Author Topic: Anchor Academy for Boys in Havre, Montana.  (Read 53001 times)

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Anchor Academy for Boys in Havre, Montana.
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
On 2006-01-17 19:23:00, corecrash wrote:

"We just got off the phone with our son about 5 minutes ago. We told him about this forum and asked him, do you know that you can come home anytime you want without any form of consequence? He said he did know and he wanted to stay and graduate. I am sure you will say that call was monitored and he was forced to say something, but I know it is not monitored because we have had conversations about him coming home before. We had conversations when he was on a staff cell phone with no possibility of monitoring.

Tonight, He was proud because he passed his algebra test. Our son has struggled with Algebra since he was first introduced to it. None of the educated professionals would lift a hand to help him, except one extraordinary teacher. He cried and pleaded not to have to take it but he finally overcame and was successful. He is excited that he is going to graduate from high school and expressed that he thought he would never make it before Anchor. Wow, the abuse and evil is so pervasive there.

I also asked him what Red Shirting was. It does not exist there any longer. He did tell me that from what he was told it was for kids that continuously break major rules like stealing and threatening.

In addition, it is interesting to know that our son informed us tonight that Eric M. is now in prison. Of course, I can hear the masses say that Anchor is bad and put Eric M. in prison because of the abuse; but it shows that Anchor is not for everyone and not everyone that the "Educated Professionals" help take advantage of the situation and come out on top.

Our son indicated that the majority of kids completely over exaggerate and we all know that is true, our son over exaggerated way before Anchor and now admits it and has come forward with what actually happened.

Nevertheless, I bet I just wasted 10 minutes of my time because you will find some illogical unproven reason why it is not a valid example. He is a Stepford kid, he has been brainwashed. Well all I can say is that I'm proud of him and I'm proud that he takes pride in his accomplishments of getting a car, yes at Anchor he is buying a car and received his drivers license about a year ago. Is that abusive?

I am proud that he finally, after many years, has beaten algebra! I can hear the sense of accomplishment in his voice! He has more to go, but I know he can do it.

And that?s all I have to say about that.

[ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-17 19:24 ][ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-17 19:25 ]"

Judging from your post, you seem really excited by his final triumph over algebra.  Seems like a sorry reason to kid away though.

I don't get to hang out and watch each and every post (as some have accused me, but that's another story).  Most of my original post to you was gallows humor.  Humor.. you know "Ha ha"?  I doubt even those with sexual hangups actually bring bunny slippers into the act.

Anyway, fine - so Anchor only "Redshirts" repeat offenders.  Why do these kids continously break major rules?  Why would the kids worthy of "Redshirting" continue to put up a fight?

Let me tell ya something - a lot of kids fight because of injustice.  They act out at home because of something the parents have done, or are just not getting.  But what can the kid do? Nothing.  What can the parents do?  Lock 'em up.  If these kids get locked up for crying out because of parental abuse, negligence, or just flat out IGNORING them, then the KID gets locked up, what does that tell a kid about justice?

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
--Ambrose Bierce

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
Corecrash,

THIS is the stuff I'm talking about:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#67140

It's an old post, but relevant.  All a parent has to do is sign their kid up, invent what they want, and whoosh - you get scooped up.

I'm sure if you look hard enough (I'm a little too busy to post the gory details tonight) - in a nutshell - my mother had me thrown into a a "Therapeutic Community" because she was pissed of that I testified against her for child abuse, then smashed her booze after I found 3 liter jugs of Carlo Rossi after I was returned to her custody a year and a half later.  

Hey, I was being pro-active.  She was quite a mean drunk in those days.  :smile:

It's obnoxious to ask law enforcement to follow the law. That's insulting to every cop.

--John Lovell, lobbyist for the California police chief's association

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »
On 2006-01-18 15:49:00, corecrash wrote:

"

Yeah, yeah...so's my husband.  With three Emmys to his name.  Big deal.

Definitions of emmy on the Web:

an annual award by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for outstanding achievements in television

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

3 Emmys is a fantastic accomplishment. I'm sure the folks that remember that they aren't musicians find it a very big deal.

I sure hope your assertions about Dennis are more accurate than that.

[ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-18 15:51 ][ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-18 15:51 ]"

Uh huh.  That's right.  He's been a musician since he was about 10, made a fair living at it for quite some time and has now been awarded three Emmys for Outstanding Achievement in Live Event Audio/Sound.

Did you have a point?  Since I'm treading into "your territory" now I'd like to know what it is you're trying to say.

Ya know, I've been pretty respectful of you.  You've baited and given your predictions on how people will respond to you all the while being a really self-righteous, condescending, sanctimonious ass.  As you seem to be so fond of saying, its not a very productive way to try and get your point across.

I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »
Helena,

Regarding the link to your post:

I'll never debate with you on that. A parent that drinks them self into a stupor, beats their kids, and then ships them off because they fought back is not what I'm defending and Truly, that is not the argument I brought to the table.

It is possible; however, that good parents have their kids fall in with kids that are a bad influence. YOu can't really control that. It's also possible that most of us were never given a manual on how to raise kids. Even if you do not smoke, drink, do drugs, and beat your kids, you are bound to make mistakes that a teenager could use to justify the thought that their parent is a complete idiot and do whatever they want. No one has figured out why the worst of them do what they do.

My agrument is for the parents who find themself on the edge of falling into a web of dysfunctional justice and penal systems. The parents that tried to do everything they could. My argument is also around whether Dennis McElwrath and his current staff are guilty of the crimes you accuse them of. It's clear the person you responded to had a complete different experience in a different place; However, I can't use that to measure Anchor.

I watched an episode of Forensic Files not too long ago. The story was about a girl who was close with her mother, seemed to live a nice life. She was the class president and had straight A's. One day she decided to become a crack addict and prostitue her self out. She eventually was murdered. That is tragic and I'm sure that mother to this day cannot figure out what the heck happened. That is a rare situation she was not in and out of state ran and court ordered programs but man it is sad.

On 2006-01-18 16:12:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

"Corecrash,

THIS is the stuff I'm talking about:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#67140

It's an old post, but relevant.  All a parent has to do is sign their kid up, invent what they want, and whoosh - you get scooped up.

I'm sure if you look hard enough (I'm a little too busy to post the gory details tonight) - in a nutshell - my mother had me thrown into a a "Therapeutic Community" because she was pissed of that I testified against her for child abuse, then smashed her booze after I found 3 liter jugs of Carlo Rossi after I was returned to her custody a year and a half later.  

Hey, I was being pro-active.  She was quite a mean drunk in those days.  :smile:

It's obnoxious to ask law enforcement to follow the law. That's insulting to every cop.

--John Lovell, lobbyist for the California police chief's association

"
[ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-18 16:40 ]

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
I didn't claim to be a world renown musician. I was a back alley, long hair, metal wanna be. None the less a musician. You read my statment as arogant but it wasn't, I'm not that good. But, to the point I was making is that I'm capable of listening, looking, and thinking about the music industry.

You say I'm self righteous, sanctimonious, and condescending but have you read your posts? Have you read the posts of all the others? (with the exception of Helena). I also will add it again, I never needed to call anyone a name or spout of profanity to amke my point. You did. [ This Message was edited by: corecrash on 2006-01-18 17:02 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
I watched an episode of Forensic Files not too long ago. The story was about a girl who was close with her mother, seemed to live a nice life. She was the class president and had straight A's. One day she decided to become a crack addict and prostitue her self out. She eventually was murdered. That is tragic and I'm sure that mother to this day cannot figure out what the heck happened. That is a rare situation she was not in and out of state ran and court ordered programs but man it is sad.

You sure you don't work as a program telemarketer?

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
You don't find that sad? And you all call me psycho?

On 2006-01-18 16:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

You sure you don't work as a program telemarketer? "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
::bangin::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
I find it SAD that you think it is OK to send your son off to strangers at Anchor, rather than keep him at home and seek help for him.  I find it SAD that you accept "redshirting" as an acceptable way of punishing children. I find it SAD that you are willing to wait until Brother Dennis or someone else working at Anchor severely injures a child before you "snap" and say to yourself, "hey, if this Brother Dennis guy has always worked in abusive facilities, maybe this isn't a good place to have my own kid." I think it is SAD that you are so full of yourself that you have no real concerns about this boy. No one really cares about your wanna-be-musical-career. People do care about your son. Too bad you don't!

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

Judging from your post, you seem really excited by his final triumph over algebra.  Seems like a sorry reason to kid away though.

I know you haven't read all the post but I didn't put my son in Anchor because of his musical tastes or his struggles with algebra. It's in the previous posts

Anyway, fine - so Anchor only "Redshirts" repeat offenders.  Why do these kids continously break major rules?  Why would the kids worthy of "Redshirting" continue to put up a fight?

According to my son Anchor does not Red Shirt any longer. My son also said that, even in Anchor, people make it out to be much more than it is. He explained that you have to get up an hour early, you do not get dessert, and you do not get second helpings of food but you do get your full meal. I dunno..that sounds pretty evil. (That sarcasm does not indicate that I would in anyway minmize what you went through. Yours and WWFSMD's situation sounds unjust and unneed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS TROLL! HE DOES NOT HAVE A KID IN ANCHOR ACADEMY. ALL THIS PERSON WANTS IS ATTENTION -- DONT GIVE IT TO THEM.  ::troll::  THEY DESERVE YOUR PITY NOT YOUR TIME THEY DISTRACT FROM THE MORE IMPORTANT THREADS ON THIS FORUM.

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
Do you find it sad that my Son is happier than he ever has been? Do you find it sad that he has a much better self-esteem? Do you find it said that he was PAID for work at anchor and can now purchase a car and have pride in his accomplishment?

I do find it sad that you conviently skip over all of that information to make it seem that I made it about me. I didn't make it about me, you did. There are many more posts lifting my son up with pride than stupid posts about music. You find that sad? If so, then you are the abuser. You are the one that would knock him down from off his horse that he worked VERY HARD to get on.

I find it interesting that you say you are concerned for MY SON, but you call him a Stepford child? You say he's crazy because he bought in to it?

NOTE: HERE COME SARCASM..NOT SERIOUSNESS: If Roloff were alive, I'd spend my savings putting him in his school rather than put him in your care!

For the record, my son decided on his own to remove him self from my home. He kept running away. Why? Because I'm a drunk? A crack head? An abuser? I've never hit ones of my kids, ever. It's because he was expected to get C's, smoke outside, not do drugs, and respect his mother and his teachers. Sounds pretty abusvie doesn't it. (SARCASM).  

On 2006-01-18 17:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I find it SAD that you think it is OK to send your son off to strangers at Anchor, rather than keep him at home and seek help for him.  I find it SAD that you accept "redshirting" as an acceptable way of punishing children. I find it SAD that you are willing to wait until Brother Dennis or someone else working at Anchor severely injures a child before you "snap" and say to yourself, "hey, if this Brother Dennis guy has always worked in abusive facilities, maybe this isn't a good place to have my own kid." I think it is SAD that you are so full of yourself that you have no real concerns about this boy. No one really cares about your wanna-be-musical-career. People do care about your son. Too bad you don't!"

Offline corecrash

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
LOL yea, I don't have a son in anchor. You busted me out. (SARCASM) I love spending my time here letting other parents know that you feel it's a waste of time for me to praise my son. Something all the professionals say we should do and something all of your parents seemed to have failed to do. Are you jealous?

On 2006-01-18 17:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS TROLL! HE DOES NOT HAVE A KID IN ANCHOR ACADEMY. ALL THIS PERSON WANTS IS ATTENTION -- DONT GIVE IT TO THEM.  ::troll::  THEY DESERVE YOUR PITY NOT YOUR TIME THEY DISTRACT FROM THE MORE IMPORTANT THREADS ON THIS FORUM. "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
jelous of the most pathetic parent on these boards in a while... hmm... maybe you should talk to karenindallas.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »
On 2006-01-18 17:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS TROLL! HE DOES NOT HAVE A KID IN ANCHOR ACADEMY. ALL THIS PERSON WANTS IS ATTENTION -- DONT GIVE IT TO THEM.  ::troll::  THEY DESERVE YOUR PITY NOT YOUR TIME THEY DISTRACT FROM THE MORE IMPORTANT THREADS ON THIS FORUM. "

yea i thought the same thing judging by his spelling this is a teen playing parent.