Author Topic: Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?  (Read 13494 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone grateful for the time at Spring Creek Lodge?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

that is... unless you break your home contract and need to be re-enrolled. ]

What is the home contract?  What if you are 18 when you get out, is there still some sort of rules to follow?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 10:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-19 10:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am staying away from there web site. I guess what I am looking at is how many kids go through this school in a year to how many I have read about. I am searching if I wasnt then I wouldn't be here. I seem to read about the same kids over and over agian. "

Good luck. There is no start or end time to the program, and everyone is scattered across the country. WWASP doesn't allow you to take any contact information of your friends with. Basically they just throw you back out into the world, and want nothing to do with you again... that is... unless you break your home contract and need to be re-enrolled.

A lot of people come here looking for statistics like you, it doesn't exist, and there is no real way of figuring it out for yourself. Only WWASP and it's employees could do this, for some reason they choose not to. Wonder why??

I guess the question is... how many torture stories do I want you to hear before you are convinced this isn't a good place for a kid to be? A dozen, a hundred, five hundred? Go to myspace groups, that's where the most are."

My understanding is he turns 18 and will be leaving on his own in June. I wish you people would understand I didn't put him there nor can I get him out. I am just trying to learn all I can so I can be there for him when he gets out. Instead of being mad/mean please try to help. What do you think you needed or didn't get from friends or loved ones when you got out?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
I am not the one who put him there I can't get him out. But I would like to know as much as I can to be here for him when he returns in June.

Will he have "graduated" the program in June, or will he be leaving at 18?  The length of time in the program makes a big difference, too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 10:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

I am not the one who put him there I can't get him out. But I would like to know as much as I can to be here for him when he returns in June.

Will he have "graduated" the program in June, or will he be leaving at 18?  The length of time in the program makes a big difference, too."

I am assuming he will be leaving at 18. He has only been there a few weeks. So I don't know what it takes to graduate from there. He has told his parents that he will be there for the ride but will leave when he is 18.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
It didn't work on me.

Then where did you come up with this?

It would appear the school is helping more then not.

It is not up to the people who were wronged to prove anything to anybody. We spend our time here telling people because we want to prevent more abuse, I have no other motive.
I just showed you over 1,000 people who belong to groups specifically anti-program, and anti-wwasp. Show me a group of people anywhere near that size of pro-program graduates/alumni or parents. None exist. Zero.

I'd say it appears the school is not helping anybody, other than the people making millions of dollars per year off it.

See this is what I mean you sound like an angry person who may have went through a program and maybe you were more rebellious then most and couldn't brake from that.

I sound mean? You obviously haven't encountered a program person yet. Not sure what the rest of that sentence means, and honestly I don't care. It's up to you to do the right thing, not I - you are being presented with information, it's your choice what to do with that information.

I am just looking for answers. I am not the one who put him there I can't get him out. But I would like to know as much as I can to be here for him when he returns in June. It is hard to know who to believe. like you say people that work there post stuff here to make the school sound good how am I to know that the same kids aren't reposting as different people so the numbers look bigger.

You should take everything posted on this board with a grain of salt, we could all the same person. Again, go to myspace and talk to the hundreds of kids there who have profiles and pictures, and maybe that will alleviate your doubts. Maybe not, again, that's up to you.

How do you know for sure he is coming home in June? Does he turn 18 in June? If you want more detailed information, you can't be so vague with your posts. Are you his parent, sibling, friend or what?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

My understanding is he turns 18 and will be leaving on his own in June. I wish you people would understand I didn't put him there nor can I get him out. I am just trying to learn all I can so I can be there for him when he gets out. Instead of being mad/mean please try to help. What do you think you needed or didn't get from friends or loved ones when you got out? "

Well, maybe you should try talking to the people who did put him there and help them to understand how important it is to get him out.  Maybe you could help them to understand by showing them some of the sites posted previously.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
If you want to know what it's like to be sent when you are 17.5 and looking forward to turning 18, read this BLOG:

http://springcreeklodgeexperience.blogspot.com/

It's a great first-person detailed account of SCL life, and what happens once you turn 18.

It's not as simple as just leaving at 18, although it might seem like that now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
What do you think you needed or didn't get from friends or loved ones when you got out? "

Understanding, love, and forgiveness. Instead, I came home to a family I didn't know, who had been taken in by a program. I left within a week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 10:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
It didn't work on me.

Then where did you come up with this?

It would appear the school is helping more then not.

It is not up to the people who were wronged to prove anything to anybody. We spend our time here telling people because we want to prevent more abuse, I have no other motive.

I just showed you over 1,000 people who belong to groups specifically anti-program, and anti-wwasp. Show me a group of people anywhere near that size of pro-program graduates/alumni or parents. None exist. Zero.

I'd say it appears the school is not helping anybody, other than the people making millions of dollars per year off it.

See this is what I mean you sound like an angry person who may have went through a program and maybe you were more rebellious then most and couldn't brake from that.

I sound mean? You obviously haven't encountered a program person yet. Not sure what the rest of that sentence means, and honestly I don't care. It's up to you to do the right thing, not I - you are being presented with information, it's your choice what to do with that information.

I am just looking for answers. I am not the one who put him there I can't get him out. But I would like to know as much as I can to be here for him when he returns in June. It is hard to know who to believe. like you say people that work there post stuff here to make the school sound good how am I to know that the same kids aren't reposting as different people so the numbers look bigger.

You should take everything posted on this board with a grain of salt, we could all the same person. Again, go to myspace and talk to the hundreds of kids there who have profiles and pictures, and maybe that will alleviate your doubts. Maybe not, again, that's up to you.

How do you know for sure he is coming home in June? Does he turn 18 in June? If you want more detailed information, you can't be so vague with your posts. Are you his parent, sibling, friend or what?

"

I am a good friend!!! I feel like I am being attacked I barly had time to read anything you have givin me. He will be turning 18 in june.
Sorry I am having a hard time typing my feelings this is all new to me. I just want to be a good friend and be here for him when he gets out.
I can't get him out!! but yet i feel i am still being attached

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
I don't mean to sound that way, I apoogize if I do. I am rarely cordial because program trolls come here and pretend to be nice. I have nothing against you, and don't mean to sound mean.

Read the springcreekexperienceblog and you'll understand more. YES YOU CAN HELP! After he turns 18, if he has to take his exit plan, he will definitely need help.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

I am a good friend!!! I feel like I am being attacked I barly had time to read anything you have givin me. He will be turning 18 in june.

Sorry I am having a hard time typing my feelings this is all new to me. I just want to be a good friend and be here for him when he gets out.

I can't get him out!! but yet i feel i am still being attached"
[/quote]

It sounds like we are talking of the same person.  He has alot of good friends who would like to do anything they could for him.  If we are speaking of the same person, hopefully when/if he gets out in June, he will know we will all be there for him and help him in whatever way necessary.  At this time, all we can do is hope for the best.  Trust me, I am not attacking you.  I think you must be a very good friend.  Maybe you could talk to his family, perhaps they would listen to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »
I don't know why my post turned colors? Oh well, I hope you can read it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
Has to do with the quote tags not being quite right.  :grin:

I know you can read it if you highlight it...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 11:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Has to do with the quote tags not being quite right.  :grin:

I know you can read it if you highlight it... "

Oh, thanks!