Author Topic: sexual misconduct  (Read 15241 times)

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 20:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I cannot say how much the administrators knew about the teacher's behavior prior to the summer when he left the school after the girl's parents reported his sexual misconduct.

I do know, however, that there were other inappropriate male comments made to girls about their bodies in general, and some girls were put on diets arbitarily. Seemed odd to have a male teacher weighing in all these teenage girls. The wrestlers taught the girls how to get their weight down for these weigh-ins by using laxatives. The weight loss was totally unsupervised. The teachers said to lose so many pounds and the girls were expected to do it with no guidance. They had to eat the same high starch food in the dining room as everyone else and weigh in once a week. After weighing in on a weekend morning, they headed to the dining room for french toast or pancakes with lots of syrup. Hyde was really good at teaching the binge-purge cycle. "

I guess this is a bit off the sex topic but does anyone know if Hyde's still as obsessed about weight as they were in the '70s?

All religion is dumb. It's one big story they're feeding you so you'll  behave on Earth. If there is a god, then he's a prick.
--Howard Stern, American radio personality

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »
On 2006-04-29 13:15:00, tommyfromhyde1 wrote:

"

On 2006-04-27 20:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I cannot say how much the administrators knew about the teacher's behavior prior to the summer when he left the school after the girl's parents reported his sexual misconduct.

I do know, however, that there were other inappropriate male comments made to girls about their bodies in general, and some girls were put on diets arbitarily. Seemed odd to have a male teacher weighing in all these teenage girls. The wrestlers taught the girls how to get their weight down for these weigh-ins by using laxatives. The weight loss was totally unsupervised. The teachers said to lose so many pounds and the girls were expected to do it with no guidance. They had to eat the same high starch food in the dining room as everyone else and weigh in once a week. After weighing in on a weekend morning, they headed to the dining room for french toast or pancakes with lots of syrup. Hyde was really good at teaching the binge-purge cycle. "

I guess this is a bit off the sex topic but does anyone know if Hyde's still as obsessed about weight as they were in the '70s?

All religion is dumb. It's one big story they're feeding you so you'll  behave on Earth. If there is a god, then he's a prick.
--Howard Stern, American radio personality

"

When I was at Hyde in the early 2000's, they did not talk to us about weight.  It would be kind of funny if they did because the majority of female administrators are overweight.  Some are severely obese!

Offline SLenders

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »
YOu have no idea what your talking about you should probably stop speaking of Hyde like you know the place! And if you did have an exsperience you are ovbiously spiteful that you got put in your place and you cant handle it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2006-05-06 05:27:00, SLenders wrote:

"YOu have no idea what your talking about you should probably stop speaking of Hyde like you know the place! And if you did have an exsperience you are ovbiously spiteful that you got put in your place and you cant handle it."

Could you be more specific? What particular post are you talking about?  How do you know it not to be true?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
and your intelligent. you da maaaaaaaaaan!
what an idiot!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

On 2006-04-27 19:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was propositioned by the same teacher to whom "Sue" is referring, the one who ostensibly slept with another student whose parents then sued the school in the 1970's. Although I did not take him up on his offer, it was harmful and has remained with me for years. I never told my parents or anyone else at the school...

<
Thank you for being so honest about what happened to you at Hyde. Was Hyde or some of the staff aware that this Mr T was propositioning the female students? If they did know, did they take any action?  At what point did they take action?  Was Mr T at Hyde for very long?

Sorry for all the questions or asking you to relive what happened to you, but am very curious if Hyde has changed at all. I know they did not take the situation with Mr Dubinsky seriously even when several girls reported how uncomfortable he made them feel.

At the time the original misconduct occurred (the rape), some 30 years ago, I overheard at least two conversations between faculty members that this had NOT been the first time that BT had tried to pull this behaviour off (although he had been unsuccessful on previous attempt).  Are we to understand that there are even MORE women out there abused by this predator?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2006, 09:55:13 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""Guest""

On 2006-04-27 19:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was propositioned by the same teacher to whom "Sue" is referring, the one who ostensibly slept with another student whose parents then sued the school in the 1970's. Although I did not take him up on his offer, it was harmful and has remained with me for years. I never told my parents or anyone else at the school...

<
Thank you for being so honest about what happened to you at Hyde. Was Hyde or some of the staff aware that this Mr T was propositioning the female students? If they did know, did they take any action?  At what point did they take action?  Was Mr T at Hyde for very long?

Sorry for all the questions or asking you to relive what happened to you, but am very curious if Hyde has changed at all. I know they did not take the situation with Mr Dubinsky seriously even when several girls reported how uncomfortable he made them feel.

At the time the original misconduct occurred (the rape), some 30 years ago, I overheard at least two conversations between faculty members that this had NOT been the first time that BT had tried to pull this behaviour off (although he had been unsuccessful on previous attempt).  Are we to understand that there are even MORE women out there abused by this predator?

I saw him at the hyde 40th bday party.  Man the years have been bad to him.  He looked like he would have a hard time mounting a easy chair let alone a teen age girl.  His wife Lynn is still pretty spry and attractive tho.

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
Earl Bigalow
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 02:45:38 PM »
I am suprised that none has mentioned the most recent and most notable case of sexual misconduct at hyde,  In 2004 the very popular music teachers was fired because he had been having a relationship with a student  and had engaged in sexual activity  with this student while on a  school trip. They had one meeting to adress what had happend, and to announce that bigalow was not working at hyde anymore...to my knowladge no leagal action was taken and many students ran into him in town afterwards.   it is also worth saying that many of the female student in his music classes were uneasy with him and thought that he was too close with a handful of the girls, of course nothing was done about it untill it was too late.

as a side note i dont believe we should be using psydonyms for sexual predators
Y

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
Well, there you go!  ANOTHER one I'm not familiar with!  Just goes to show!  Thanks for enlightening/reminding us!

Again:  no legal action taken.

BTW, what do you mean by this:
[/quote]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Earl Bigalow
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »
Quote from: ""mansion dweller""
I am suprised that none has mentioned the most recent and most notable case of sexual misconduct at hyde,  In 2004 the very popular music teachers was fired because he had been having a relationship with a student  and had engaged in sexual activity  with this student while on a  school trip. They had one meeting to adress what had happend, and to announce that bigalow was not working at hyde anymore...to my knowladge no leagal action was taken and many students ran into him in town afterwards.   it is also worth saying that many of the female student in his music classes were uneasy with him and thought that he was too close with a handful of the girls, of course nothing was done about it untill it was too late.

On which campus did this occur?  What kind of publicity did it get?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
Well, there you go!  ANOTHER one I'm not familiar with!  Just goes to show!  Thanks for enlightening/reminding us!

Again:  no legal action taken.

BTW, what do you mean by this:
[/quote]

I think they want to know who BT is. Do you want to tell them.  I would have to look up his last name. I know how to spell Bill

Emil

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
Bob Thurrell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »
Bob Thurrell

"bob" where did I get "bill"  I still can spell thurrell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »
Once, while walking up the wood steps going toward the back entrance of the mansion, I was in front of a particular male teacher, who is now deceased. Because of the nature of steps and his position behind me, he had full view of my rear end. This occassioned a rude comment from him to me about my body. I was horrified, humiliated, ashamed. This was years ago, and it still stings. I am not sure if anyone at the school at the time really thought this kind of comment was out of line. The damage that can do to an adolescent girl is very real and deep, especially when the comment comes from a teacher. When this teacher died, Laura Gauld wrote a glowing piece about him in some Hyde publication, about how wonderful his influence was on students and teachers. I was so sad when I read it. His influence on me was anything but wonderful.

Anyone know who this former teacher is?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »
Once, while walking up the wood steps going toward the back entrance of the mansion, I was in front of a particular male teacher, who is now deceased. Because of the nature of steps and his position behind me, he had full view of my rear end. This occassioned a rude comment from him to me about my body. I was horrified, humiliated, ashamed. This was years ago, and it still stings. I am not sure if anyone at the school at the time really thought this kind of comment was out of line. The damage that can do to an adolescent girl is very real and deep, especially when the comment comes from a teacher. When this teacher died, Laura Gauld wrote a glowing piece about him in some Hyde publication, about how wonderful his influence was on students and teachers. I was so sad when I read it. His influence on me was anything but wonderful.
Anyone know who this former teacher is?

Off the top of my head, two possible candidates come to mind -- as far as being dead and also having "a glowing piece" written about them in a Hyde publication goes...  Both men were very popular, generally more so with the male students.  

... Which kind of brings to the fore just how some teacher could get away with commenting on a female student's rear end in the first place.  But then, we are talking about Hyde, prime climate for abetting and even encouraging that kind of intrusive judgment...  

Who knows whether that teacher would have even thought to make such a remark in a different school environment.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------