Author Topic: Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?  (Read 13751 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that you were unable to get through to his parents.  Keep him in your prayers, and hope that he is able to leave when he turns 18.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
It appears he is doing as good as expected. He has not lost any points and is now the bunk leader or whatever they call it. He has almost 1000 points. They said he is very intelligent and has not been a problem at all. He is a respectful kid so I pray he will not have any problems.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
Sounds like he is doing what he needs to do.  How does the point system work, do you need so many in order to graduate, get special privileges?  Have you been able to communicate with him at all?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
i didnt read all of your message because it appears there was a miscommunication.  i didnt get beat, i know others who did.  there is nothing you can argue with me about as it is my statement about how i felt.

You're what the layperson would call "brainwashed" bub. Thats like saying you disagree with Al Quaida, but still liked having tea and crumpets with Bin Laden.

im not saying anything about the moral code followed at SCL.  all i am stating is i enjoyed myself and was happy.  as far as the bonding and stuff goes...to make it a little more clear: i think if people go through hard shit together, they become close.  this doesnt mean abuse per say, simply tougher rules.  I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.  But I'm glad i could clear up your misunderstanding -MO"

Thats a nonsense opinion! You dont have to traumatize or otherwise make people suffer and commiserate to bring together friendship or just regular bonding. There are ways to do it without undue suffering and the emotional (or physical) scarring that goes with it.

"First, do no harm". Theres no need to do it with this suffering unless you just buy into such a mentality. Does this mean parents should beat all of their children and let them try to console eachother to build togetherness?

Youre obviously a traumatized, influenced individual, or a troll. In the former case Id seriously suggest you get therapy and stop believing the shit put in your head by the seminars.

In the latter case, well, go hide under that bridge you came out from under.

In either case, I pray to god you're not a parent.[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2006-01-04 13:02 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 13:00:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"
i didnt read all of your message because it appears there was a miscommunication.  i didnt get beat, i know others who did.  there is nothing you can argue with me about as it is my statement about how i felt.

You're what the layperson would call "brainwashed" bub. Thats like saying you disagree with Al Quaida, but still liked having tea and crumpets with Bin Laden.

im not saying anything about the moral code followed at SCL.  all i am stating is i enjoyed myself and was happy.  as far as the bonding and stuff goes...to make it a little more clear: i think if people go through hard shit together, they become close.  this doesnt mean abuse per say, simply tougher rules.  I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.  But I'm glad i could clear up your misunderstanding -MO"

Thats a nonsense opinion! You dont have to traumatize or otherwise make people suffer and commiserate to bring together friendship or just regular bonding. There are ways to do it without undue suffering and the emotional (or physical) scarring that goes with it.

"First, do no harm". Theres no need to do it with this suffering unless you just buy into such a mentality. Does this mean parents should beat all of their children and let them try to console eachother to build togetherness?

Youre obviously a traumatized, influenced individual, or a troll. In the former case Id seriously suggest you get therapy and stop believing the shit put in your head by the seminars.

In the latter case, well, go hide under that bridge you came out from under.

In either case, I pray to god you're not a parent.[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2006-01-04 13:02 ]"

And just what qualifications do YOU have to tell this person that what they think is wrong and that they need therapy?  or that they are brainwashed?

He states that HE wasn't abuse, that HE enjoyed his experience.  HE felt that tough rules - not abuse - enforced a sense of bonding.

You weren't there.  You aren't him.  You didn't experience what he did.  Who the hell are you to make judgements about him and tell him he is brainwashed and needs therapy?

"What the layperson would call"  Ah, and just what would you consider yourself?  A trained expert?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
I agree, there is absolutely no reason to bash this poster, it's obvious he is being truthful about his experience.

Sometimes one must read between the lines, so to speak. Sure, you bond with your other students at SCL. I did too, everyone does, unless they are too young or socially an outcast. Surely the bonding is a sign of the trauma, comparing this to other situations; war is one of the most bonding experiences most would agree. It is also the most traumatic.

Yes, abuse occurs at SCL. As a parent, are you willing to gamble with your child's well-being? I sure wouldn't be.

On 2006-01-03 22:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i didnt read all of your message because it appears there was a miscommunication.  i didnt get beat, i know others who did.  there is nothing you can argue with me about as it is my statement about how i felt.  im not saying anything about the moral code followed at SCL.  all i am stating is i enjoyed myself and was happy.  as far as the bonding and stuff goes...to make it a little more clear: i think if people go through hard shit together, they become close.  this doesnt mean abuse per say, simply tougher rules.  I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.  But I'm glad i could clear up your misunderstanding -MO"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
On 2006-01-03 20:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was at scl in 2001 and 2002... a long time ago now.  in retrospect i am not quite sure how i feel.  personally i dont agree with many of the programs practices, but at the same time I miss the place.  I visit every so often, and I honestly have a soft spot for the place in my heart.  times have changed tho, and from what I see when i go back and visit, the place is looser, which in my opinion makes for less bonding and stuff.  i dunno, i guess im glad i went there.  i was actually happy.  but at the time i just wanted to get home.  to be honest, id go back as a student to 2001 in a heartbeat.

-Mike O'Brien

I am not denying that abuse goes on sometimes at SCL tho.  there is shit that happens, that shouldn't.  But for me, i enjoyed myself :smile:

"

Thanks it makes me feel better that if he is respectful to adult and follows what he is suppose to do chances are he will not be physical injured. by nature he is respectful to adults and should for the most part keep to himself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Thanks it makes me feel better that if he is respectful to adult and follows what he is suppose to do chances are he will not be physical injured. by nature he is respectful to adults and should for the most part keep to himself.

You really need to get a username. You post all this forum refering to someone as 'he' and the rest of us have no clue who you are talking about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
His name is Brandon. If you read back to page 2 or 3. A good friend of mine

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
And just what qualifications do YOU have to tell this person that what they think is wrong and that they need therapy? or that they are brainwashed?

He states that HE wasn't abuse, that HE enjoyed his experience. HE felt that tough rules - not abuse - enforced a sense of bonding.

You weren't there. You aren't him. You didn't experience what he did. Who the hell are you to make judgements about him and tell him he is brainwashed and needs therapy?

"What the layperson would call" Ah, and just what would you consider yourself? A trained expert?

For one, he never contested abuse happened.

For two, even a cursory examination of the psychological impacts of "program treatment" based on what PSYCHOLOGISTS WHO WENT THROUGH IT THEMSELVES SAID would explain my stance on this.

Furthermore, "non-abusive" suffering/bullshit/WHATEVER to create 'bonding' is nonsensical. What is and what is not pertinant, reasonable and salient harshness and unpleasantness, and what is too far?

Where the hell did the idea of forcing people to endure bullshit to make them bond with eachother come from anyway? Its nonsense. Who the hell thinks "well lets throw a bunch of strangers together, make them suffer, and then theyll bond and personally grow and stuff" besides him? Does he speak with these people now? Is he friends with them? Does leaning to commiserate with other people you suffered with (within the rules of the program, of course :roll: ) prepare him for how to bond with regular friends, a lover, family, and job relationships? How well would it fly for him to make up some contrived suffering and "things to overcome" and push psychological buttons on his friends to make them "bond" with him? Program bullshit doesnt relate very well to the REAL world we live in out here.

"bonding and stuff" PUHLEEZE. I dont have a whole lot of patience for such clearly weak individuals. It pisses me off, and guess what? You cant throw me in OP or take me down a level or try to single me out in some bullshit seminar over it either. Hell, you dont even have an identity of your own! Speaks volumes, dunnit?

Jesus christ... what sort of model of therapy is "kidnap strangers, put them together, keep them in captivity, and psychologically stress them until they break down and keep them under the influence of strict rules and regulations with severe punishments for not conforming to create attachment and need for affection, love and friendship from the program and the other teenagers there because they were cutout from the outside world, even their families"?

Sounds a LOT like a cult. But oh well, you or some other deaduvidiual with a bag on his head will try to change the topic now  :lol:

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2006-01-06 07:43 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »
On 2006-01-03 03:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"sounds like you belonged in that room"

I would love to see how you would've held up in that room and any feelings of resentment after walking in those shoes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 05:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"They are not here because only a handful exist. They are typically RECENT graduates who are still under the spell. Find me someone who's been out over 5 years who says SCL was a good choice."

Acutally I am here bc I wanted to know what kind of garbage is out there. I am not a recent grad, I graduated over 5 years ago and I would send my kids there if I felt it was nessary. And to whatever idot posted that there are only a handfull.. you a horibally mistaken. I staffed alot once I got home and I am still in contact with a lot of kids that went there and we all feel the same way. If you don;t know what you are talking about then keep your mouth shut!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
Put up or shut up. Tell us your story, what facility you went to, and why you considered it helpful if you want anyone to take you seriously. People who have negative take the time to do this, and you have nothing else to say but a few crude remarks. For all we know, you work for WWASP.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »
I staffed alot once I got home and I am still in contact with a lot of kids that went there and we all feel the same way. If you don;t know what you are talking about then keep your mouth shut!!!

I wonder why there is over 600 kids in various anti-WWASP myspace groups, a relatively recent phenomenon while any pro-WWASP groups have yet to be created. Same for this site, tbfight.com, and various others. No pro-WWASP alumni sites. I wonder why?

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
If you don;t know what you are talking about then keep your mouth shut!

Meaning anyone who disagrees with you, has no right to speak?

Oh, that's right. We need permission and can only say positive stuff. Right.[ This Message was edited by: AtomicAnt on 2006-01-28 15:53 ]