Author Topic: insiders view on abuse.....  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
insiders view on abuse.....
« on: October 08, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
My sister lives in Nephi and her next door neighbor use to work at Whitmore Academy.  The neighbor quit because of the "weird and unusual" forms of abuse.

for example:  one boy was required to wear PINK pajamas to bed.  Why?  Because "he whined like a little girl" second, Whitmore owns property in a small town near Nephi called Levan.  They keep their horses there.  However, outside the corral the property is NOT fenced.  For punishment the offender would have to take the horse with a lead rope out of the corral into the taller grass and stand with the horse all day to prevent it from running away.  The kids were not allowed to sit down or to rest.  Just stand there holding the rope.

I think this woman is sick and twisted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
The child wearing the "pink" pajamas was being punished by wearing "the clothes."
This is a Cheryl Sudweeks noted punishment: when a kid is being punished she will make the boy wear PINK clothing that is inappropriate for a boy, often for as long a two weeks. Cheryl has even been heard in a public place--like a mall--calling attention to the BOY wearing "the clothes" yelling to strangers things to the effect: "Hey, how do you like his clothes? Doesn't he look cute in that little outfit?" Things to this effect to totally humiliate the male teenager.
There are "the clothes" that a girl will have to wear too for punishment.
This form of public humiliation is common punishment by Cheryl Sudweeks.

The "horse incident" you describe is a form of abuse to both the "student" and the animal. This does not surprise me at all.  The Sudweeks have no more compassion for animals than they do for children.

The Sudweeks abuse of helpless animals is evident in the abuse, animal cruelty case in Canada where Mark Sudweeks was fined about $150,000 and was banned from owning animal for life.  Regina VS Sudweeks.

Perhaps your sister and neighbor could share their information with the County Attorney Jared Eldridge, or the investigator Detective Justin Kimball at the Nephi Police Department.
Thank you for posting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
i went to the whitmore and i just have to verify that its all true. When Justin got in trouble he had to wear these small pink pajamas with a white and pink flower sweater. We all went to the movies that night and Cheryl got pissed because justin was embarrased wearing it. Another time sky,dan, and matt all had to wear girls clothing for their punishment and eat plain rice for 3 weeks. Dans head was shaved in spots and left long in others for humiliation purposes to. Cheryl also used to make a lot of sick and uncalled for comments. one time i didnt agree with her on a certain subject and she went off on me about how i was pathetic and made her sick. all because i didnt have her point of view!!! Another time she flipped out on me and i ended up with a bloody nose. She always used to say practice what you preach but she should really take her own advice. In my opinion she needs help more than any of the kids their did. The worst humiliation i thought was when a journal entry was found written by a girl who had just gotten to the program called lorie. She wrote some personal stuff in her journal and trust me it was personal. Cheryl had another kid read it out loud to the rest of the group while lorie had to sit in the middle of everyone and not move. Cheryl is a very bi-polar person. she would make a better dictator than a counselor. during my year there i saw a lot of weird and messed up stuff. I dont know if you could call it illegal but it definetly was not right or ethical. I dont know why people still stand up for the sudweeks but everybody had a different experience so i guess they have a right to. I used to just so i wouldnt get yelled at by them. But frankly i dont agree with most of what they do and cheryl needs to find some help instead of trying to "help" others.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
I'd like to see every one of you kids write up a personal statement for Susan Scheff and request she make it available on her site.

Maybe titled it, "a student's true statement".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
On 2005-10-09 18:34:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"I'd like to see every one of you kids write up a personal statement for Susan Scheff and request she make it available on her site.

Maybe titled it, "a student's true statement".

"

:nworthy:

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
I would like to urge you to call Jared Eldridge, the County Attorney, at 435-623-3460.  Tell him about the things you experienced and observed.  Let Mr. Eldridge determine what is abusive.  Mr. Eldridge is very understanding and will not ask you to do anything or talk about anything you don't want to do or talk about.  You would be helping a lot of kids who were abused at Whitmore, and save a lot of kids that might otherwise be sent there.  
On 2005-10-09 07:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The child wearing the "pink" pajamas was being punished by wearing "the clothes."

This is a Cheryl Sudweeks noted punishment: when a kid is being punished she will make the boy wear PINK clothing that is inappropriate for a boy, often for as long a two weeks. Cheryl has even been heard in a public place--like a mall--calling attention to the BOY wearing "the clothes" yelling to strangers things to the effect: "Hey, how do you like his clothes? Doesn't he look cute in that little outfit?" Things to this effect to totally humiliate the male teenager.

There are "the clothes" that a girl will have to wear too for punishment.

This form of public humiliation is common punishment by Cheryl Sudweeks.

The "horse incident" you describe is a form of abuse to both the "student" and the animal. This does not surprise me at all.  The Sudweeks have no more compassion for animals than they do for children.

The Sudweeks abuse of helpless animals is evident in the abuse, animal cruelty case in Canada where Mark Sudweeks was fined about $150,000 and was banned from owning animal for life.  Regina VS Sudweeks.

Perhaps your sister and neighbor could share their information with the County Attorney Jared Eldridge, or the investigator Detective Justin Kimball at the Nephi Police Department.

Thank you for posting.

"

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
I would like to urge you to call Jared Eldridge, the County Attorney, at 435-623-3460.  Tell him about the things you experienced and observed.  Let Mr. Eldridge determine what is abusive.  Mr. Eldridge is very understanding and will not ask you to do anything or talk about anything you don't want to do or talk about.  You would be helping a lot of kids who were abused at Whitmore, and save a lot of kids that might otherwise be sent there.  

On 2005-10-09 17:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i went to the whitmore and i just have to verify that its all true. When Justin got in trouble he had to wear these small pink pajamas with a white and pink flower sweater. We all went to the movies that night and Cheryl got pissed because justin was embarrased wearing it. Another time sky,dan, and matt all had to wear girls clothing for their punishment and eat plain rice for 3 weeks. Dans head was shaved in spots and left long in others for humiliation purposes to. Cheryl also used to make a lot of sick and uncalled for comments. one time i didnt agree with her on a certain subject and she went off on me about how i was pathetic and made her sick. all because i didnt have her point of view!!! Another time she flipped out on me and i ended up with a bloody nose. She always used to say practice what you preach but she should really take her own advice. In my opinion she needs help more than any of the kids their did. The worst humiliation i thought was when a journal entry was found written by a girl who had just gotten to the program called lorie. She wrote some personal stuff in her journal and trust me it was personal. Cheryl had another kid read it out loud to the rest of the group while lorie had to sit in the middle of everyone and not move. Cheryl is a very bi-polar person. she would make a better dictator than a counselor. during my year there i saw a lot of weird and messed up stuff. I dont know if you could call it illegal but it definetly was not right or ethical. I dont know why people still stand up for the sudweeks but everybody had a different experience so i guess they have a right to. I used to just so i wouldnt get yelled at by them. But frankly i dont agree with most of what they do and cheryl needs to find some help instead of trying to "help" others."

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »
Please see what you can do to get this lady to call Mr. Eldridge, the County Attorney, at 435-623-3460.  What she knows and saw would be very important in the criminal case against Cheryl.  No child, for any reason, should be in the care of Cheryl Sudweeks.  She is a very dangerous woman.
On 2005-10-08 11:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My sister lives in Nephi and her next door neighbor use to work at Whitmore Academy.  The neighbor quit because of the "weird and unusual" forms of abuse.

for example:  one boy was required to wear PINK pajamas to bed.  Why?  Because "he whined like a little girl" second, Whitmore owns property in a small town near Nephi called Levan.  They keep their horses there.  However, outside the corral the property is NOT fenced.  For punishment the offender would have to take the horse with a lead rope out of the corral into the taller grass and stand with the horse all day to prevent it from running away.  The kids were not allowed to sit down or to rest.  Just stand there holding the rope.

I think this woman is sick and twisted.  "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
No supporters of the Sudweeks posting here any more.  Seems all of those postings must have been coming from the same place. They all stopped when Cheryl was told to stop posting. Coincidence?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
Personally, I don't think a parent can be too careful when it comes to out-of-home placements and don't understand why there are any kids still in this program.

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »
That's funny buzzkill.

She doesnt have the guts to post the truth.

No money in that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 03:04:00 AM »
Sue Scheff at PURE to post kids' statements where they tell the TRUTH about abuse at Whitmore by her friends the Sudweeks? You must be kidding! Sue Scheff has supported the Sudweeks since the first child reported the abuse. Every parent and child who has complained about the abuse at Whitmore has been called "liars" and WORSE by Sue Scheff. Joyce Harris gave her statement to ISAC and voiced her complaints about Sue Scheff's referral to Whitmore, and immediately received the "shut up or else letter" from Sheff's attorney. It's posted on ISAC if anyone cares to read it. Scheff continued to refer children to Whitmore after the Sudweeks were under investigation for child abuse.

Is Sue Scheff interested in the TRUTH, and helping any of the children who were abused at Whitmore Academy? Ask her! Don't be surprised if you hear a "WWASP-like reply....that all those kids at Whitmore are lying, manipulative, little druggie kids who are liars, just like their parents!"
Surprise: These same kids were " sweet, loving, little darlings that just needed help" when Sue Scheff referred them all to Whitmore and was making money off these "wonderful, caring parents!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
It seems people have learned the truth about caring Sue Scheff.  She still has a following though.  Too  bad .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »
Even Charles Manson has a "following."