Author Topic: A Straight, Inc. Xmas?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline LittleCat

• View Profile
A Straight, Inc. Xmas?
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
Anyone else find themselves having a hard time dealing with Straight during the holidays?  I spent two Xmas's in Dallas-Straight and I find it difficult to not think about Straight during this time of year.  argh.

-Leslie Marie (Porter)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline fedelta_a_verita

• View Profile
A Straight, Inc. Xmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: fedelta_a_verita on 2006-01-03 07:44 ]

Offline LittleCat

• View Profile
A Straight, Inc. Xmas?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
I'm glad you are able to move on so entirely.  About once a year or so I have this desire to take a look at that chapter of my life.  Usually, after a couple of days, I'm able to readjust myself and let Straight, Inc. sink on the priority list to something less pressing.  This year, it hasn't been like that.  I think some of us might have a need sometime in our adult lives to deal with Straight, Inc. once and for all.  To do that might cause some pain and agony as we open ourselves up to something that was so intensely damaging.  However, there is value for me to touch on these issues and put them to bed.  I hope for a sense of peace about my experiences at Straight, Inc... not just for myself but for everyone who was there.  For those of us who choose to take some time to deal with Straight,Inc...I think it's important to find compassion, understanding and support...and also to  encourage each other to do what we need to in order to take control of what Straight, Inc. has done in our lives.  Maybe some of us will be able to do it more quickly than others...but that's not what I think is important.  What's important is that we find ourselves again and are able to look Straight, Inc. in the face and take back what we lost there...our dignity, our innocence and to some degree our identity.  

I sincerely hope no one else will post here saying they have a hard time at Xmas due to memories of being held in Straight, Inc.  If there are some that do... I hope they find comfort in knowing that they aren't alone...and that someone cares.

Happy Holidays,
-Leslie Marie

Offline MammaBird

• View Profile
A Straight, Inc. Xmas?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
While it's just great that some people are able to move on quickly from brainwashing and suffer no long term effects from systematic emotional terrorism, I am not one of them.  Holidays haven't been hard for a while (they were though, for quite a while) but there are definite triggers.  You are certainly not alone.

I hope you have peaceful holidays.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
A Straight, Inc. Xmas?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
I deeply believe that our emotions are always out of our control until we feel them, and take a good look at them. Then we can make a decision to think or act differently. Trying to force emotions aside is what allowed me to never forget about straight, until I started reading other people's stories here. It brought up a whole host of emotions for months, I could hardly stop talking about it or feeling overwhelmed. Now, they are getting weaker and weaker, I can think about it and yes still get occasionally upset, but nothing like it felt a couple of years ago.

Here's to grieving![ This Message was edited by: JMA on 2005-12-23 20:52 ]