Author Topic: THA TRUTH - PART III  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« on: June 27, 2005, 04:04:00 AM »
I'm back...just wanted to clarify a few more things.

1) Just because a parent places their child in a program or treatment facility does not mean that they're passing the buck on their parental duties. I'm not saying that there are never such cases, but the majority of the parents that sent their kids to the Whitmore did it because they believed it was for their child's benefit. Believe me, they regret every moment their children were stuck there.

2) To all posters who were never at the Whit, anonymous and otherwise: "Mouse" WAS a student, I knew her personally. Her name is Caitlyn but for some inane reason she's choosing to go by "Angelina".

3) I can't speak for everyone involved in the civil suit, but I know for a fact that most of the parents' main objective is not the money. Chances are that no one will be reimbursed the $42,000 anyway.

4) Sue Scheff SHOULD be held accountable for her incredible irresponsibility. Taking parents who are at their wit's end and manipulating their trust just for a little kick-back is vile. You really can't sink much lower than cheating someone in a time of intense need.

5) To everyone making ridiculous accusations:
Just because people post here does not mean they are "neglecting their children" that they are "losers" or, that they "have no life". It's taken me all of about ten minutes to type what I have thus far and this is much longer than the average post. I might add that I am doing this after a full day of other activities that make up MY life (yes, I have one). Isn't that a little hypocritical too? In order to tell everyone posting here that they're losers, you'd have to post too - right?

6) To everyone using sexist, racial, or any other slurs: You are the perfect example of what no one wants to be. Bitter. Self-righteuos. Cynical. You are not encouraging anyone to see your point of view. When you speak that way towards people, they'll automatically dismiss your opinion with the first words that come out of your mouth. Narrow-minded people aren't really known for their intuition.

7) In conclusion: I really hope that this can be worked out in such a way as to minimize any more  pain on either side. On that note, to the people who were never at the Whitmore or the parent of a   prisoner there (or another abusive program): You did not have to live through that ordeal. Your unfounded, biting comments are not helping anyone. You're aggravating a situation in which you have no business being involved.

PEACE

"Tha truth will find you out"[ This Message was edited by: Tha Truth on 2005-06-27 01:10 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »
Yay, first to respond, ok then, I will reply point by point.

1) Just because a parent places their child in a program or treatment facility does not mean that they're passing the buck on their parental duties. I'm not saying that there are never such cases, but the majority of the parents that sent their kids to the Whitmore did it because they believed it was for their child's benefit. Believe me, they regret every moment their children were stuck there

Well, I disagree here on the passing of the buck, because thats what this whole thing is esentally, "I cant control him/her, so im going to give him/her to some one who can 'fix' her" That sounds like passing the buck to me. While many parents think they are helping their child, it really is passing the kid around.

2) To all posters who were never at the Whit, anonymous and otherwise: "Mouse" WAS a student, I knew her personally. Her name is Caitlyn but for some inane reason she's choosing to go by "Angelina".

Ok... ::shrugs:: I never really disbelieved that.

3) I can't speak for everyone involved in the civil suit, but I know for a fact that most of the parents' main objective is not the money. Chances are that no one will be reimbursed the $42,000 anyway.

The man (sorry I dont know your gender) Is absolutely right here guys, class action law suits rarely pay off, not even against tobaco companies, after the lawyer takes his massive cut, then most likely every one will get somthing like 1,000 to 5,000 dollars. Awards in civil suits are really getting under control and its not going to be somthing crazy like 20 million or whatever.

Well thats about it, I really dont have much to comment on the rest of the post, because I pretty much agree, I have a few differances with the views, but those are rather pointless, and I have nothing to add, so, have a nice day

how do I get my damned signature posted? I cant figgure it out.[ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2005-06-27 05:45 ]
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
THE TRUTH is...irresponsible placement...on the part of those truly responsible...the PARENTS!

Whitmore simply offers a service...it is the responsibility of the PARENTS to investigate thoroughly.  HECK, a quick look at their website would give any intelligent person a "CLUE" about the quality or lack there of.  JUST READING THE kids' MISSION statements was enough evidence to support a questionable approach to placement.  What kids write like that????

C'mon people, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your own faulty decisions!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
POINT MISSED AGAIN:

NO ONE PAID FOR THIS SERVICE:
To abuse any kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl Sudweeks has been charge with 7 counts of abusing 4 different children.

This is a criminal case folks!!!!!
And the investigation is still ongoing.

Don't care about an civil case.
This is about Child Abuse!
This is and where the FOCUS MUST REMAIN!!!!!!
THIS IS WHY THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
On 2005-06-27 07:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"POINT MISSED AGAIN:

NO ONE PAID FOR THIS SERVICE:

To abuse any kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl Sudweeks has been charge with 7 counts of abusing 4 different children.

This is a criminal case folks!!!!!

And the investigation is still ongoing.

Don't care about an civil case.

This is about Child Abuse!

This is and where the FOCUS MUST REMAIN!!!!!!

THIS IS WHY THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »
YOu need to talk to a lawyer....define the term CLASS ACTION SUIT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
How much investigation did you do?

I believe THAT is the BIGGER POINT!!

Did you visit the website and read the mission statements?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
Tha Truth:  Sue Scheff, PURE does not take a "kick back" on her placements at Whitmore. She is running a BUSINESS and has her own referral fees for her placements at Whitmore and other schools.  She has testified under oath in a court of law exactly how she is paid for sending kids to these programs. She isn't running some little back-room-set-up where kids are snuck into Whitmore, and where she gets some "kickback" under the table.  She advertises big time. Is PROUD of what she does. And get paid lots of money for doing it. Scheff may have told lies about her credentials--like saying she had a degreee, when she DIDN'T. She may have lied about her staff: like saying she had attorneys and psychologist on staff, when she didn't--THINGS LIKE THAT.  BUT her company does not take "kick backs."  It charges PROGRAMS fees for the placement of children in these progams--unlike professional Educational Consultants who have ethical standards that forbid collecting fees from PROGRAMS.

And enough has probably been said about Caitlyn/MOUSE: she is just another kid being used/contolled by Cheryl to post on this forum.

And any civil suit by any parents: That too WILL NOT be decided on this forum. It will be decided in a COURT OF LAW...based on LAW, CONTRACTS, and EVIDENCE. NOT by the bashing of parents and their chidren, who are victims.
Anything else is just opinions and speculation.

The FACT REMAINS:  Cheryl Sudweeks has been CHARGED with 7 Counts of Child Abuse against 4 different children.  And the investigation is still active and ongoing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
"And any civil suit by any parents: That too WILL NOT be decided on this forum. It will be decided in a COURT OF LAW...based on LAW, CONTRACTS, and EVIDENCE. NOT by the bashing of parents and their chidren, who are victims."

The only VICTIMS are the children!!!  Parents hold the responsibility for their poor decisions...they are not the victims...they are as guilty as they hold PURE and Whitmore.

FOCUS ON THAT and stop shifting the BLAME!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

how do I get my damned signature posted? I cant figgure it out.[ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2005-06-27 05:45 ]"

Click the "profile" link to the left. The sig box is near the bottom of that page.

Life may have no meaning.  Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0912800909/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Ashleigh Brilliant

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »
On 2005-06-27 08:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Tha Truth:  Sue Scheff, PURE does not take a "kick back" on her placements at Whitmore. She is running a BUSINESS and has her own referral fees for her placements at Whitmore and other schools.  She has testified under oath in a court of law exactly how she is paid for sending kids to these programs. She isn't running some little back-room-set-up where kids are snuck into Whitmore, and where she gets some "kickback" under the table.  She advertises big time. Is PROUD of what she does. And get paid lots of money for doing it. Scheff may have told lies about her credentials--like saying she had a degreee, when she DIDN'T. She may have lied about her staff: like saying she had attorneys and psychologist on staff, when she didn't--THINGS LIKE THAT.  BUT her company does not take "kick backs."  It charges PROGRAMS fees for the placement of children in these progams--unlike professional Educational Consultants who have ethical standards that forbid collecting fees from PROGRAMS.

And enough has probably been said about Caitlyn/MOUSE: she is just another kid being used/contolled by Cheryl to post on this forum.

And any civil suit by any parents: That too WILL NOT be decided on this forum. It will be decided in a COURT OF LAW...based on LAW, CONTRACTS, and EVIDENCE. NOT by the bashing of parents and their chidren, who are victims.

Anything else is just opinions and speculation.

The FACT REMAINS:  Cheryl Sudweeks has been CHARGED with 7 Counts of Child Abuse against 4 different children.  And the investigation is still active and ongoing.

"

This is correct, Sue Scheff is NOT an educational consultant, she is an independent program referral/placement service and as such, not bound by the same principles and ethics as members of the IECA are.  See example below.

Excerpt from IECA principles of good practice:

School/College/Program Relationships

...A consultant does not accept any compensation from educational institutions for placement of a child.

...A consultant strives to avoid actions which may give the appearance of an attempt to influence an admission placement.

http://www.educationalconsulting.org/principles.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
The only VICTIMS are the children!!! Parents hold the responsibility for their poor decisions...they are not the victims...they are as guilty as they hold PURE and Whitmore.

FOCUS ON THAT and stop shifting the BLAME!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
Cheryl Sudweeks is charged with 7 counts of abusing 4 children

The children are the victims of this abuse.
The blame has been placed exactly where it belongs!

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
You guys really don't get it, do you? I was a student there for a full 12 months. If students really are the victims like everyone is saying, than how am I not being empathetic? How am I shifting blame? I'm not putting a sob story out there, I'm simply telling the truth. Did any of you ever live at the Whitmore? Please don't tell me how it is then. I went there when I was fourteen years old. It was not a happy time. If you really know how it is and these are your true opinions then you have a right. I have no right to try and make you change your mind -BUT- If you weren't there, you need to pay attention to what I'm saying because I obviously have a better understanding of the situation. I was a student there! Of course Cheryl needs to be held accountable, I know she's already been charged but nothing has gone to court yet. I am extremely hurt and angry about what went on there, to me or other kids. What I'm trying to do here is simply give people a better picture and stop their needlessly judgmental comments. Of course the focus should be on the kids, they were hurt most. Of course people should try to make everyone involved answer for what they've done. A civil suit is one way.

I know where the focus should be, I lived it. Next time you make such ridiculous comments about me shifting blame and not "thinking of the kids" please remember, I lived it.

-Anneliese Hopper
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THA TRUTH - PART III
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
Anneliese, believe that poster was referring to the ANON who keeps trying to shift the focus onto the PARENTS who enrolled their kids at the Whitmore. The attack is NOW ON THE PARENTS--accusing them of NOT investigating the Sudweeks in detail before enrolling them at the Whitmore.AS IF the parents are reponsible for their kids getting abuse there. AS IF the parents should have KNOWN from the contracts they signed that ABUSE was "just around the corner."  AS IF they parents should have known that those Canadian animal abusers would "surly be child abusers, TOO. AS IF, your parents, and all the other parents just wanted to GET RID OF THEIR KIDS...so the parents are to BLAME for any abuse that happened, and not the Sudweeks.  That the PARENTS and KIDS got just what they bargained for--abused kids because they sent their kids out of state and "should have know better."  That the PARENTS are stupid, if not "unfit" for sending them to Whitmore to begin with.  FORGET that the parents believed the Whitmore was an accredited, school and that the Sudweeks WOULD provide the contractual, PAID FOR Services.  
IT IS BLAME TIME NOW---so it is time to blame YOUR parents, and all the other parents.
NO!!! That will not be allowed.
Cheryl Sudweeks has been charged with child abuse.
You students who are speaking out have a voice, and it will be heard! We will listen.  You will not be drowned out.
This is not one of Cheryl's little group sessions in which you and other students can not be heard when you speak the truth.
Cheryl Sudweeks is not in charge here.
She does not run this show! It is a public forum, and you can speak!