Author Topic: Yahoo group for Lifers  (Read 16316 times)

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »
Alrighty, anyone interested in POSITIVE dialog concerning life, I have created a yahoo group, Life Inc, friends, in the relationships, friends section:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/heidi83
All who have nice intentions are welcome. No spam or abuse will be tolerated. This site already serves that function. The yahoo site is for lifers to revisit, have reunions and revitalise if possible from the stress of everyday life.
Thanks for any Interest, Heidi S.
formerely Heidi Moore, lifer form 83 to 84.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 10:18:00, Heidi wrote:

"Alrighty, anyone interested in POSITIVE dialog concerning life, I have created a yahoo group, Life Inc, friends, in the relationships, friends section:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/heidi83

All who have nice intentions are welcome. No spam or abuse will be tolerated. This site already serves that function. The yahoo site is for lifers to revisit, have reunions and revitalise if possible from the stress of everyday life.

Thanks for any Interest, Heidi S.

formerely Heidi Moore, lifer form 83 to 84."

Well that's convenient:  "Positive dialog only. "   Were you on staff, Heidi?  Because it sounds like you're still adhering to your first and foremost hidden rule - which is,  "There shall be no questions asked".

I do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and there are many other of the postulates of the orthodox creed to which I cannot subscribe.
--William Howard Taft, U.S. President

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »
Oh goody... we're still in group!  Thank goodness, cuz I can't function as an individual

HEIL HEIDI

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
actually no, not on staff, I was too quite for that. But like I said, you all do such a good job on the negative stuff here. I just don't want to be redundant thats all. Just trying to offer something different. If I thought some could be anything but abusive I would say just come on in. I can't help but notice, reading through all the posts, that anyone who does not slam life altogether gets slammed and abused. Thats just not my bag baby. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
Cool. Thanks.
And you're right.  Leave the bitching and complaining to the ForNuts site.

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »
I can't comment on what happened after I stopped going in to groups. I have heard it did get bad. I have heard it was the same. I personally never saw anyone get tyed up in restraints. I did not say it was all roses either. All I am saying is some of try to look at things without bitterness.I have had much worse happen in my life than the program, I don't spend my days screaming about what was done to me, or what I lost. I am however sorry for people that were hurt so badly they can't seem to move forward, but seem stuck in that bad experience. How hard life must be. I was only hoping to offer a hand shake, a smile, a place to feel safe. I fully support ones right to free speech, but as I said earlier, if one disagrees here with the status quo, slam life, they get jumped. Kind of like getting confronted if you didn't say what every one else did huh? For the record I am only a little German American. Mostly Scot-Irish and Irish, but assume what you like if it makes you feel better.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 12:57:00, Heidi wrote:

"I can't comment on what happened after I stopped going in to groups. I have heard it did get bad. I have heard it was the same. I personally never saw anyone get tyed up in restraints. I did not say it was all roses either. All I am saying is some of try to look at things without bitterness.I have had much worse happen in my life than the program, I don't spend my days screaming about what was done to me, or what I lost. I am however sorry for people that were hurt so badly they can't seem to move forward, but seem stuck in that bad experience. How hard life must be. I was only hoping to offer a hand shake, a smile, a place to feel safe. I fully support ones right to free speech, but as I said earlier, if one disagrees here with the status quo, slam life, they get jumped. Kind of like getting confronted if you didn't say what every one else did huh? For the record I am only a little German American. Mostly Scot-Irish and Irish, but assume what you like if it makes you feel better."

Heidi, Why are you assuming life is so hard for those who don't have anything nice to say about LIFE?

Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic
for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has
happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to
the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail,
there will be anarchy throughout the world.

http://www.marshfield.net/History/webster.htm' target='_new'>Daniel Webster

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
Well Heidi Heidi Ho!!! We got us a new website.

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
well, again just going from my own experience, when Matthews step mommy beat him into a coma eveentually resulting in my son's death, I was so damn bitter, I made some of the people in here, (again going off of their posts I read) look like Mary friggin poppins. I hated! I lost faith in all of humanity, faith in any sort of higher power, I mean hell what kind of god would allow something like that happen to an innocent baby who couldn't possible have done anything to deserve to have his head kicked so hard the right side of his brain was moved into left by a whole centimeter!? I was also one of the most miserable people in the world. I still have anger issues, ten years later. I still feel a bit suspect of humanity in general. Thats the whole reason I carry a glock and a firearms permit to make it legal. But I have let most of the anger go. I can take clean breaths again. I smile, have fun and well, live. If one can be as bitter as some of these posts sound and not have a hard life, well you just go then, and more power to ya. But let me ask you this. I respect your right to feel pissed about life, can you respect my right not to? Or can some of the others in here in your opinion?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »
Well, Heidi, I think maybe you just don't understand that this stuff is still going on. I'm glad to hear you're getting over that horrible tragedy. I've had my share of them too. Hell, 30 years of living almost always includes some of that.

But right now, as we speak, kids are being messed w/ in the same way by some of the same people. There's Growing Together in Lake Worth and SAFE in Orlando plus a couple of others scattered around the country under the Straight, Inc. line. Then there's an entire parallel industry that grew up out of CEDU, which was another Synanon spin off. Sometimes, at some locations, it's relatively benign (relative to Virgil Newton and Steve Cartisano) but, over and over, extremely adept megalomaniacs or particularly sadistic do gooders find their way into these groups and kids die or are driven nuts beyond what a couple of years of binging can help.

The only reason they get away with it is because people don't understand how it works. That's what this site is all about; bringing the unvarnished truth about the Program to light.

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
On some points I do know of what you speak. While on my later phases we had a good number of girls come in from straight with terrible stories. I however nerver saw anyone in restraints, forced to clean toilets with a tooth brush, hit, or abused in any way. Perhaps I should explain as folks don't know my experience. I was very intraverted, almost to the point of being backwards. I had been horribly picked on most of my entire school life. I was raised by gradparents, so I had target painted on me for being different, being poorer, and I made the cardinal mistake of going about like someone who is an easy target for bully's, nervous,ackward,overly quiet. So I did drugs in an attempt to be accepted and popular, but it backfired, just gave the jerks more reasons to pick at me and threaten to beat me up. So I never let anyone see me cry. Now, in life I was confronted. I hated it. But I soon realised they used that same peer pressure to shake me out of my shell. Now here is the part everyone seems to have a hard time with. I was rarely called on to talk. Be it about my past, the current, or my future hopes. I guess they figured it was not my thing, (still ins't, I shake like a leaf in a hurrincane when in front of an audiance). However I did go through 2 over nighters with Ms. Pete. In small groups, while I didn't bawl my head off, I could talk much better. Guess that was staff's why of seeing where I was at. I did learn to stop blaming others for my choices. I did learn how to look at a situation and think it through instead of just reacting to it. I did learn how to stick up for myself and stop being a target. I learned how to accept myself and not place all my value in what others saw when they looked at me. They told me I could do anything I put my mind to and had value for who I was. Did I still make mistakes? Sha! Going in the Army was one. Ft. Dix New Jersy in December was cold! That place made life look like a cake walk. I got hurt and sent home before I even finished basic! My first husband was a mistake. He would tell me I was stupid, and that no one else would want me. That and the physical violence I call abuse. I gave him 7 years and filed for divorce, finally, on my 7th wedding annaversary. (Vindictive me, nah)seemed appropriate somehow. Do I always apply what I learned, no. Did I do drugs again after life, yup. But I realised due to what I had learned I was just repeating old patterns that never got me anywhere and stopped. Geez, even now I make mistakes. I hate my house, bought while under construction. Should have listened to the husband and waited. But now I own my mistakes and do what I can to try to fix them. I also clean up after myself and if I have hurt others try to apologise and not only help them feel better, but not repeat actions that hurt them. I may not write m.i.s or say I just made ammends and step number whatever, but the basic ideas are there. Now, if these other places are still doing what straight did, close them. But should we stop trying to help kids who are doing drugs, confussed and not getting any help from their folks who are just as clueless? No one is born with an instruction book, we learn through what we experience. But untill people are shown a different way of doing things, a good deal just keep doing the same old stuff.  Whould I like to save the world? Sure, if it meant I could live in a better place and didn't have to put up with others crap. I'm gonna tell it like it is. Most of us do stuff for our own reasons, not because we want to be Mother Teresa  the second. But if you watch the news you see cops being arrested for child molestation. Shit is not limited to these programs. Recall the big Catholic preist scandals? Preists doing kids, geez, in an instution older than a lot of countries, the Catholic church! America is supposed to be the  most powerful country in the world, yet we have homeless people wandering the streets, people that can't afford life saving medication, sadistic assholes teaching third grade. Sitting here bitching about how hard my past, that can't be changed was, ain't fixing didley.  But I did offer what the bitchers swear they did not have, a choice, to go to an alternative site, one that encourages people to think and exchange ideas for fixing what sucks. I have yet to read one sentence about how to change these bad places into places where kids like I was at 16,-- not a hard core drug addict by any means, just a kid who needed to be taught a different way of doing things,something my folks did not know how to do because they were not shown -- into such a place as that. I did pick up some bad stuff from the program too. I cuss horribly, say fu-- way too much. Probably will the rest of omy life. Still detest public speaking, which may have started before the program, dunno, but having to talk there just stands out. And can we talk? I mean for those of you now parents of a teen, do they admit they are wrong or made a mistake. At that age we all thought we knew more than the adults, and were indestructable. Just wait till you are a parent of a teen. All parents I know have gloried in regaling me in tales of trying to raise a teen. I have been through a lot,much more than writing for a couple days here could began to cover, and I think if it were not for the program I would have given up years ago. But now, that strikes me as such a waste and I have a stubborn drive to keep going. Go figure. I'll climb down off my soapbox now. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say it!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Well Heidi, yours sounds like a typical Program story. I made almost exactly the same mistakes. Didn't do the military or a whole lot of drugs, but just fell in aimlessly w/ some loser who treated me badly. Only spent about 2 years trying to straighten him out, and the last year of that only because I thought our daughter deserved whatever shot I could give her at growing up w/ a mom-n-dad happily married together.

The trouble w/ the Program is that it intentionally induces a level of emotional and intellectual dependence that leaves many graduates sitting ducks for predators when your feet hit the ground back out in the real world.

Most of us shake it off to some degree and get on with life. Many don't. I know the intention behind it is good. Hell, these people are my family of origin. I spent my Friday nights into the wee hours of Saturday mornings at open meeting at the Seed followed by the endless coffee klatch at Denney's from the time I was about six years old. I _know_ these people and the philosophy and the culture _intimately_. The trouble w/ it is that, even though the people who do this believe they're doing good, they're breaking things in their subjects that no one knows how to fix.

And that's the best case scenareo. Never mind what happens when some truely sadistic control freak gets ahold of one of these groups.

But here's the thing. If you're not into discussing the issue or helping to spread the word, then don't. But you don't have to be insulting about it. I think it's an important issue. And it is a tragic, ugly story that we're telling. That doesn't mean it's the sole focus of my life or that I'm somehow deranged for paying attention to it. It just means that this is something I think is worth doing. To each his own.

Oh, but if you really want to understand why it's so important, you could do worse than to check out that book I'm hawking in the prominent top banner of each page of this site. It is, by far, the best one written to date on the topic of the Troubled Parent industry.

Peace and good luck,

What is a committee?  A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.    
-- Richard Harkness, The New York Times, 1960

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
On 2006-02-03 09:04:00, Eudora wrote:

The trouble w/ it is that, even though the people who do this believe they're doing good, they're breaking things in their subjects that no one knows how to fix.

And that's the best case scenareo. Never mind what happens when some truely sadistic control freak gets ahold of one of these groups.

:nworthy:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
Until your post Eudora no one was willing to discuss, just cuss  -- me for having a different opinion. I will check out your book as well and as I did state here I have learned some things I did not know before. My complant was with those not wanting to discuss and speak with reason, or even attempt to try to find viable solutions. In all honesty, I did a web search and wondered in here seeking information. I got it. Thanks again.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »
Eh, it's a rough neighborhood. You just dropped into the middle of an ongoing argument.

Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
-- John Muir