Author Topic: Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?  (Read 13735 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
On 2005-12-30 13:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No crying necessary. I just wish that I could meet a couple of those staff in a dark alley someday."

We can always hope.

:skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Troll lol That is why it is hard to believe you people. I am not a troll. but whatever makes you feel good.   :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
::fuckoff::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »
On 2006-01-03 03:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

I want to know too! Was it like a coffin, or was it a small room. Seriously, I don't know because when I was in Isolation Room at CCM back in 1990 it was a small room with a bare floor on the first floor of the manor. This was in the very early stages of WWASP. It was funny, one time I was thrown in there, and the walls were made out of laminate partical board. I ripped down the inside wall, then kicked out the other one, and climbed out between the 2 x 4's. I remember the person on the other side being scared shitless of what I might do to them. I didn't hurt them though, I was laughing my ass off!!!!! But, I think times have changed!"

sounds like you belonged in that room. or one that was padded."

Why would you say that?  Sounds like she had a sane response to being locked up in a box.  Damn you people are judgemental.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »
sounds like you belonged in that room. or one that was padded."

I agree with the above poster, this is an absolute horrible things to say and you should be ashamed of yourself. There is no excuse to make light of the hell-on-Earth some kids have gone through, absolutely none.

I would never wish this treatment on my worst enemy. I could not live with myself if I did.

And WWASP uses it to 'help teens'?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!?!  :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
The same type of attitude some adults on here have towards people being abused is, sadly, the same one they have when their kids tell them what's happened.  They speak as if whatever the teens have done (having sex, talking back, running away, breaking a program rule) is some sort of justification for using torture as a form of delayed and extended punishment.  You're the same types who would've made good Nazis or joined in on the Abu Ghraib abuse.

I was at a program where we stood demerits, facing the wall without moving or talking, no radio or background noise permitted, for 25 minute increments each.  About half the facility would get an average of 2-3 daily for minor offenses.  Once we asked the staff to stand just one demerit, just once, to see what it was like.  Only one woman took us up on the offer, she couldn't make it through, she cried, and she actually began to talk to us for the more minor offenses (stray hair stuck in shower drain) rather than give out demerits every time a minor infraction occurred.  

As an adult, I hope to instill compassion and forgiveness in my own children.  Let he who is perfect cast the first stone.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »
On 2006-01-03 18:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The same type of attitude some adults on here have towards people being abused is, sadly, the same one they have when their kids tell them what's happened.  They speak as if whatever the teens have done (having sex, talking back, running away, breaking a program rule) is some sort of justification for using torture as a form of delayed and extended punishment.  You're the same types who would've made good Nazis or joined in on the Abu Ghraib abuse.

I was at a program where we stood demerits, facing the wall without moving or talking, no radio or background noise permitted, for 25 minute increments each.  About half the facility would get an average of 2-3 daily for minor offenses.  Once we asked the staff to stand just one demerit, just once, to see what it was like.  Only one woman took us up on the offer, she couldn't make it through, she cried, and she actually began to talk to us for the more minor offenses (stray hair stuck in shower drain) rather than give out demerits every time a minor infraction occurred.  

As an adult, I hope to instill compassion and forgiveness in my own children.  Let he who is perfect cast the first stone."

Ive ALWAYS wondered why people could do this to others and not even have the thought of thinking what it would be like to go through it themselves!

But hey, when youve had such stories as one of the Kays saying you HAVE to break down the childs will and make them feel hopeless (anyone got that quote?) or that BS parent who said it was GOOD when her child had to hae his nose to a wall in a stress position and how vthe staffer talked to teh kid and they "laughed about it" they demonstrate their lack of thinking ability.  :roll:

Nobody writes curriculum for self-determined spiritual individuals and expects to sell it in the public school market.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/13e.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »
I was at scl in 2001 and 2002... a long time ago now.  in retrospect i am not quite sure how i feel.  personally i dont agree with many of the programs practices, but at the same time I miss the place.  I visit every so often, and I honestly have a soft spot for the place in my heart.  times have changed tho, and from what I see when i go back and visit, the place is looser, which in my opinion makes for less bonding and stuff.  i dunno, i guess im glad i went there.  i was actually happy.  but at the time i just wanted to get home.  to be honest, id go back as a student to 2001 in a heartbeat.
-Mike O'Brien

I am not denying that abuse goes on sometimes at SCL tho.  there is shit that happens, that shouldn't.  But for me, i enjoyed myself :smile:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
"looser" = "less bonding and stuff"? So, bonding only comes from suffering and torment? "Daddy says I love you with his belt" comes to mind.

And you miss a place that you dont deny being abusive?  :???:

You spoken to a therapist? Im sure youve heard of stockholm syndrome by now, but this just besmirks of being brainwashed.  

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2006-01-03 21:20 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »
i dont agree with many of the programs practices

I am not denying that abuse goes on sometimes at SCL tho.

You really don't think there is somehwere better for parents to send their kids who need 'help' or treatment or whatever? Sure some of us made some good friends while we were there...  I did too. But come on, would you actually suggest this place to other people? It's nothing but a scam... they wharehouse teens for money. That's it. Add some humiliation and fear tactics and you got 'behavior mod' I guess. Oh well- obviously I DONT support WWASP or SCL... but to each his own. GOod luck with your future.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »
i didnt read all of your message because it appears there was a miscommunication.  i didnt get beat, i know others who did.  there is nothing you can argue with me about as it is my statement about how i felt.  im not saying anything about the moral code followed at SCL.  all i am stating is i enjoyed myself and was happy.  as far as the bonding and stuff goes...to make it a little more clear: i think if people go through hard shit together, they become close.  this doesnt mean abuse per say, simply tougher rules.  I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.  But I'm glad i could clear up your misunderstanding -MO

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »
also, i am not condoning any practices of SCL, up until like 2 years ago i was very resentful of SCL.  now i look at it not in terms of my personal feelings towards scl or what goes on there, but simply my personal happiness which i had there.  im not suggesting anyone send there kid there.  im not saying that it "saved my life" im just saying, i had many adventures, trials, fun times, met interesting and close friends, etc..." if anyone wants to try an argue it serves no point, as i most likely agree with you on many things concerning wwasp.  to assume otherwise is a rediculous stance to take.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
i didnt read all of your message

Likewise!   :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
What happened with this persons "friend".  Did his parents pull him out, or is he still locked up at SCL?  Just wondering what, if anything, has been done for him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
He is still there.