Author Topic: Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?  (Read 13580 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
To the friend:

You're doing the right thing getting all the information you can. You seem to have a pretty realistic take on what your friend's problems are, and how they might be addressed. Obviously your motivation has to do with genuine concern for him, rather than a need to be right about this.

Keep it up. Keep asking questions here and at other places. Keep lines of communication with his family open and honest. I have worked at three programs over the last eight years, and never saw any abuse at all. I've seen many kids do well, and some do just as poorly when they leave as when they got there.

The idea, I think, is to get them safe and get their attention so they can decide for themselves which direction to take,and the family can begin healing. Every program I know of is family intensive, and works with parents and siblings closely.

Are there some bad programs? I guess there may be, but I've seen only good ones---including Spring creek.

Troll? Maybe, but I can trust my own eyes and experience. If your friend's family is feeling uncertain, encourage them to call and to visit so they can trust their own eyes and experience. Of course, at that point, the good folks on this website will just call them brainwashed.

:roll:

The important thing is for the family and your friend to get what THEY think they need.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
Spring Creek IS an abusive facility as well as all other WWASP programs!! Don't fall for the misinformation campaign of an interested few. They will spin and spin and spin but the truth is out there. Go to myspace and research WWASP. There are over a thousands people who belong to anti-WWASP and anti-SCL and program groups. There is a reason. If you want your kid to be WORSE OFF send them to a program. You are sending them to a cult, an abusive cult. Why are there dozens and dozens of lawsuits filed by parents? Why are there websites like this that get thousands of posts per week? Why are there over a thousand people on myspace groups talking out against WWASP? Why specifically THIS program if it's so good. There is a reason. Use your common sense people, the truth is right in front of your face.

Offline SurpassingTheFlow

• View Profile
    • http://www.erowid.org
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
i was at SCL for 10 1/2 months, if you sent your kid there... may god have mercy on your selfish soul...

(SCL)  ::unhappy::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
It's hard for me to feel sorry for people that were in the hobbit at scl after being in isolation boxes in samoa. I was in both I guess that I would prefer the hobbit over what they did to us in Samoa. It's the lesser of two evils. Not saying either is good.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
What is the isolation box like?  Sorry if someone already talked about this.  I don't ever have a whole lot of time to read the entire thread.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
Liar liar

Spring Creek is NOT a good program. The academics for starters are a joke.The staff is uneducated and UNCREDENTIALED. Uneducated hicks.Parents pay a hell of alot of money for uneducated hicks.Abusive ones too.

If your goal is to warehouse a kid .Go to Spring Creek Lodge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
I used to be staff at SCL.  Ok, so I don't agree with the program or some of the things that I saw happen, but not everyone that works there is an "uneducated hick".  I, like several others that worked there, do have a college education or are attending school.  

Some of us were actually there for the kids and not the paycheck...trust me when I say it wasn't for the paycheck.  The amount of work we were expected to do for the amount of pay just didn't balance out.  I really liked my job...well I liked working with the kids.  They were fantastic!  Yeah they had problems, but then what teenager doesn't??  I loved my girls and tried my best to be a great Family Mom to them...even when I was getting verbal abuse up the ass!  There are some great staff out there, but SCL never appreciates them.  If you think the kids get treated like shit, try being a staff that doesn't go gung ho on the program 100%
or asks too many questions about policy.

Please don't generalize all the staff.  I do have all my teeth....I don't have a shotgun rack in the back of my rig...And I'm not married to my cousin Bubba. :razz:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
On 2005-12-27 14:13:00, The Liger wrote:

"What is the isolation box like?  Sorry if someone already talked about this.  I don't ever have a whole lot of time to read the entire thread.
"

I want to know too! Was it like a coffin, or was it a small room. Seriously, I don't know because when I was in Isolation Room at CCM back in 1990 it was a small room with a bare floor on the first floor of the manor. This was in the very early stages of WWASP. It was funny, one time I was thrown in there, and the walls were made out of laminate partical board. I ripped down the inside wall, then kicked out the other one, and climbed out between the 2 x 4's. I remember the person on the other side being scared shitless of what I might do to them. I didn't hurt them though, I was laughing my ass off!!!!! But, I think times have changed!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
Well at the infamous Le tiarra facility in Samoa there were four cells in a row. They had dutch doors (doors that split in the middle so you can have the top open and the bottom closed) They usually left the entire door closed unless the kid was on suicide watch. The dimensions were around 3 feet wide by four feet deep. There was a 12x12in. window high up with rebar bars running through it and a layer of rabbitwire covering the outside.  There was a small benchledge on the back wall but usually one was'nt allowed to sit on it because they oftentimes made you lay face down on the floor or if they somewhat liked you, you could sit indian style on the floor.There seemed to be a constant nauseating aroma of body odor. The floor smelled of urine and feces as persons detained were often denied bathroom privaledges if they had offended certain staff members. There were dried bits of feces upon occasion. Ants, cockroaches,spiders and crickets often made their way under the door as well as an occasional small gecko but mostly ants; they were the worst. They would strip you down to your underwear and make you lay facedown until they decided that you could leave.
 They had plenty of restraints (handcuffs, shackles and duct tape) which they did'nt hesitate to use if they could find any excuse to do so. If you talked they would take great pleasure in silencing you. The cells were out of sight from the rest of the facility and staff members  were free to beat kids mercilessly if they wanted to settle a score and they often did. They would even heap more consequences upon you if you did anything other than lay there in silence,, for example category 4 rule infractions were sometimes given for being out of control "verballly" This usually ended up tacking on more time. All for simply speaking. That alone could be reason enough for them to apply restraints and duct tape your mouth closed. I personally was roughed up by staff on several occasions and often heard others screaming as they were beaten. They would give you drinks of water twice a day and then a bowl of rice for dinner if you were behaving.

One boy who had a severe mental disorder, I'm no professional but I would guess schitzophrenia had  a severe breakdown and was locked in one of the cells for 3 plus months talking to people who were'nt there which often brought the wrath of staff members down on him. He went in there a very  big and strong boy and then came out at the end of his ordeal a frail shell and skeleton of what he had been. He was finally sent back to the U.S. after several months of living in a box. I guess they finally realized that the kid was really sick but not before they collected several months more tuition. Well that's the basic description of what it was like.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
I'm speechless. I read things like that, and I want to cry. Thank you for taking the time to inform us.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
No crying necessary. I just wish that I could meet a couple of those staff in a dark alley someday.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »
sounds like you belonged in that room

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »
On 2005-12-28 11:26:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"

On 2005-12-27 14:13:00, The Liger wrote:

"What is the isolation box like?  Sorry if someone already talked about this.  I don't ever have a whole lot of time to read the entire thread.

"

I want to know too! Was it like a coffin, or was it a small room. Seriously, I don't know because when I was in Isolation Room at CCM back in 1990 it was a small room with a bare floor on the first floor of the manor. This was in the very early stages of WWASP. It was funny, one time I was thrown in there, and the walls were made out of laminate partical board. I ripped down the inside wall, then kicked out the other one, and climbed out between the 2 x 4's. I remember the person on the other side being scared shitless of what I might do to them. I didn't hurt them though, I was laughing my ass off!!!!! But, I think times have changed!"

sounds like you belonged in that room. or one that was padded.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »
On 2006-01-03 03:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"sounds like you belonged in that room"

move on troll.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
sounds like you belonged in that room. or one that was padded.

remember troll you already tried baiting with this one-liner? sorry... wont work, maybe you should get a life instead... good luck with that.  :wave: