Author Topic: Did You Receive a Psychiatric Evaluation at HLA?  (Read 13725 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Did You Receive a Psychiatric Evaluation at HLA?
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
I'm looking for anyone who has undergone a psychiatric evaluation at HLA.  

What tests were performed?  By whom?  What were the results?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Nope.

None. No one. Nothing.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »
Hey,
Whadda ya call a traditional boarding school that conducts psychiatric evaluations?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
On 2006-02-02 19:25:00, Deborah wrote:

"Hey,

Whadda ya call a traditional boarding school that conducts psychiatric evaluations? "

An RTC.

Isn't it against ORS regulations for a boarding school to provide treatment plans?  I'm pretty sure it is, but if anyone can cite the regulation, it would be helpful.

Also, if "Truth" is going to say "We do evaluations, not treatment plans," then my question is what good is testing without a plan to address what the testing reveals?  Or do you just ignore the results?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

"Hey,

Whadda ya call a traditional boarding school that conducts psychiatric evaluations? "

A place that knows with a dual diagnosis that they will make more money. :wave:

If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living asking 'Do you want fries with that?'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302294274/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>John Cleese

die

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
HLA does testing and has treatment plans.  Again, I am not saying it has always been this way.  I am telling you how it is now.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
On 2006-02-03 05:45:00, HLA Truth wrote:

"HLA does testing and has treatment plans.  Again, I am not saying it has always been this way.  I am telling you how it is now."

How do you reconcile providing treatment plans with being a "traditional boarding school"?  Georgia ORS prohibits traditional boarding schools from providing treatment plans.

I guess it's time to fire off another letter and make a few calls.  Apparently, these folks have been holding out to ORS that they don't provide treatment plans, but do provide IEP's.  It looks like they got it backwards.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
Who is exempt?

2. Any bona fide boarding school whose PRIMARY PURPOSE of admission is EDUCATION, provided that such facility in order to claim exemption shall operate under a published academic educational curriculum which meets the requirements of the State Department of Education, shall have classroom facilities which are not used for residential living, shall not have been granted nor have assumed legal custody of children attending the facility, and SHALL NOT PROVIDE SERVICE PLANNING AND CASEWORK SERVICES as described in these rules.*

----------------------------------------------

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=0#97854
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
On 2006-02-03 05:43:00, odie wrote:

"

"Hey,

A place that knows with a dual diagnosis that they will make more money. :wave:

If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living asking 'Do you want fries with that?'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302294274/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>John Cleese

"

Good point.  What are you doing on this side of town, Odie?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
I got this real warm fuzzy loving feeling when I read some of the posts in this forum so I think I'll stick around awhile. ::bangin:: I guess my first question about this particular topic is who is administering these psychiatric evaluations? If I know that I'll have a better understanding of how the results of the evaluations are being treated and by whom.

Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.
--Bastard Administrator

die

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
It can be confusing. If you, or any one else, is interested in reading the regulations for Residential facilities, here?s how you get there.
Go here http://ors.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site/DHR-ORS/
Select ?For Providers? in the left column
Select ?Laws and Regulations?
Select ?Current?
Select ? Residential Child Care Licensing ?
Then ?Residential Care Facilities?

That will get you there.
Right below RCF is Therapeutic Camps if you're interested in the regulations for Ridge Creek.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
I guess my first question about this particular topic is who is administering these psychiatric evaluations?

Well, it seems they do have a bona-fide head shrinker doing the testing.  I have no problems with that at all.

Where I have a problem is that ALL kids are not tested, even though nearly all are labeled as "ODD" which requires testing to R/O mood disorders, etc.  That's a problem.

Another problem I have is that HLA is registered as a "traditioonal boarding school" and the psych testing and treatment plans are prohibited by this classification.  Another problem.

See, Odie, they are not properly licensed to perform the functions that they do provide.  I'm not saying they shouldn't provide these services - in my view that would be going backwards.  

What I AM saying is that they should be properly classified and licensed so that the services they provide can be properly monitored by the appropriate agencies to help ensure the health and safety of the children there.  Isn't that what it's all SUPPOSED to be about - the kids?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
On 2006-02-03 05:45:00, HLA Truth wrote:

"HLA does testing and has treatment plans.  Again, I am not saying it has always been this way.  I am telling you how it is now."

If this is true why is HLA telling ORS they are a traditional boarding school?

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
On 2006-02-03 07:49:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:
See, Odie, they are not properly licensed to perform the functions that they do provide.  I'm not saying they shouldn't provide these services - in my view that would be going backwards.  

Hmmm...seems I have to agree with DJ for once. I looked at their website for answers but it is deceiving to say the least.  ::bangin:: I see how they can get away with addressing the substance abuse problems of the kids by providing psychoeducational classes then they go and shoot themselves in the foot by saying their counselors receive supervision. Now as I understand it supervision of counselors is for case review so that would mean they are offering SA treatment to these kids. Now I may be a little mentally defective  :lol: but I do believe you must have a specific license to do SA counseling. Anybody know  if they are licensed to do substance abuse counseling?

I believe that relgion is the belief in future life and in God. I don't believe in either. I don't believe in God as I don't believe in Mother Goose.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-02-06 11:38 ]
die

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Oh and btw I was referring to the facility license, not the LAPC or LPC that they have on board.

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

die