Author Topic: LSD A Beautiful Thing  (Read 9112 times)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »
Before being locked away I was terrified to drop acid. After hearing so many people share about using it before they entered the program I was no longer fearful and quite curious.

I dropped my first hit about 7 months after leaving straight. My best friend never really did drugs until she met me. She decided that she too wanted to partake in the experience of dropping. So we called up this guy we knew and bought 2 hits for $5 each.

We decided that we wanted to just stay in her room and be with one another because neither of us knew what to expect. We both put the square of paper on our tongues and leaned back in her bed just waiting.

Soon we began to have these wonderful thoughts and just started talking nonstop for hours. We kept saying "I wonder if it's working" meanwhile discussing how beautiful the colors were in her room. As we lay there talking and looking up at the stars through her skylight we started laughing hysterically because we realized the acid indeed worked.

I had finally found the perfect drug that helped me to feel happy,intelligent, free and balanced emotionally. No getting stupid from being drunk, no slurred words, and best of all I was not sleepy after using it. This indeed was one of my greastest experiences with her and I have no regrets about ever using it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
On 2005-09-18 18:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary"

Ever read "Confessions of a Hope Fiend"?  :tup:
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
On 2005-09-18 20:46:00, webcrawler wrote:

Ever read "Confessions of a Hope Fiend"?  :tup: "

No, but the two reviews are interesting:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

Looking at his prolific writing makes me wish I
had time to read them all ...

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
On 2005-09-18 17:14:00, webcrawler wrote:

"Before being locked away I was terrified to drop acid. After hearing so many people share about using it before they entered the program I was no longer fearful and quite curious.

I dropped my first hit about 7 months after leaving straight. My best friend never really did drugs until she met me. She decided that she too wanted to partake in the experience of dropping. So we called up this guy we knew and bought 2 hits for $5 each.

We decided that we wanted to just stay in her room and be with one another because neither of us knew what to expect. We both put the square of paper on our tongues and leaned back in her bed just waiting.

Soon we began to have these wonderful thoughts and just started talking nonstop for hours. We kept saying "I wonder if it's working" meanwhile discussing how beautiful the colors were in her room. As we lay there talking and looking up at the stars through her skylight we started laughing hysterically because we realized the acid indeed worked.

I had finally found the perfect drug that helped me to feel happy,intelligent, free and balanced emotionally. No getting stupid from being drunk, no slurred words, and best of all I was not sleepy after using it. This indeed was one of my greastest experiences with her and I have no regrets about ever using it."

i had nothing but good experiences with acid.....

especially after straight......

:wink:
EOW  

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-09-22 22:53 ]

dragonfly

LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-09-22 22:53 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
LSD can be a very beautiful experience.  A really good guidebook to help you get the most out of an acid, mashroom, peyote, etc. trip is Dr. Timothy Leary's adaptation of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, The Psychedelic Experience.  A truly wonderful and inspiring work, interesting on many levels, an excellent roadmap for exploring non-ordinary realities and states of consciousness.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
If LSD is used, and I dont recomend it is by any means. I really dont like/do drugs, it must be used carefully. A friend of mine has long term brain damage from it. I would hate to see that happen to one of you guys.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 17:03:00, OverLordd wrote:

A friend of mine has long term brain damage from it.

This I do not believe.  Although I agree with your statement that LSD, if used, should be used carefully, I do not know of any cases of 'brain damage' arising from the use of LSD.  He may have had a pre-existing psychological condition that may have disqualified him from using LSD, but I have serious doubts as to the validity of your statement that "LSD caused brain damage".

Psychedelics are very powerful drugs, and in my opinion, should not be used frivolously, but with respect, and informed consideration.  Certain people should not use them, and no one should use them in inappropriate settings.  Although your friend's case is saddening, I do not think it is accurate or helpful to make a statement such as you did. You are contributing to misinformation about drugs, a subject where there is a lot of intentional misinformation thrown around.  I don't think you meant this deliberately, I think you weere just pointing out to people the need for caution, but get your facts right.  Otherwise, it seems like the 'scare stories' that they threw at us in grade school, or Straight, etc., and those things did more harm than good.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 17:03:00, OverLordd wrote:

"If LSD is used, and I dont recomend it is by any means. I really dont like/do drugs, it must be used carefully. A friend of mine has long term brain damage from it. I would hate to see that happen to one of you guys."

I would like you to elaborate on the brain damage thing. Did a doctor tell him this? It seems like it depends on a person's chemical makeup on whether or not LSD is a good thing or bad thing.

Personally, I have been happy on it and surrounded myself with people that I knew loved and cared about me while I took it. There's only one time I had what could be considered a bad trip and that's when I was coming down and could not sleep for several days and had been arguing with my b/f.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't buy the 'brain damage' allegation, either.  His friend may have had some latent form of psychosis, that the LSD potentiated, but that can't be blamed on the acid.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
He is now mentally retarted, he was not before hand. Its simple as that, he may of OD'ed or something, but something is wrong with his mind now. Retardation may not be the correct word, but its the best desriptor I can come up with.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
Look I'm sorry to hear about your friend Overlord, but I don't think it's from lsd. He may have had some problems that were going to happen anyways regardless of what he did. Genetics.

I came over here on this thread to glorify my past drug use. I'm not dead, insane, or in jail from dropping lsd at 19. When I want to cry about my past drug use I'll be sure to go on the survivor's thread. The whole reason why this forum was started was to talk about great sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

Still love ya.  ::kiss::