Author Topic: Are you really out of straight yet?  (Read 8870 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Are you really out of straight yet?
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »
I'm new to this whole Orwellian way of connecting and keep wanting to ask everyone," what do you get out of this?"

I think straight has this way of seeding itself.  I was still in straight even after years of knowing I had been brainwashed and supposedly had graduated.  Just knowing I was brainwashed did not free me of the brainwashing. It didn't free me of the addiction I developed to straight. It didn't free me of the comfort I found in the absolutist Straight mentality

So is this forum the new straight?

Is this our new way of sharing in group?

Sometimes I read these angry posts and it's like folks are real comfy as the victim. I was messed up. They did this to me so I am this way now. The comfort of being totally sure about your stance is real attractive. Like the stance we adopted in straight," drugs are evil". And now it seems the new way we continue to brainwash ourselves is to build up a new "stance" and say "Straight is evil". Thats just another totalitarian view, a view that seems to give us permission to settle into being helpless angry victims.

Of course straight is evil, but in lots of ways we are still perpetuating the Straight mentality. Abuse is addictive too. Absolute viewpoints are comfortable but require that whole upkeep, the maintinance of brainwashing ourselves to keep reality looking that one certain way.

Having said all of that, I am now glad I went through that.

OK time for review, motivate, get called on, Blast Me!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
Very, very Straight to disparage anyone being a "victim". Yay for you, still in Straight!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »
You are not in Straight. This is not Straight. This is people typing shits on a message board. You are a big fat know-it-all. Fuck off and die.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
I thought the first post was very insightful. The caller seemed to recognize that they are still mentally in Straight, as they think people on a message board are being too judgemental with their constant petty little Straight grievances. Remember getting restrained? Remember losing your identity? Remember the last time you saw your parents, before they took off, probably after they signed the bill to pay to have locked in a private prison? Complain, complain, complain. Like MOST people in America haven't had such a similar experience. Like I couldn't go down to the neighborhood coffee shop and find ten people, at least five, who were also put in brainwash institutions and get some understanding. You people act like this is it, like Straight was SO ORIGINAL. Most people, at one time or another, have been physically forced to be obedient down to the direction in which their eyes are looking, for months at a time.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »
On 2005-08-19 06:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Most people, at one time or another, have been physically forced to be obedient down to the direction in which their eyes are looking, for months at a time."

i understand that practically everyone is brainwashed to some degree or another.  If your not it's called enlightenment and you are considered by many to be a spiritual master.  But i am curious as to where else besides str8 or some spin-off program, people are held against their will, cut off from all communication with the outside world and "physically forced to be obedient down to the direction in which their eyes are looking, for months at a time"  The military ??  i see that, still i think that is different because you have to be 18 and you have rights by which to protect yourself and it is voluntary, and the military doesn't dominate all your time the way str8 did.  At least not once your through basic training, maybe at West Point or someplace a cadets' time is dominated in a simillar way to a phasers' at str8 but then again that is voluntary and the cadet is older than a phaser, and has had more life experience.  

i mean a good part of the reason i come to this board is because i can't seem to find anyone at the corner coffee shop, or most anywhere for that matter, who can relate to my experience in str8.  Do you live in the neighborhood of one of the old cults or somethin ??  Please help me to understand what you are sayin'.  

Peace.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
I live in a very "Middle America" town. I am dead serious when I say people at the coffee shop know and understand. There are my friends. Everybody there loves me and wants to know my name and my perspective on things like the smell of White Rain shampoo and whether or not it was okay to have the small of your back touching the blue chair.  Maybe you haven't reached out for any friendships. What I did to meet these friends is something any one of you could do. I got a little spiral notebook, the kind that flips over at the top, about two inches by three inches. When I got the feeling that somebody could relate to me, I jotted down a little "I want to be friends with you" note. I gave the note to a neutral-looking third party. I used to have a lot of fears that people were spies and would just read the notes and not give them to the right person, even though I really wanted to make friends with people so I could talk about my past. I finally got over my fear, not by trying, but by doing.

Sometimes I come into the coffee shop and I just sit down and cry. That is always a mistake, because people are just falling all over themsleves, literally, to come and be the one to "relate" to me, tell me about a similar experience from their past and how they were working their you-know-whats to just be a real, normal, well-adjusted person. Everyone gathers around, and unlike in Straight, people often clap their hands after someone is done relating to me.

One time I got so frustrated I overturned the coffee table! But some people, the ones who really loved me, took it upon themselves to hold me down on the floor, even though their coffee was getting cold.

Maybe you don't believe "normal" people could or would do that. Sometimes all you gotta do is figure out how they act and act just like it. Don't get any weird expressions on your face in public, in other words.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
Hmmm... i am intrigued.  i have had friends for over 10 years that i have told about what it was like to be in str8.  i have searched high and low for people who could understand and yet have not found a one except for those who had actually been there.  i am inspired by your story.  You have given me hope.  Part of me though is still doubtful and wonders if you are kidding, even though you said that you were "dead serious"

People held you down on the floor of a coffee shop ??(i'm not sure that i would appreciate that)  People  often clap after someone has finished relating to you ??  Forgive my mistrust, your post is surreal to me.  Please let me know if you are fuckin' with my head.  i mean no disrespect.  i just don't quite know how to take your words.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
Original Poster, that is the whole point. If people are still confused, if they have the pain still locked up, if they have beliefs about themselves and the world around them that are actually incorrect because they got them from Straight, they want to come here and talk about it with people because they are, in a sense, not out of Straight. Or Straight isn't out of them. I myself have had the experience of having memories come back because of things other people said on this message board, and these memories were very informative, they kind of unwound a certain amount of energy that was tied to something that had happened that was so scary I did not remember it before. It's like we are trying to recreate history to understand it. And like the sign on your history teacher's wall: "Those who forget history are destined to repeat it". Well, another thread is talking about the concept of "acculturation". The thing is, we were not only "acculturated", we were terrified into being part of this Straight culture. I think that might be why it is so hard for people to unlearn, it kind of got frozen in on the level of a survival instinct.

Of course, everyone is different in the ways they reacted to Straight, and in the effects that Straight had on them.

dragonfly

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Yes, be wary of definitions.

dragonfly

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

Offline The Graduate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
On 2005-08-19 09:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I live in a very "Middle America" town. I am dead serious when I say people at the coffee shop know and understand. There are my friends. Everybody there loves me and wants to know my name and my perspective on things like the smell of White Rain shampoo and whether or not it was okay to have the small of your back touching the blue chair.  Maybe you haven't reached out for any friendships. What I did to meet these friends is something any one of you could do. I got a little spiral notebook, the kind that flips over at the top, about two inches by three inches. When I got the feeling that somebody could relate to me, I jotted down a little "I want to be friends with you" note. I gave the note to a neutral-looking third party. I used to have a lot of fears that people were spies and would just read the notes and not give them to the right person, even though I really wanted to make friends with people so I could talk about my past. I finally got over my fear, not by trying, but by doing.

Sometimes I come into the coffee shop and I just sit down and cry. That is always a mistake, because people are just falling all over themsleves, literally, to come and be the one to "relate" to me, tell me about a similar experience from their past and how they were working their you-know-whats to just be a real, normal, well-adjusted person. Everyone gathers around, and unlike in Straight, people often clap their hands after someone is done relating to me.

One time I got so frustrated I overturned the coffee table! But some people, the ones who really loved me, took it upon themselves to hold me down on the floor, even though their coffee was getting cold.

Maybe you don't believe "normal" people could or would do that. Sometimes all you gotta do is figure out how they act and act just like it. Don't get any weird expressions on your face in public, in other words. "

This has got to be a joke. I mean replace coffee shop with the word Straight and it makes more sense. The indirect contact with someone (newcomer vs oldcomer), people falling all over themselves to relate, or the holding of the others down on the floor.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
That's what i thought.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
I cant imagine for a second the coffee shop relating experince. If it happened ok, I'm not calling you a liar or anything, it just seems so damned unrealistic.

Every time I try to explain to people what Straight was like for me, I either get doubt/skepticism, as in, the person either just doesnt get it or is completely unwilling to accept that a place like straight could even exist.

Or, if the person is sympathetic, they still dont "get it" either. Nor have the sympathetic types once shared a similar experience with me.

In almost 20 years, I have never stumbled across one person who beleived me, was willing to listen, and was able to understanding (relate). That is why, for me anyway, this board is so helpful to me. I finally dont have to explain, explain, explain just to get someone to really "get" what Straight was really like.

I dont think posting here always means you're "still in straight", or stuck in victim mentality. Some may be, I don't know. I personally think posting myself and reading other posts gives me insight that I need and have never found anywhere else.

::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »
The anonymous postor who was referring to the coffee shop is a liar or is joking in all words. Here's why:

He/she was referring to a hopeful incident throughout all of the posts relating to an eventual coffee shop.  

We are expected to believe that the 'coffee shop' that doesn't exist is actually a relative institution. That person is stating that they were restrained, without the aid of professional help, in a coffee shop and that people there were putting aside their cold coffee to relate to one another. Therefore, it is clear postor states that people in general act/react genuinely the way they would act in institutions of behavior modification, or the other way around and all is quite normal.

This is postors way of a non-ellaborate ruse by themself who is either sincerely joking or has not thought out what they are trying to say.

I agree with Gin and Starry-Eyed, if someone restrained me if I was frustrated I would sue the shit out of them, like I really want four or five people touching me when I am angry and in a public setting. If I overturned a coffee table out of frustration most people would back the fuck up and call the cops, unless you have a macho type in the mix and they want to tell you to chill or I leave out of confusion or other, or the business owner tells me to get the fuck out of their money making property where things like coffee tables mean more money. Even then; no restraining which is nothing like getting a beat down for what you just did by destroying property.

'Normal' people, already and honestly stated, don't go into coffee shops and give little, continuous scribble notes to unidentifiable third parties who then give them to the person you want to be friends with. More likely, if you have need of someone you reach to that person by more illustrious or assertive means than being a fucking pansy who would get themselves hurt by note passing unless Every person in the coffee shop is seriously stupid and drugged. Are they, these friends and non friends of yours, all of them drugged and seriously incompetently stupid??? No. They can't be, and its because you stated that not all of your friends at the coffee shop had their behaviour modified or their nose shoved into a corner or w/e you think a 'victim' acts like.

The original anonymous postor, not having thought about what he/she is writing, is crappily begging us to believe (I know I'm stating the obvious here, sorry) or deliberately NOT want us to believe that he/she goes into this coffee shop, this unreal place, and makes a friend and a virtual 'family' of everyone who can't wait to share and relate about important and traumatic events, as if brainwashing and behaviour modification does not typically, statistically rip families, people, friendships all apart - but that it is a normal occurence and does make angry bedfellows, but instead - upon realizing that you are a true victim of hoodwinking, kidnapping, child abuse and all manner of civil violation - it makes you weak and not angry. Behaviour modification, to our coffee shop postor, makes you want to seek out others like you so you can talk peacefully and meekly about your enemies who put your eyes to the corner, you are not angry more of the time, you are just frustrated and your family is there at the coffee shop for you. Behaviour modification makes you seek out old friends and new friends and new local hangouts, they're everywhere, where you can spread the love and the understanding, and Especially the trust of other people that you gain when you are severely traumatized and abused as a child or young adult or adult. And then, everyone passes notes to newcomers who are in need of friends, and literally every person who walks through the door is going to be baptized in this 'new family' over coffee and relations and little fucking note giving. Not one person in this place is condescending because they, every one of them, is 'falling all over themselves' to relate to anyone who comes in from day one or anyone who has been there for long periods of time. Do you ever leave this coffee shop? I wouldn't - everyone there is taking care of me and running to help me.

In fact, states the original postor, literally every five (5) to a handful of 'friends' out the average 30 people who go in and out of this one particular coffee shop in America (where is this place please, what is the address please???), average being that 30 people in one coffee shop at one time would be a fully packed coffee shop coming and going, have been in a child behavioral modification institution. In fact, says the postor, trauma and happy tidings of militant punishment is a regular conversation at the local hangout and everyone there is very sympathetic even if they haven't been in institution. That is to say, says our illustrious postor, that not one person in this 'coffee shop' institution reacts or projects onto others who were in similar situations, this postor is in control of their out-of-control PTSD at least in post.In the same words of this postor, those friends of the postor would necessarily have to be very apologetic and possess no emotion as well as being completely stupid and always on heavy medication. This medication and stupidity would be imminent in all cases when and where the postor arrives at the local hang out because he/she is constantly looking for friends and has no trouble finding them. But really everyone there in this loverly coffee shop is good friends with postor/notegiver and can relate to he/she, because all of them have been in a genuinely normal behaviour modification situation at any point in their young adult lives. That is to say, within the context of the postors words, behaviour modification treatment is normal. That is also to say, says the postor, that people are entirely self sacrificing (sure people want to help if the job is not difficult AND it will not take from their pride) when it comes to desperate nutbags like Coffee Shop Postor. If you cannot find these people, says the postor, then you are not trying.

What is laced throughout all of this writing, besides the jesting notion that people like this exist everywhere if only we would stop being introverted and overcautious enough to start passing little notes ("let's be friends", "I want to be your friend", "Friends?", "Hi") notes that we all know could elicite a potential police escort out of the local hangout or at least a serious lynching or more likely making NO friends and stop going there out of total fucking, hilarious embarassment; is the notion that we should stop acting like victims and that by totalitarian, Straightlike, dialogue we are continually inventing a world that does not exist. Notes like that only work if you are buying someone across the room a drink, and only if you are god damm fucking so physically attractive that people cannot resist; like a movie star with gobs of money: all of which the Coffee Shop Postor has divulged that he/she is NOT famous, has no money, and is not very beautiful or attractive by noting that public displays of frustration are acceptable at the local hangout as well as hanging out on the dirty floor at the local godforsaken motherfucking coffee shop from hell.

It was perfectly clear that the original postor, through lack of forethought and lack of down-to-earth compositional skills (probably you do have some lofty and dreamily fantastical 'tuff love' doublespeaking essays that you did awhile back and some other shit that is old hat that people use in conversation when briefly discussing useless and outdated ways to relate to one another), was creating a world that does not exist and cannot survive in a capitalist society where the people will only prosper when left to their own devices. Communism and cult-reform only have proven to perpetuate instability and ignorance. Postor's friends at the coffee shop are SO self sacrificing that they realistically have no identity, much the same as this postor calls us victims for losing our identities in Straight and continuing to complain about it. These friends at the coffee shop have no ego and they have nothing better to do than to fall all over this postor, a postor who is an ALL Loving ALL neurotic GOD at this coffee shop (what the fuck is the address please where people have no ego and no pride and no identity outside of YOU. Seriously tell me, I want to know so I can come and rule there, too).

The original postor offers a pointless story and an if/then fallacy (there is a term for this kind of fallacy, I forget the psychological definition of it but the postor's fallacy is easy to see you know), though I remain uninsulted, by using a 'coffee shop' situation and a place where young adults and children might frequent. If the local hangout that creates in you a sense of comfort and belonging and the postor has found all coffee shops in his/her town, your town must have one, too. These tricky words spoken with double meaning are attempting to envision a world where all of the people, shops, schools, countries, waterways, jobs, businesses, places 'where you live at', are all of them just waiting to help one another and restrain you and pass little notes and befriend you and help you get by. Again, they're everywhere and its your fault if for acting like the totalist victim and your fault that you can't find these places where these people are. It's your fault you got yourself here: sound familiar?

Seriously, to the anonymous postor who threaded this boring ruse to waste time: give me your address so I can go to this modified coffee shop and beat your dick-eating ass with my crowbar. Here I being am dead serious, I will literally come over and start breaking the coffee table you overturned, I WILL start cracking the skulls of all of these people you say can't wait to relate to you, and I WILL personally bust your fucking eyeballs out of their cum soaked sockets. You think I'm joking here? Give me the address, see what I would do to you.

And I won't injure you because I am a victim of behaviour modification, I'll do it just because I am bored and want to show you that you're not really good at joking or lieing or w/e you were writing that makes no sense or difference to anyone at all anywhere, ever. And I'll also throw in a free curb check at you just because you were really trying to sound like a slick dictator with your program honky jive speak, joking or no. Go on now, Give me the address where you live please .  Just put your address into the next post you make about coffee shops where everyone is brainwashed.

In a perfect & dreaming world, right? I would actually like to bet that you are a failed business person who didn't make it in the behaviour-modification business or any other business you tried to create or be a part of. You are somehow attempting to resurface an old, dead topic that is alot like yourself. A not-so-welldressed piece of shit. Eventually people don't laff and they don't want to hear that joke anymore, it smells funny but it aint' funny, and its staining the carpet but you can't use it as a coffee table. Get rid of it. Lmfao.

Oh, Wait a sec! Is this 'coffee shop' owned by gays who only let fully-loaded gays inside? I'll still stop by and bust your face open for you, and I'll do it because I happen to like homos and I think it would be funny to dawn the role of fag-hater just because you don't deserve to be at that particular coffee shop with such wonderful people you lie about.