Author Topic: If they only knew....  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« on: July 07, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »
I attended cross creek manor for about 1 year in 2000.  I have posted a letter also at struggling teens.com the website if you would like to read it.  How dare a place like Cross Creek Manor even exist.  Parents are so desperate they don't realize what a major mistake it is for their kids to be there.  I've never felt more abused or depressed or lonely or miserable as I did there.  It is an experience I wish I could block out of my mind.  Not one girl I know of (unsurprisingly) did not relapse once they got out of there.  If the LIARS that run and work for Cross Creek did not brainwash or manipulate the parents so well, lets just say they wouldn't make nearly as much money.  My heart feels so much sadness and sympathy for the girls that are there now. My mom knows now what a mistake cross creek was. I wish every parent in there would read this and the millions of other horror stories and complaints against Cross Creek Manor and its affiliated programs.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Millions?  Is that true?   :scared:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
Supposedly there are some 10K or so children in various programs at any given time.

The programs have been around since the 80s. So, over 25~ years and 10K~ at any given time, you could reasonably estimate that there have been a million children/teens through the program pipeline.

And, well, theres the *WTF* about taht girl who spent 13 years in a program, from 13 to 26 years of age  :eek: jesus christ that blows my mind trying to even fathom.

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
--George Washington

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
You are right, WWASP's ideology would be nothing without the full fledged support of parents and staff. It's very sad, and disturbing at the same time. How such a destructive, abusive and just all around stupid program can garner so much support, attention and seeming legitimacy. It sickens me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
The reason this program manages to stay supported by parents is because parents are unsuspectingly inducted into their required seminar cult. That is a FACT.

They are a dark brainwashing cult.  Nobody in their right mind would continue to suport this otherwise.  Except for those on the receiving ends of huge financial "bonues."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
WHOA! AGE 13 TO AGE 26???? how did they keep her in there until age 26?????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

The reason this program manages to stay supported by parents is because parents are unsuspectingly inducted into their required seminar cult. That is a FACT.

They are a dark brainwashing cult.  Nobody in their right mind would continue to suport this otherwise.  Except for those on the receiving ends of huge financial "bonues.""

That's  :rofl:   - Intelligent, educated, parents, numbering in the thousands have been unsuspectingly inducted?

Is that really true?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 15:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHOA! AGE 13 TO AGE 26???? how did they keep her in there until age 26?????"

THEY didn't keep anyone over 18, they choose to go, or they choose to stay after 18.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »
No, they really did keep her there by force, corsersion and threat, there is a lawsuit about it going on.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »
On 2005-07-10 19:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-09 15:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHOA! AGE 13 TO AGE 26???? how did they keep her in there until age 26?????"

THEY didn't keep anyone over 18, they choose to go, or they choose to stay after 18.  "

WWASP doesn't have much of a problem with keeps people in its gulags after they turned 18. Look at Kelly Adams' story, for example-- when she turned 18 and said she wants to leave Cross Creek Manor, she was put through a 4-hour pressure cooker to make sure she changed her mind. That included putting her parents on the phone, as well as her little brother, who was crying and saying he didn't want her to die (the poor kid probably heard this WWASPie bullsiht from his parents).

There's a blod called Spring Creek Lodge Experience, that describes the attempts of the SCL staff to convince and pressure an 18-year-old into staying at SCL.

In Jamaica, the captives are not allowed to make their own travel arrangements. So if your parents refuse to get you a ticket home, you stay there, and it doesn't matter that you just turned 18.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 02:58:00 AM »
On 2005-07-10 19:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-09 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

They are a dark brainwashing cult.  Nobody in their right mind would continue to suport this otherwise.  Except for those on the receiving ends of huge financial "bonues.""

That's  :rofl:   - Intelligent, educated, parents, numbering in the thousands have been unsuspectingly inducted?

Is that really true? "

Unfortunately, it is. Look up "Lifespring", "Korean POW Camps" and "Synanon" to see where the program is coming from and how it was developed. WWASP is a cult. It doesn't matter how educated or intelligent you are, if you don't know what you're getting into, you still have a chance of being manipulated into being into their bullshit. The Discovery seminar is a good example (read Karen Bean's account of what goes on in there).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
That was Karen Bean's experience.  Every seminar has most of the same exercises or processes.  What is different is that each person that walks in there has their own interpretation and their own experience. Each person has a different reason for being their.  The experiences are as different as each person is different.   This Karen was closed from the beginning, so her interpretation was much different from the other 50 or 100 or more individuals attending.  She didn't want to be there and went because she said she had to.  That's a childish statement in itself.  It is NOT a fact that everyone that attends is a parent of a kid in a WWASPS program.  Anyone can attend, so there goes your program cult accusation.  This Karen went how many years ago?

Personal growth seminars - are everywhere!  BUsinesses are bringing them inhouse, there are hundreds of reasons people are choosing to spend 3 days from morning til night gaining more personal insight and a better way to live.  Just google personal growth seminars.

You act like WWASPS has the lock and key on parents.  They are only required to go to one and choose to complete many more.  It's not about brainwashing.   That's the "pat" scapegoat answer to your fears.

PHX

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
This is from columnist Michelle Malkin, about David Gilcrease and his company Resource Realization trying to reach out into the public market.

See Dick and Jane weep

Home-schooling is looking more and more like the only sane educational option these days.

The latest news of the weird in our public schools comes from Seattle. Last week, the Seattle Times reports, nearly 300 students from two middle schools were subjected to three long days of gut-spilling seminars aimed at "creating a safe school environment free of teasing and harassment."

Principals and teachers traded in phonics for histrionics. Children learned the Oprahfied alphabet -- A for apologies, B for blame, and C for crying. Uncontrollable crying. Kleenex must have made a killing. Here's how the Times reporter described the workshops:

"Sitting in small circles, their knees touching, students shared their own hurt and the pain they had inflicted on others. The tears flowed. In some groups, half the WashingtonMiddleSchool students were crying at once. Applause followed, as the seventh- and eighth-graders stepped up to roving microphones and declared what they would do to mend broken relationships with their schoolmates. Two boys shook hands after one apologized for making fun of the other, and said he hoped to be more supportive."

"A girl owned up to snubbing an old friend. 'I'm sorry that I've been very distant and that I've chosen other friends in school,' she said. 'I'm going to work on that, and I'm going to be a better friend.' The girls embraced."

All bounds of privacy and self-restraint were erased as seminar "facilitators" encouraged their young guinea pigs to confess whether they - or friends or family members -- had ever faced addiction problems, sadness over the death of loved ones, guilt over teasing others because of their weight, or thoughts of suicide. The public sniveling and sniffling ended with a "final exercise -- hugging as many people as possible in two minutes, to the theme from 'Rocky.'" One child, showing uncommon wisdom, dubbed the dolorous debacle a "psycho cry-fest."

It's only the beginning: This bizarre emotional circus may be coming to an unacceptably dry-eyed classroom near you.

Sponsored by a for-profit company called Resource Realizations in Scottsdale, Ariz., and run jointly by a nonprofit organization called Challenge Day, the chief operator of these weeping workshops says he smells a "a huge potential growth area" in the public schools. Seattle students received information packets from Resources Realizations founder David Gilcrease. "While Challenge Day is a critical first step, a one-day learning experience only goes so far," Gilcrease wrote in literature distributed to the children. "To create truly lasting transformation in their lives, most teens need more."

For starters, there's the company's three-day, $295 Teen Discovery seminar. Which leads to pricy summer camps, parent-child workshops, and retreats full of self-esteem-boosting babblers who teach participants such vital skills as learning "to interrupt unconscious mental and emotional cycles which tend to sabotage results." According to the Resources Realizations website, public seminars are also being run in San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas, Ft.Lauderdale, and Chicago.

Unbeknowst to Seattle school officials and parents who raved about the workshops, Resources Realizations has a dubious history. It is connected to a shady racket of companies peddling kiddie rehab programs with names such as "TranquilityBay" and "Paradise Cove" that have been accused of brainwashing youngsters. Yet, the Seattle schools superintendent, Joseph Olchefske, seemed only mildly perturbed that the company coaching Seattle schoolchildren to get all choked up - and then foisting their promotional flyers on the overwrought kids -- is also a defendant in several lawsuits involving claims of emotional abuse at its behavior-therapy facilities.

Where are all those anti-corporate lefties who protest the commercialization of the schools - you know, the ones always complaining about cafeteria junk food being stuffed down the throats of helpless students? These mindless p.c. workshops are junk food, too - completely devoid of academic calories.

Now, there may be legitimate private businesses out there that provide real help to families with emotional problems. But even so, they have no place in taxpayer-funded schools whose primary function is supposed to be filling students' heads - not emptying their lachrymal ducts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If they only knew....
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
On 2005-07-11 11:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"That was Karen Bean's experience.  Every seminar has most of the same exercises or processes.  What is different is that each person that walks in there has their own interpretation and their own experience. Each person has a different reason for being their.  The experiences are as different as each person is different.   This Karen was closed from the beginning, so her interpretation was much different from the other 50 or 100 or more individuals attending.  She didn't want to be there and went because she said she had to.  That's a childish statement in itself.  It is NOT a fact that everyone that attends is a parent of a kid in a WWASPS program.  Anyone can attend, so there goes your program cult accusation.  This Karen went how many years ago?

Personal growth seminars - are everywhere!  BUsinesses are bringing them inhouse, there are hundreds of reasons people are choosing to spend 3 days from morning til night gaining more personal insight and a better way to live.  Just google personal growth seminars.

You act like WWASPS has the lock and key on parents.  They are only required to go to one and choose to complete many more.  It's not about brainwashing.   That's the "pat" scapegoat answer to your fears.

PHX"

Do you work for WWASP or are you simply insane?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
If they only knew....
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
On 2005-07-11 11:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

The experiences are as different as each person is different.

Exactly, PHX! Some, like you, are suckers. Others, like Karen Bean, are not. Simple, really.

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
--Arthur C. Clarke, author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes