Author Topic: worried  (Read 20610 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 07:55:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"I'd be willing to bet that these kids will be put into group this week and squeezed hard to rat on eachother so that the staff can find out who's been "manipulating" their parents.  Once they single out the kid they suspect the punishment will be swift and decisive.  I personally have seen this many times.

You are correct in assuming that they will punish your child for your concern.
"

That is not a correct assumption.  Maybe it was that way 10 years ago, but that is not how things work now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 21:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have a child at HLA and I'm worried about the posts that I have been reading.  Does anyone have any current information on the conditions there?"

What are some of your specific concerns?  You do not have to name your child if you do not want to do so.  What are you hearing from your child that is of concern to you?  I would be happy to either validate your concerns or put them to rest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 13:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

What are some of your specific concerns?  You do not have to name your child if you do not want to do so.  What are you hearing from your child that is of concern to you?  I would be happy to either validate your concerns or put them to rest."

Who are you that you would be able to 'validate' or refute what goes on there?  I'm not saying you can't, but what connection do you have that you would be in a position to do so?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »
Some Concerns:
Drugs on campus
Overzealous restrictions that accumulate into time at Ridge Creek
Monitoring out going mail to parents and refusing to send if they don't consider it "productive"
Confrontational group sessions
Not addressing academic needs (especially if sent to Ridge Creek)
Violence on campus especially in dorms
Facing restrictions if negative in any way, especially if they don't want to reveal dark secrets
Restrictions for psychological symptoms
To name a few....

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 13:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-23 07:55:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"I'd be willing to bet that these kids will be put into group this week and squeezed hard to rat on eachother so that the staff can find out who's been "manipulating" their parents.  Once they single out the kid they suspect the punishment will be swift and decisive.  I personally have seen this many times.

You are correct in assuming that they will punish your child for your concern.

"

That is not a correct assumption.  Maybe it was that way 10 years ago, but that is not how things work now.  "

Funny, because there have been quite a few parents who have reported exactly this in the past few months.  Must be "lying, manipulative teen-aged" parents, huh?

Why don't you say how you are qualified or experienced to say anything at all about HLA?  Do you seriously expect that you can put parents' concerns "to rest" while posting anonymously?   Say who you are and how you're qualified to talk to the subject matter and maybe you can make a difference.  Until then you're just a nobody.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 13:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Some Concerns:

Drugs on campus

Overzealous restrictions that accumulate into time at Ridge Creek

Monitoring out going mail to parents and refusing to send if they don't consider it "productive"

Confrontational group sessions

Not addressing academic needs (especially if sent to Ridge Creek)

Violence on campus especially in dorms

Facing restrictions if negative in any way, especially if they don't want to reveal dark secrets

Restrictions for psychological symptoms

To name a few...."

I think it is pretty clear that this is not a concerned parent making this post, but rather an HLA basher who is posing as a parent.  That's pretty sick.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
What is "pretty sick" is that the poster's statements are dead on accurate.  Also, it's "pretty sick" for you to presume who anyone is or isn't without even saying that you have a dog in the fight.  What are you embarrassed of?  Can't hold up your end of an intellectual discussion of HLA's crappy little program?

Get a username and state your point or shut up.  Your commentary is useless without the opportunity to compare it to the source.  You're just wasting everyone's time.

If you want to troll relentlessly, that's your business, but it's clear you don't want to talk about this parent's valid concerns about the facility.  

Step up to the plate with some answers or get lost.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
Because I don't believe it is actually a parent who is posting this.  Just give me the counselors names and I will believe you.  And don't give me this stuff about being scared that we will figure it out and torture the poor child.  That's rediculous.  You are just scaring people by saying stuff like that.  If you give me the name of the childs counselor, I will believe that you are truly concerned.  Otherwise, I have no reason to believe you are anything but a sicko posing as a parent trying to feed on peoples fears.

If you are truly a parent, I apologize for asking you to prove yourself, but the sick games that most of the people play on this site make it neccessary.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »
" I have no reason to believe you are anything but a sicko..."

Interesting coming from someone who refuses to identify herself.  Don't you think you are viewed as a random "sicko" here as well?  

Say who you are and why YOU'RE here.  Maybe you could provide some insight, but until you say who you are you are just another random "sicko" who gets off on the pain of children.  Prove otherwise or move along, troll.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
Unfortunatly, I am an HLA parent.  That's what brought me to the board in the first place.  I've been through the parent's workshops and listened to their spill, yet I hear conflicting information from others in the program along with my child.  My purpose for posting on this board is to get information.  I said these are some concerns that I have, that does not mean it is a fact.  I wanted to see if anyone had heard of similar experiences or could possibly dispel this information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »
Do you also want my son's peer group number?  Would that help?  Come on give me a break...I will tell you when he was at Ridge Creek we talked with Steve Sorrells.  Does that help?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 14:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Do you also want my son's peer group number?  Would that help?  Come on give me a break...I will tell you when he was at Ridge Creek we talked with Steve Sorrells.  Does that help?"

Sure, it would help identify your kid so he could get that crap punished out of him for "manipulating" you.

Lady, these people would just as readily sick Quirk and Quirk on you for asking questions as to try to answer anything you ask with legitimate concern.

What in Heaven's name does it matter who your kid is?  Isn't it just a TAD BIT more important to know who's asking?  For Christ's sake, I see how so many of you go for this in the first place.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »
Here we go again with the anonymous HLA 'supporters' pontificating like the moral majority without ever letting anyone know how or why they're qualified in any way to speak about the issues.  

The carefully crafted anonymity does nothing to bolster their viewpoints or credibility, but my, how they carry on regardless...

"Concerned Parent" please get a username (it's very easy) and drop me a Private Message and I'll be glad to help you understand what will not ever be explained to you in this public venue.

Best Regards.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 13:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

Who are you that you would be able to 'validate' or refute what goes on there?  I'm not saying you can't, but what connection do you have that you would be in a position to do so?"

Anyone else hear crickets chirping?  Wonder if they'll ever get around to answering that. :roll:

Ok, so here we have a parent that is worried about their kid's safety at HLA.  We have some HLA employee (apparently by their own admission) trying to dig out who this kid is or which group he's in but the employee refuses to identify themselves or even at the very least reveal how they would be in a position to check on this kid.  

Anyone else getting a sick feeling in their stomach? :???:

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
Dear HLA stooge,

The parent (or in terms you can understand: pay check) has listed off her concerns. Now are you going to answer them as you said you would?

Also while I can respect your desire to keep your name private perhaps you'd be willing to share with us in what capacity you serve at HLA? After all she should be assured shes not talking to some sicko who likes to play games on here right?

Or should we just assume its Kathleen yet again?