Author Topic: Carlbrook  (Read 561842 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Carlbrook
« Reply #2655 on: April 12, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »
Quote from: "lil_thespian"

So let me clarify though.. so you're saying that Carlbrook specifically in the last 7 years has kidnapped students and been abusive and violated their rights? Specifically this school? Because quite frankly I would believe the others wholeheartedly and the others do not affect me at all.. I am specifically curious about this one... because this is the one that my therapist worked at and "learned" so much from...

?

Almost directly above your post, there is a post woman trying to liberate her son from the Carlbrook private captivity center. He is being held there against his and her will, upon the wishes and financing of her ex-husband.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2656 on: April 12, 2009, 10:29:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

The difference is it was scientists who developed the lobotomy. The people lobotomizing kids today through torture are not scientists nor do they oeprate within the realm of science, however debauched. They are lay-people, performing rituals developed by Charels Deidrich, leader of the Synanon cult.

You may be mistaken there. I can't prove it to a dead certainty, but there is, in my opinion, substantial circumstantial evidence to support the idea that the TC model was developed in part by CIA. We may well all have been unwitting lab rats in a pretty frightening government psych experiment.

Here's a little bit of background on CIA involvement in studying thought reform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashing

And here is a video of former head of CIA, George HW Bush, endorsing Straight, Inc. by name
http://thestraights.com/video/bush.rm

Dark, scary shit, eh?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 13, 2009, 12:01:44 AM »
The same people who love torture in one place love torture in another place.

It must be a conspiracy!

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 13, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »
Hmmm. Well I wrote my Psych paper for class today on CEDU. I sent a copy to my therapist... should be interesting to hear what she has to say.. lol.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 13, 2009, 06:56:56 AM »
Hmmm. Well I wrote my Psych paper for class today on CEDU. I sent a copy to my therapist... should be interesting to hear what she has to say.. lol.

You are writing a paper on CEDU for a psych class in high school? How is that even an option?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 13, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

You are writing a paper on CEDU for a psych class in high school? How is that even an option?

Will you send my a copy of it if I give you my email..? I don't understand how people even know about CEDU let alone how high schoolers are doing papers about it?

Also, you said you found this forum by googling your therapist...but you did a paper on CEDU and you didnt know about this forum? Something about this is very odd to me

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »
There are dozens of articles on the web about CEDU along with numerous wiki pages. It wouldn't be impossible to do a paper on CEDU. Besides.. this is high school.. i can't imagine it being a very long paper. Most I ever did in High school on average was 2 to 3 pages.

Post the paper to this thread if you could. I'm curious to read it as my brother spent a bit of time in a CEdU school.

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 13, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »
sorry allow me to clarify... I am taking a high school psych class. I have to do five article reviews every quarter. Meaning I choose an article on some psychological topic... read it... summarize its info in a few paragraphs.. then write an opinon paragraph about it.

if you're confused about my timeline I will elaborate.

I have been taking the psych class all semester.

I googled my therapist friday night and found your forum. I read various posts on here and learned about CEDU and the like organizations..

Last night I did one of my five psych article reviews on this topic.. I simply googled CEDU and did it on the wikipedia article.

This truly shouldnt seem fishy to you... my therapist really worked there.. I honestly just googled her and found this... It's just a four paragraph review.. and you can find the article by going to wikipedia and typing CEDU in the search bar.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 13, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »
Hey lil...

Why don't you post the finished product for us? We are merely curious to see what you have to say. As an English teacher, former staff member, and a brother to a survivor of a CEDU school you have me intrigued on several levels.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2664 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Me too. My daughter has been writing on drug policy and the troubled teen industry once since her Jr. year in high school. I think that can't be a bad thing. Whatever captivates people's attention when first setting out might carry over into whatever you do with the next couple of years, at least. I'd love to see your take on this.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 13, 2009, 10:40:25 PM »
this.

would love to see it when you're done and if willing.

although some of us might be tougher graders than your teacher. ;)

kidding. kidding. :P

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2666 on: April 13, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »
I'd pay top dollar to have inner sanctum access to the entire process.

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 15, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »
so I passed in my psych article.. In truth it really wasnt well written and it was just a summary of the other guys article anyway... I dont think you'd enjoy it. Honestly, it is quite dry and has more grammatical errors than I know what to do with... But I do have yet another opportunity involving all of this.

I am in a Playwriting class in my highschool. I love theater and have taken all of the classes available to me through my school... But so my most recent assignment is to write a hero's journey play. I spoke with my playwriting teacher today and pitched him the idea of setting the play in a CEDU like school.

Crafting the world of the play around some awful disciplinary school that my protagonist would be enrolled in. It needs to be a three act structure play...

I feel like I've gathered enough from the many many posts on here to understand.. who was enrolled and why... what type of staff worked there... the workshops or "raps" that they undergo.. the terrain around the schools and various other things... But what I do not have is an accurate understanding of the academics associated with such schools... what sort of systems are in play for that.. where do they rank academically.. and what the inside of one of the institutions might look like.. what is the setting for a workshop? What does a dorm room look like? Are we talking scary white padded rooms.. or lavish dorm rooms.. for workshops are we talking big comfy chairs where they all sit around and converse... or being forced to stand in a circle in a dimly lit room for an hour?

Could anyone possibly elaborate on some of the more intricate details of these institutions.. I would love to make the play as fact based as possible.. and then when people ask about where the idea came from I can elaborate and tell them that it is honestly based on a very real problem and very real institutions...

Can anyone help me out a bit? I have the basic outline of what the world might look like... But I'm still lacking...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 15, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
http://www.heal-online.org/cedu.htm---read about torture here

Sorta resentful that some kids get tortured to death in CEDU while others get to write plays about them, while not being compassionate to want to publish their therapist's name who was invovled in torturing kids, just like kids were tortured at CEDU. But that's life and the horrid people in it, i guess

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2669 on: April 15, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »
Late 1980's / Early 90's Description of RMA (cedu of the north)

academics
They were piss poor. Most of the teachers were ordinary at best. The cedu faculty made it clear to the academic teachers that the students were a bunch of emotional basket cases that needed to pass. So the few good teachers were prevented from doing any actual real teaching. The classes were easy. Academics were only in place so that CEDU could have accredidation and hand out diplomas. Plenty of parent's who were on the fence would have probably opted out of sending their kid there if they were going to shell out $100k and not get a diploma.

Month 1-3 = 2 classes a week. Tuesday & Thursday afternoons. Poetry and mortensen math . Mortensen math was a joke. It was lego visuals for mongloids math. Poetry as in bullshit poetry that we wrote about our feelings. We never studied any real poetry.
http://www.mortensenmathdirect.com/

Month 4-12 = slightly better classes but still a joke. Watercoloring and cartoons for the emotionally challenged.

Month 12- 28 = "real" classes. Ordinary high school classes. It was such a relief to be in the upper school and be in 'real' classes. Again, compared to your average public high school the classes were not challenging. They were watered down to the point that an oranguatan could pass them.

In 89 they completed the Emmerson academic builing at RMA. This significantly improved the academic program. Before
Emmerson many classes were in the same rooms as raps. Those rooms suck. When you're in those rap rooms you can't help but feel agitated. You look at the carpet and wonder how much snot is cooked into the fibers.

what the inside of one of the institutions might look like?

RMA looked like a country lodge. Everything was made out of wood. Woodgrain, woodgrain and more woodgrain. Paths were lined with circular stones (not the rectangular masonry you see at high end resorts). Each builidng was heated by wood burning fire stoves. The buildings were painted brown or tan on the outside if painted at all. The inside of the rooms was not painted. All natural wood.

What does a dorm room look like?

Most were 6 man configurations. 3 bunk beds and 3 bunk foot lookers. Closets had no doors. Each dorm shared a bathroom with another 6 man dorm. 3 showers, 3 toilets for 12 students

Not white padded &  not lavish.

Rap & propheet rooms
They had 20+ black plastic chairs with silver legs. Uncomfortable. There isn't a graduate alive that doesn't cringe at the site of one. Each rap had 2-3 comfy wood chairs with cushions for the staff.
raps lasted 4-5 hours. Lighting was normal except the workshops. During the workshops they put sheets over all the windows.