Author Topic: RMA 85-87  (Read 11638 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »
I'm not sure why that person said they were there for 34 months, because they said they were there from 85-87, and that's only 24 months.

If it is indeed maggie, I'm fairly certain she was only there for two and a half years, like the rest of us. (30 months.) I don't recall her ever mentioning that she was dropped a peer group. And if she did, there was only a two month window to make it 34 months if this person was indeed there from 85-87.

What makes you think it's maggie? There were lots of people who were there from 85-87.

I'm not saying it's NOT her, I just want to know why you think it IS her.

And I dunno, I guess I just feel that if the person isn't being an outright dickhole and bashing everyone, like Ottawa does when she's incognito, they deserve the right to remain anonymous. If this poster was being a total ass, sure, call them out and name names. But this person was just posting how they felt about the school.

I guess I'm just an old wuss that way. Or maybe it's  because I value my anonymity as well.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-15 19:59 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »
The beginning of '85 to the end of '87 is actually 36 months. I don't believe he was at the school for 34 months, but I knew more than a couple people that spent upwards of 30 months bouncing between BCA, Ascent, and NIBH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »
she actually said from the summer of 85 to the spring of 88 and seems to have that 34 month number stuck in her head...it's funny that she also claims to have been there 34 months on woodbury's site in one of the threads. it is the thread titled "son still struggling" Maggies post is the second one...I'd cut and paste but the mood over there seems to be almost litigious when it comes to cutting or pasting from their site.  They seem pretty intent on chasing down people that have had "less than exceptional" experiences at these programs when something is posted that may put these schools in a bad light or expose the working relationships that some of the Ed Cons...such as Lon had with schools that he is referring people to. Go ahead and read all of Maggies posts...for some reason the wilderness program that she sent her son to didn't work and now he's off at a TBS as they refer to it there. Had she posted a little more open mindedly there...I would not have called her out here.

When I look at the separate schools websites and start reading the "credentials" (such as where they might have taught in the past) many seem to cover their tracks and it is pretty much impossible for a new parent perusing these sites to know what the web is...unless they knew the people personally.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
I knew that girl at BCA who went to Ascent twice and NIBH a bunch of times. She went to RMA too for a few months. She had started her first day at Ascent 15 months before I got to BCA, I was there for 22 months, and she left 3 months after me. 40 months is a damn long time to be in North Idaho.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
Interesting....

I posted concerning being there for 34 months and I am surprised by the guess of who I am. I did know Maggie. She was not in my peer group nor have I spoken to her since leaving Idaho. I also went to the struggling teens site and read some of her posts. Don't know what to think or how to comment on those. Not my place.

I have never discounted anyone's experience on this site. I just wrote about my own. I have never said that the programs were not abusive, I just pointed out that I chose to remember different things. That's all. I just wanted to point out that among the shit... there was also some good times. That was my only point. It was not intended to start bashing someone else.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
unfortunately, the miserable fuckers around here will never accept that some good things happened there. too bad for them, having a closed mind must be one of the worst ways to go through life. oh well, their problem, not ours.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »
On 2006-01-15 19:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"maggie maggie maggie...I am surprised that you take such a one sided view towards RMA.  I'm not surprised as I understand you have a child in one of these schools.  I am curious...will the next child go there...what about the 3rd and 4th child that you have? How many children will you send there before you realize that the problem might not lie with the child but with the parent?

You comment on Lon's website that the people on Fornits are very abusive.  I feel that the most abuse comes from people attacking those that say that there were certain aspects of the program that are NOT GOOD FOR CHILDREN.

I find it interesting that the people that seem to have done well after RMA come to these boards in order to tell people that are having difficulties with what they went through to get over it.  Why on earth would somebody who's life was so wonderously affected by the program even feel the need to look for it on the web...and why would they need to discount the fact that other peoples experiences were not similar to yours?

Try telling people about "boogies" experience at RMA...should he have been there?  Should the school have done something else with him other than "warehousing" him. I mean really...isn't 4 years in a program long enough to realize that yelling at him in raps, allowing him to be abused by other students without any consequence and putting him on work details all the time wasn't what he needed?

If the school really cared about the students then here is a perfect example of where they went wrong."

THIS IS MAGGIE... AND YES, I READ THESE POSTS. BUT I DO NOT POST. I STUMBLED ACROSS THIS SITE A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT TIME WITH MY STEP-SON. HE WAS SENT TO A WILDERNESS PROGRAM -- WHICH WAS A BAD CHOICE AND HE WAS ONLY THERE FOR ABOUT A WEEK. A DECISION I DO NOT NEED TO DEFEND TO ANYONE ON THIS SITE. AND, CONTRARY TO THE POST THAT CLAIMS TO KNOW ME... HE IS STANDING IN MY KITCHEN AS I TYPE...  NOT IN A PROGRAM!!!!

ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME AND MY STORY BACK THEN AND EVEN NOW WOULD NOT THINK THAT I WROTE THE POST ABOUT THE "PUKE ON ME" AIR BAND!!!! IT MUST BE SOMEONE FROM MY PEER GROUP, THOUGH, BECAUSE I REMEMBER WHO MADE UP THAT BAND AND ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE IS DEAD. ANYWAY... I WAS AT RMA FOR A LONG TIME. AND THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW ME, KNOW WHY. SOME OF US DID NOT COME FROM LOVING, SUPPORTIVE FAMILIES. SOME OF US DID NOT HAVE A PLACE TO GO  AFTER GRADUATING. I WAS 16 WHEN I GRADUATED IN DECEMBER OF 1987!!! I WAS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST STUDENTS THAT THEY TOOK BACK IN THOSE DAYS. I WAS  NOT ALLOWED HOME EVEN AFTER I GRADUATED! SO, I  STAYED... AND THEN A FEW MONTHS LATER WAS ASKED TO LEAVE WITH NO NOTICE. I  WAS TOLD I HAD AN HOUR TO LEAVE, LITERALLY WALK DOWN THE ROAD... BECAUSE I WAS NOT FOLLOWING AGREEMENTS!TALK ABOUT BEING FUCKED UP... I HAD GRADUATED!!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE. A VERY BAD CHAPTER IN MY LIFE.

THOSE THAT KNOW ME WOULD ALSO KNOW THAT I AM NOT A PRO-RMA PERSON. I AM A PRO-RELATIONSHIP PERSON AND VALUE SOME OF THE RELATIONSHIPS THAT I MADE BACK THEN. ALTHOUGH I  NEVER EXPERIENCED OR WITNESSED ANY PHYSICAL ABUSE, I DID SHARE IN THE EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL ABUSE. YOU KNOW WHAT??? IT SUCKED!!!! IT WAS REALLY SHITTY!!! IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE? I AGREE THAT THERE WERE SOME GOOD TIMES, TOO. I DID MAKE SOME GOOD FRIENDS THERE. I DID LAUGH. I HAD SOME  REALLY FUN TIMES. I HAVE ALSO WITNESSED SOME REALLY GOOD FRIENDS GET SCREWED UP AS A RESULT. I CAN NOT FIND ONE PERSON NOW... SHE MEANS THE WORLD TO ME... BUT, FRANKLY, I THINK SHE WAS FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF WHAT SHE EXPERIENCED AT RMA!!! I KNOW OF SOME OTHER FRIENDS THAT I HAD BEEN CLOSE TO THAT ARE NOT DOING WELL AS ADULTS NOW. IT HURTS ME.

WERE ALL KIDS MEANT TO GO TO RMA? NO!!!! "BOOGIE"  DID NOT BELONG THERE! IT WAS SAD... SOME  OF MY FRIENDS DID NOT BELONG THERE. FOR ME... I AM GLAD THAT I EXPERIENCED WHAT I DID. SOMEONE SAID IN A POST I READ, IT WAS WHAT IT WAS (or something like that). SOME OF US DON'T KNOW ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY... IT CERTAINLY WAS A BETTER PLACE THAN THE HOUSE I GREW UP IN... THE PLACE I DID SUFFER PHYSICAL ABUSE... IT WAS BETTER THAN THE LOCK-UP I WAS IN FOR 6 MONTHS! IT WAS BETTER THAN THE JUNVENILE HALL I WAS IN!!! AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT OTHER OPTIONS I HAD. CERTAINLY, NO ONE ELSE WAS STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE.

BUT MOST ON THIS SITE ONLY SEE ONE SIDE. HOW SAD FOR YOU. I SEE BOTH. HAVE WITNESSED AND EXPERIENCED BOTH AS A STUDENT AND AS A PARENT! AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO SAY OTHERWISE. I HAVE NO REASON TO HIDE BEHIND SOME STUPID SCREEN NAME OR "ANONYMOUS".  

MAGGIE

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
Sorry to discount who you are, but why the caps? Maggie never struck me as the type of person who would "shout".

Anyway, if it is maggie. Hi, I knew you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
On 2006-01-17 17:25:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

"Sorry to discount who you are, but why the caps? Maggie never struck me as the type of person who would "shout".

"

HONESTLY... EASIER TO TYPE WITH A SMALL CHILD CLIMBING IN AND OUT OF MY LAP. NOT MEANT TO BE A SHOUT. SORRY... AND CASTLE... HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. WERE WE CLOSE IN "AGE"? PEER GROUPS? IF YOU KNEW ME... YOU WOULD KNOW MY STORY. AND IF YOU KNEW ME, AND WERE "YOUNGER" IN THE PROGRAM, WOULD KNOW THAT MY LEAVING WAS A TRAGIC EXAMPLE OF HOW RMA DID NOT WORK.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »
On 2006-01-17 17:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-17 17:25:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

"Sorry to discount who you are, but why the caps? Maggie never struck me as the type of person who would "shout".

"

HONESTLY... EASIER TO TYPE WITH A SMALL CHILD CLIMBING IN AND OUT OF MY LAP. NOT MEANT TO BE A SHOUT. SORRY... AND CASTLE... HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. WERE WE CLOSE IN "AGE"? PEER GROUPS? IF YOU KNEW ME... YOU WOULD KNOW MY STORY. AND IF YOU KNEW ME, AND WERE "YOUNGER" IN THE PROGRAM, WOULD KNOW THAT MY LEAVING WAS A TRAGIC EXAMPLE OF HOW RMA DID NOT WORK.   "

I was younger.

What do you mean re: your leaving?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »
Castle: how I was asked to leave. Given an hour to leave. I had a dorm under the house. Left all of my stuff. Literally walked down the road... no ride...nothing. That's all. I was a post-grad with two others. Do you remember?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
I could have sworn you graduated.

I remember the dorm. You were in there with Jen West.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »
I did graduate. I then stayed on.. had no where to go. Sad, really. Then, got up one morning, and was asked to leave. Told to be gone within an hour. Jen West was several peer groups below me...  younger student. She was great. I  had a dorm by myself... because I had graduated... she and others would come into my dorm. I would let them listen to music.. all that was banned... would allow them so smoke, etc. Maybe that had something to do with me being asked to leave... haha.

Did we ever talk, Castle?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
I don't remember you staying on after you graduated. (I don't remember anyone doing that.) I also don't remember anyone having a solo dorm under the house. Who were the other post-grads with you?

Yeah, we talked on occaision. We weren't close friends or anything, though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA 85-87
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Lisa and Mike