Author Topic: Straight is it, the freest place we\'ve ever found  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight is it, the freest place we\'ve ever found
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
two people that were not on the list that i saw were jim? who was run over on the highway, and a jim k who dies after robbing a liquor store and fell on the bottles....have not hought about that in a long time
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
On 2005-12-08 11:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What exactly went on in those intake rooms when a misbehaver or returned cop-out got taken in there to get yelled at? get "spit therapy"? more? Did you ever lie to children about being court-ordered? What was the training for restraining people? What were you, as staff, told to do, what was your job when people were getting restrained? What did you think of some of the more let's say strange things that went on, like putting someone in diapers or in a playpen or making them climb up and down a ladder? Have you ever been deprogrammed or gone to counseling or whatever, just gone through thinking about things, to deal with Straight? Have you looked into the brainwashing/thought reform thing? Did you have clues back then? Did you go to things like fundraisers & raffles? Please tell us more, you have a unique perspective. Did you feel intimidated by higher ranking staff? What rank were you? Did you interact with executive staff and if so what was that like? Were you intimidated to treat children in a way that you did not really agree with? Did you quit? If so, why? Call me curious, thanks in advance for any answers you would like to give."

We await your answers, former staff person.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
On 2005-12-09 06:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

On 2005-12-08 11:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What exactly went on in those intake rooms when a misbehaver or returned cop-out got taken in there to get yelled at? get "spit therapy"? more? Did you ever lie to children about being court-ordered? What was the training for restraining people? What were you, as staff, told to do, what was your job when people were getting restrained? What did you think of some of the more let's say strange things that went on, like putting someone in diapers or in a playpen or making them climb up and down a ladder? Have you ever been deprogrammed or gone to counseling or whatever, just gone through thinking about things, to deal with Straight? Have you looked into the brainwashing/thought reform thing? Did you have clues back then? Did you go to things like fundraisers & raffles? Please tell us more, you have a unique perspective. Did you feel intimidated by higher ranking staff? What rank were you? Did you interact with executive staff and if so what was that like? Were you intimidated to treat children in a way that you did not really agree with? Did you quit? If so, why? Call me curious, thanks in advance for any answers you would like to give."

We await your answers, former staff person."

Yes, please give your perspective on these questions. I am also very interested in hearing responses to these questions.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
To former staff member-

I know you came here to spark discussion because you found the forum "interesting", and I would personally like for you to stick around; however I think you need to decide whether you are ready to accept that there are going to be questions, there will be tension and some hostility....if for no other reason than most people here just dont ever, ever want to feel as if they have some cruel abuser looking down upon them and belittling them.  NOT that you are doing that at this time, but you must understand that most here are going to assume the worst from the get-go.  Especially when you advertise yourself as former staff.

The things that happened to us were very real, and in many cases very debilitating.  This is a SURVIVORS forum, not a Meet up with old Alumni and BS about the good old days, forum. Not that we dont do that too, but people here need to be comfortable with who you are and what you intend before they do so, thats just the nature of this particular forum.....I know that you feel as if you have been benign in your posts, and to the rest of the world it would seem so, but you must see that when it comes to abused people, if they dont know who you are its very easy to assume that you very well could have been their tormentor. There are alot of people here who went through some horrific things, as you have read thus far....and if you would like to reconnect with the past, well I am here to tell you that this is what that reconnection is all about....because in reality the bad severly outweighed the good when it came to the program.

I DO think it could be great for Withdraw if you could be more forthcoming with who you are and what you know, certainly privately if you wish.

I was curious if you were ever a client yourself, it doesnt sound like it.  Were you?
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
On 2005-12-09 06:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"two people that were not on the list that i saw were jim? who was run over on the highway..."

Jim Brown.

Fuck Tim Kelleher.  That guy was the biggest cocksucker around.

Withdraw, I stand with you.

RTP too.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Thanks Carmel for your words.  I have a personal history with this former staff(if he is who i think he is)  I have mixed emotions toward him.  I want him to stick around for the purposes of our discussion but i also harbor hostillity.  Thanx for bein' the go between that i can't be.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
carmel, i really appreciated what you said. any attempts at making fun of what we went through ( of course i went through the program and my own horrifics) is the way that i deal with any emotions. i was not a tormentor of anybody and the timk incident happened in the guys infirmary and involved a a 26 yr old withdrawl, and i reported it to "higher staff".  i have been through various different types of counseling over the years to deal with what i went through, but not recently, ande when i saw all of the raw emotions on this site, and all of the questions i was zapped immediatly back to the time period and all i can say is wow. i would never consider people's emotions or histories a joke and i apologize if you took it that way. sarcastically personal about everyhting( prob bc of 5515). i will stay away from this site if you think i should. tim k was not the only cocksucker. there were many. i do not believe i was one, but maybe i am still brainwashed and need to read more on the subject. all of you can tell me to go away and i will. hopefully , since you were there too you can understand my immediate fascination with this upon googling myself.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
Its not up to us to tell you to go away....I think its great for you to be here.  I guess I just see whats coming based on what you've posted, and I want to help you undertstand why, thats all.  I hope you find some measure of undertanding and healing here too, after all thats what its here for, right?

Your described "fascination" has been experienced by most all of us upon finding these fora and the straight sites.  Although there have been marked differences in how we all describe it, its a feeling that is very well understood.

Welcome to the Forum, LOVE YA ANON!  Sorry....ONLY joking.
 :silly:
[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-12-09 08:25 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
I am sorry but when you said "love ya anon" i fell out of my seat laughing out loud and attempted(for the bazillionth time) to explain to my wife why i was laughing. maybe i can get some sort of solidarity out of this site. starry pirate, would love to hear from you but understand if you do not want to make any contact. i certainly know who you are based on what you said. i was in the same program as you. i amke the joke all the time that is why was laughing so hard. I just helped my mom out of the hospital after a hip replacement, and when we standing at the door of her house i just looked at her and she said exactly what i was thinking and we both laughed. she said  "COMMMMMIN   HOME".

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
I think you should stay. And I agree with what Carmel said.

I also completely understand the hostility being directed toward you cause I would probably react the same way if a former staff that was, say involved in my kidnapping, showed up. Most staff I dont harbor any particular hostility towards cause I view them as being victims of brainwashing who became perpetrators of abuse. And quite possibly, not all former staff realized that being on staff itself was active participation in the abuse of hundred of kids. But that's just my take and others may disagree with me. But if a former staff person gave me hell, then my objectivity goes right out the window. So from that perspective, I completely understand Pirate's and Withdraw's reaction to you.

On the other hand, I understand your curiousity and desire to reconnect. I do think you should take the time to read more about Straight. There is plenty of information written by cult experts, coercive thought reform/mind control/brainwashing experts, and there is also plenty of documentation/personal testimony about the numerous abuses inflicted upon Straight clients.

I really am interested in hearing your answers to the previously posed questions. So again, I hope you stay.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
God dude, I don't want you to go away.  Please stick around so we can get down to some understanding.  I know that you were brainwashed by straight.  There were things I wanted to say to you way back when but I had no voice at the time.  Fuck.  You have every right to be on this board.  You have survived Str8 too.  You were my oldcomer until i escaped from your house that very dark night.  

It's like I want to be angry at you because in a way you represent that faceless institution to me. Aww... FUCK!

Do you remember how you confronted me when they brought me back into group ??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
Pirate, would love to swap stories. of course i remember that confrontation. i did not know what to say, only what i was suppossed to say. the neighbor whose door you knocked on all bloody has never forgotten it. if you would like to talk on the phone or pm each other i would do that. have thought about you from time to time. i was serious about the ping pong and beer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »
oh and pirate, how is your little brother C?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
i have to get off the computer for a few hours but am absolutely mesmerized by these discussions taking place 20 years later. from steve martin and the jerk..."all i can say is wow"

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
Fuck, dude, I'm torn between anger and compassion for you.

C. is doin' great.  Married to a beautiful and nice and smart woman who makes a ton of dough and C. brings it in too.  They have twin 2 year ol' boys.  Are you in contact with my ol' girlfriend Connie Sol%m%n, by any chance ??  I would really love to talk to her.