Author Topic: LSD A Beautiful Thing  (Read 9069 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »
On 2005-09-22 15:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"LSD can be a very beautiful experience.  A really good guidebook to help you get the most out of an acid, mashroom, peyote, etc. trip is Dr. Timothy Leary's adaptation of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, The Psychedelic Experience.  A truly wonderful and inspiring work, interesting on many levels, an excellent roadmap for exploring non-ordinary realities and states of consciousness."

oh jesus christ, who the fuck needs a book? god damn you people are slow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »
"god damn you people are slow"

Hey, the topic is LSD not crystal :em:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
On 2005-09-23 22:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"LSD can be a very beautiful experience.  A really good guidebook to help you get the most out of an acid, mashroom, peyote, etc. trip is Dr. Timothy Leary's adaptation of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, The Psychedelic Experience.  A truly wonderful and inspiring work, interesting on many levels, an excellent roadmap for exploring non-ordinary realities and states of consciousness."

oh jesus christ, who the fuck needs a book? god damn you people are slow."

No one needs a book to trip, however, it is an excellent guidebook to help a neophyte deal with what can be a confusing experience.  The visions, the bardos, reentry, all that shit.  No, I didn't use it my first hundred times out, but the first time I did use The Psychedelic Experience as a model for the trip, I got REALLY REALLY high, I mean, "enlightened".  I haven't reallly come down since, except when I talk to you.  That can be a real bring-down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
On 2005-09-24 07:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

No one needs a book to trip, however, it is an excellent guidebook to help a neophyte deal with what can be a confusing experience.  The visions, the bardos, reentry, all that shit.  No, I didn't use it my first hundred times out, but the first time I did use The Psychedelic Experience as a model for the trip, I got REALLY REALLY high, I mean, "enlightened".  I haven't reallly come down since, except when I talk to you.  That can be a real bring-down."

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  ::kiss::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

"

"

No one needs a book to trip, however, it is an excellent guidebook to help a neophyte deal with what can be a confusing experience.  The visions, the bardos, reentry, all that shit.  No, I didn't use it my first hundred times out, but the first time I did use The Psychedelic Experience as a model for the trip, I got REALLY REALLY high, I mean, "enlightened".  I haven't reallly come down since, except when I talk to you.  That can be a real bring-down."

That is because you are stupid, and i point it out. I will gladly keep pointing out how stupid you are.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
On 2005-09-24 17:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

That is because you are stupid, and i point it out. I will gladly keep pointing out how stupid you are. "

Bitch.  How are the cats?

dragonfly

LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »
It's been a while but I'd like to do it at least one more time before I die.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »
On 2006-03-02 22:13:00, Froderik wrote:

"It's been a while but I'd like to do it at least one more time before I die."

I second this!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »
I donno ,i like peyote and mushrooms

as with cid your first trip is your best

Another book by leary had a qoute that said "when you get the message hang up the phone" .I think it was the JoYous Cosmology.

If you make very potent brownies (and don't burn the butter) you can understand why it is cosidered to be hallucenigenic .

and having eaten some very potent brownies one day with a friend ,we started to play trival peruit before they kicked in ....bout an hour and a half later or so our short term memory was severly impaired because after one of us thru the dice it was impossible to remember who had thrown the dice and therefore whose turn it was anyway...

Literally wiped out the short term .  Gladly this was not a permanant thing but nevertheless it was quite funny.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
I've done a lot of drugs since getting out of ASR.  I never really did any before I went in, so you can imagine how curious I was after living with a bunch of kids who had tried everything under the sun.  Slowly but surely I made my way through the wide variety of drugs available, trying everything once or twice, but never really favoring one drug over another.  This all changed when I started to experiment with psychedelics.  Thanks to my experiences with various hallucinogens I've been able to broaden my horizons, reawaken my love of nature, philosophy, and science, learn to appreciate art and music that I never would have given a chance, and most importantly, I was able to look at the world with a sense of childlike wonder that I never even had as a child.

I've seen a lot of people have bad experiences with hallucinogens, but my own experiences have all been positive.  I believe that a lot of this has to do with the way individuals approach a drug.  First and foremost, anything that has the potential to reshape your world view needs to approached with caution.  Experimenting with hallucinogens is a little like playing with fire.  If you use fire under controlled settings with a purpose in mind, it can be a miraculous tool.  But if you're too young or too naive to appreciate its potential for harm, it can kill you.

Most of the people I know whose experiences with LSD were on the negative end of the spectrum were those that experimented with it at a young age, without any supervision or guidance, and the drug overwhelmed them.  Most of the people whose experiences were more like mine were those who waited until they were older (my first trip was at  19), and started out slow with an experienced friend to babysit them.

By no means am I trying to claim that I'm an expert on the subject, but in my own experience, LSD and other psychedelics have enormous potential when handled with caution and respect.
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
I started dropping acid when I was 15, and look at me..I turned out ok! Be back in a lil bit- I need to go get ridda the snakes that keep coming up out of my toilet!  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
You should try using drano, the snakes hate the smell.
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.