Author Topic: First time here, found this by accident or maybe not. Need  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
First time here, found this by accident or maybe not. Need
« on: July 04, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
Hello,

I have a friend who has turned to others for her daughter who is defiant, but has no psychological disorder, or any disability, as well as no usage of drugs or drinking she is absolutely not a partier, just doesn't want to listen to her Mother and Father preach all day and night (although a friend) this is what they do.

My friend turned to this Struggling Teens people who have helped her by urging her to hire someone who can help which cost them a lot of money but they did it, and they are urging my friend to have someone pick up their daughter in the middle of the night and send her to I think Utah or Texas because they have convinced her she needs a theraputic boarding school.  

How do I convince her not to do this?  She is wrapped by these people to the point where she won't listen to their friends and family, and we think she (my friend) has been brainwashed, they are even applying for a loan (which the person who was reccomended hooked them up with) that will be like a 2nd mortgage.

Does anyone know of these struggling teens people and the people who work for them?  Any information would be helpful, I could see if this girl needed this type of place to go but she absolutely does not.

thank you so much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
No one can answer this poor person?  DON"T DO IT TeLL HER DO NOT DO IT :wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
Tell her to read this forum and do a thorough search of the facility.
She could also inquire about the program here, could be a parent or ex-participant who could give her information.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
On 2005-07-04 16:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No one can answer this poor person?  DON"T DO IT TeLL HER DO NOT DO IT :wstupid: "

That you talking to yourself, Andrea?

The age of ignorance commenced with the Christian system.
--Thomas Paine, American revolutionary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
Offer some other options - find a GOOD therapist in the area that is covered by their health plan, see if there are support groups.  

One of the reasons people fall for this crap is that the program pushers make them feel the ONLY way to help their child is to lock them up (and that if they don't help their child, what kind of parent are they?), and that simply isn't the case.

I wish you the best of luck.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
If the parents are unwilling to see the peril, I'd suggest counseling the kid on how to get out from under their control asap. There are a lot of options available, if you see the train coming. These range from extended family all the way to legal arbitration.

To say the drug war is a failure is like saying the Hindenburg was short a few fire extinguishers.
http://mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n808/a10.html' target='_new'>Carl Hiassen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 03:19:00 AM »
On 2005-07-04 17:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Offer some other options - find a GOOD therapist in the area that is covered by their health plan, see if there are support groups."

The trouble is that a good therapist would just tell them there wasn't a problem.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
Edit: that was meant for the parents. I didnt read the initial post carefully enough - youre tryign to help the kid not be sent off, I apologize.

Defiance? BOO HOO! Shes a TEENAGER! Its NOT a problem, there ISNT a fix, its called "being a parent aint easy"! Sorry that being a parent didnt come with a manual, but you GOTTA DEAL WITH IT. Giving her away to be broken down and beaten into obedience for a fee is cruel and a crime in and of itself - plus it doesnt do a damn thing for helping her grow up into an adult - learning how to make decisions, DOES. Obedience training is useless unless you live in a fascist dictatorship.

Plus, shed probably never want to be around you ever again and cut off communication with you forever.

Programs dont fix anything or provide any kind of therapy at all. PERIOD. Why not ask some people here who have been through programs? Perrigaud and Antigen right off the top of my head, same for a lot of other people here, too. BTW, Antigen has 3 kids, and is 40 years old, so shes worth listening to.

Or maybe you havent read http://www.ISACCORP.org yet? You should.

None of these places have ANYTHING to do with therapy. They have EVERYTHING to do with appeasing bad or lazy parents, and suckering in foolish or scared ones while theyre still unable to think clearly and see through the bullshit.

Dont buy into it, deal with it. If *YOU* cant deal with it, *YOU* get therapy or help - dont send her off to get beaten and broken down while a bullshit program says you cant talk to her for 3 months and you dont have a *CLUE* whats going on, being warehoused, broken down at every turn, put in bullshit sensitivity training seminars (not 'sensitivity' as in what women say they want from men, but as in sensitive to suggestion, BRAINWASHING if you havent heard of this before) and forced to ask permission to sit, stand, eat, go to the bathroom, cross a threshold, and punished severely for not doingso.

Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.
--James Madison

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »
Right on , Antigen! :grin:
-DP

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
--Anonymous

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »
I'd suggest you encourage your friend to do a total internet search - she really needs to be aware of their tactics. You need to see the information that ISAC has compiled about WWASP - particularly the documents showing how these representatives are nothing more than salespeople who get bonuses and dinner tickets for "selling" the programs to desparate parents.
http://isaccorp.org/wwasps/enrollmentwinners1.jpg
Please look at all of this and send it to her.  
Here's some links you must see... http://isaccorp.org/wwasps.html[
http://isaccorp.org/documentsnz.html#wwasp
On this link scroll down and find all of the documents under WWASP/Teen Help Documents. You will be shocked - Please copy this information and send it to her.  [ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-07-05 21:32 ][ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-07-05 21:35 ]
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
She is off to Texas they would not tell me the name of the place, I told them I was asking questions online and went to the sites you suggested and did some searching here, it is scary I am fearful this poor kid is going to come home in a body bag, too bad those idiots were able to talk her parents into this.  How do you stop people like this?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
You talk to the parents and try to get them to come to their senses - but theres no talking to the people who run these places.

Theyre either twisted, greedy, or both. I mean god, look at sue scheff making ~200,000 a year on referral fees doing the EXACT SAME THING she bashes WWASPS of doing!

Since you [US "drug tsar" McCaffrey] control a federal budget that has just been increased from $17.8 billion last year to $19.2 billion this year, is asking people like you if we should continue with our nation's current drug policy like a person asking a barber if one needs a haircut? --
                                                              Orange Country, California
                                                                  Los Angeles Times
                                                                    29 March 2000
--Judge James P. Gray

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
On 2005-07-06 16:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"She is off to Texas they would not tell me the name of the place, I told them I was asking questions online and went to the sites you suggested and did some searching here, it is scary I am fearful this poor kid is going to come home in a body bag, too bad those idiots were able to talk her parents into this.  How do you stop people like this?"

Please, please, don't worry like that. For all the horrors of this industry, it's very rare when they actually kill a kid! As far as actual threat of mortality, it's probably no better or worse than, say, joining a gang or some other cult.

But don't think that, just because the kid comes back alive and able to pass for relatively normal that nothing is wrong. The effects of strident TC indoctrination are very real. But all it takes to get over it is someone who can understand and not play a part in the sabotage. Be that person and try to cultivate that spirit in other members of this kid's support net, including the idiot parents.

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
Please don't take offense, but.. I'll ask you again. Is this Andrea trolling? Someone connected to Andrea? Or is it just coincidence that you happen to use the same ISP from the same region as she?

If you want a voluntary urine sample from me it'll have to be a taste test.
--Bumper Sticker

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
Who is Andrea?