Author Topic: Yahoo group for Lifers  (Read 16318 times)

Offline xvipah

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
There's nothing wrong with having a positive feeling about the program and your time there.  I certainly do.  

To err is human; to forgive is simply not our policy.

-- MIT Assasination Club slogan

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
On 2006-02-03 15:26:00, xvipah wrote:

"There's nothing wrong with having a positive feeling about the program and your time there.  I certainly do.  

"

As do I.  That doesn't sit well with most posters here though.  Oh well, such is life (no pun intended)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
On 2006-02-04 08:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-02-03 15:26:00, xvipah wrote:

"There's nothing wrong with having a positive feeling about the program and your time there.  I certainly do.  

"

As do I.  That doesn't sit well with most posters here though.  Oh well, such is life (no pun intended)"

Most posters here understand the origins of that sick place and the kinds of damage that it did to many, many kids as does the NMHA.  That doesn't seem to sit well with the devotees.

Offline KillJoy

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
This is so amazing.  I just read through several posts on this website.   I was in Life in 1985 and went through, graduated and made some good changes within myself.  I have mostly funny memories of my time there, and would love to find others who feel the same way.  
  Are people 15 and 20 years later really stuck in a crappy attitude and mad at their parents about going there?  That is a riot.  
  I will check into the new Yahoo group.  Thanks Heidi.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
On 2006-02-04 10:02:00, KillJoy wrote:

" This is so amazing.  I just read through several posts on this website.   I was in Life in 1985 and went through, graduated and made some good changes within myself.  I have mostly funny memories of my time there, and would love to find others who feel the same way.  

Are people 15 and 20 years later really stuck in a crappy attitude and mad at their parents about going there?  That is a riot.  

I will check into the new Yahoo group.  Thanks Heidi."

Yeah, don't you know?  All of us who have nothing good to say about the program are all jobless, loveless and living in squalor.  All we do is sit around and ruminate.  

Yes, indeed... being a dissident on Fornits is my full time job.  I get up at 4am and begin my rants, and I don't quit until I pass out in a stupor in my parent's basement.

However,  I have this breathtaking bridge for sale in the Mojave Desert, and some prime property in the Everglades.  Make me an offer quick so I can afford another bottle of Mad Dog.

:roll:

The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language.  
-- D. E. Knuth, 1967

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
On 2006-02-04 10:21:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

Yeah, don't you know?  All of us who have nothing good to say about the program are all jobless, loveless and living in squalor.  All we do is sit around and ruminate.  

Yes, indeed... being a dissident on Fornits is my full time job.  I get up at 4am and begin my rants, and I don't quit until I pass out in a stupor in my parent's basement.

However,  I have this breathtaking bridge for sale in the Mojave Desert, and some prime property in the Everglades.  Make me an offer quick so I can afford another bottle of Mad Dog.

:rofl:  :lol:

Heidi, most of us are pissed about the fact that sick little cults like LIFE continue to this day and kids continue to be abused at those places.  LIFE came right out of Straight, as did KIDS, Growing Together, etc.  I can think of 3 people off the top of my head that were in LIFE at the same time you were and they paint a very different picture than you do.

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
So I am learning, well at least about these other programs, some of which I had until lately not heard of. I honestly did not expect everyone to recall Life with glee. I had a bad experience myself as posted here on another board. But it was over good for me, and thats all I was saying. Everyone has a right to feel and to vocalise those feelings. If there are now places hurting people, as I said also, close them, but lets not leave folks with no solutions for help, if they want it. I wanted it. I came back from California to go in Life. Once I got in there I was shell shocked for the first couple weeks, but I wanted to do something positive with my life and can only hope I did. Thank you for your imput, as I do continue to learn things.

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »
On 2006-02-04 10:21:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

"Yeah, don't you know?  All of us who have nothing good to say about the program are all jobless, loveless and living in squalor.  All we do is sit around and ruminate."

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm starting to think that the only way to become well-adjusted is to hop on the Torture Advocacy bandwagon.
ick, tick.

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
On 2006-02-04 12:01:00, Heidi wrote:

"So I am learning, well at least about these other programs, some of which I had until lately not heard of. I honestly did not expect everyone to recall Life with glee. I had a bad experience myself as posted here on another board. But it was over good for me, and thats all I was saying. Everyone has a right to feel and to vocalise those feelings. If there are now places hurting people, as I said also, close them, but lets not leave folks with no solutions for help, if they want it. I wanted it. I came back from California to go in Life. Once I got in there I was shell shocked for the first couple weeks, but I wanted to do something positive with my life and can only hope I did. Thank you for your imput, as I do continue to learn things."

Ok, Heidi... I don't know where you're going.  You're all over the map.  First you come at us with "Here's my yahoo group, and I'm gonna kill ANY negative response", then you say that you also posted something less than a glowing review.  I can understand mixed feelings, but up until now, you seemed to be carrying a torch for the program.

And check your PMs.

I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=0#170123

Our country has deliberately undertaken a great social and economic experimanet, noble in motive and far-reaching in purpose. [The Eighteenth Amendment, enacting Prohibition.]
Letter to Senator W.H. Borah
--Herbert Hoover (Feb 28, 1928)

Offline Heidi

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
I thought all the Striaght programs had been closed back in the 80's and did not know of any other programs coming from them. I also had posted a reply to another topic and had a less than ideal reception. Hence my reaction. I also did not think any one who had a negative outlook to Life would be interested in joining another group that differed from one consistent with their opinions, or even care if there was another group. Lets be honest too, after the way people have been treated who did not have a bad experience at Life here, unless I offered a net as it were, for a site intended to be a resting place to recconect with folks, what is to stop them from figuring, "why bother I will get sniped there too".

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »
On 2006-02-04 13:59:00, Heidi wrote:

"I thought all the Striaght programs had been closed back in the 80's and did not know of any other programs coming from them. I also had posted a reply to another topic and had a less than ideal reception. Hence my reaction. I also did not think any one who had a negative outlook to Life would be interested in joining another group that differed from one consistent with their opinions, or even care if there was another group. Lets be honest too, after the way people have been treated who did not have a bad experience at Life here, unless I offered a net as it were, for a site intended to be a resting place to recconect with folks, what is to stop them from figuring, "why bother I will get sniped there too"."

Free speech is all about people voicing differing opinions. That's why this board is unmoderated.

And nobody's jumping on anybody for having a good experience in any program. The thing that burnns most of us up is the fact that some people seem to  just ignore the bad that did go on, as a regular accepted part of the Program. You most certainly saw and experienced at least some of these things as well, I'm sure.

I was there in '87, and things like beltlooping, restraining, humiliation, being watched by others during every waking moment, being locked up against one's will with no legal proceedings whatsoever... all this stuff was going on and it was the same program.

The idea of having a forum that is totally void of any differing opinions from yours is a little fascist, don't you think?
ick, tick.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »
On 2006-02-02 12:46:00, Heidi wrote:

I can't help but notice, reading through all the posts, that anyone who does not slam life altogether gets slammed and abused. Thats just not my bag baby. :grin: "

Thats funny,because every time I post something here the usual reply is that L.I.F.E. was nothing more than "Straight Lite".
I saw nothing but horrid abuses in L.I.F.E. and the host homes,and denial of medical attention,and un nutritional food.
Get fucked Heidi,and go somewhere else to hawk your new "group".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
The LIFE Yahoo group is slowly growing.  Glad I found it as this Fornits shit gets old real fast.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Yahoo group for Lifers
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
On 2006-02-12 02:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

Thats funny,because every time I post something here the usual reply is that L.I.F.E. was nothing more than "Straight Lite".

Not true.  It happens every once in a while but that's only because people know it pisses you off.