Author Topic: RANT & RAVE  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »
Ok, so it's about 3:30 AM and I'm tired as hell, but I really won't be able to sleep until I get some stuff off my mind. I'm really tired of people pretending like there's no problem. Like there's nothing going on. It's especially frustrating when it comes from ex-students. You're the ones who know! Why are you trying to front? Defending the Sudweeks is not going to get you a good seat in Heaven. I don't know what kind of drastic changes the Sudweeks made after I left the Whitmore, but I sure as hell know what went on when I was there. People who went there with me are on this forum flat-out denying things that they saw happen with their own two eyes. That's sickening. What are people trying to prove? You want to know why that's so wrong? It's making a mockery out of every student who's had the guts to get up and say what really happens there. The people who stand up and tell the truth even when they're being threatened or guilt-tripped, sometimes by their own parents. Having someone else who was there, who KNOWS the truth, discount everything they say is a huge betrayal. Why stay in denial? I've said so many times- no one's asking anybody to make untrue accusations about anyone. Just be honest. Students were at fault and staff was at fault. This is a real case, a criminal case. Cheryl was formally charged on June 10th with 5 counts of misdemeanor child abuse and 2 counts of hazing. That's no laughing matter. They're being investigated for many other alleged illegalities as well. People do not just get together and say, "well, I think I'd like to ruin some nice lady's life today". Kids are not fabricating random stories. When kids on opposite ends of the country are coming up with the same stories w/ the same names and details without talking to eachother---WOW!! IT JUST MIGHT BE TRUE!! There's no way to deny that there were glaring inconsistencies between what the contract stated and how things were actually run. Cheryl always said that "she'd never received a paycheck" . How the hell does that work? You've got two planes, a mansion, like 8 cars, ATVs, jet-skis, a boat, a Harley, 3 buses, property in Canada and Mexico, a SICKENING amount of clothes that fill an entire HANGAR. How on God's green earth do you get that with no paycheck?? I read an article online which talked about the Suds involvement with Steve Cartisano. For those of you who don't know who that is, he was really big in the teen-help industry in the 80's. He specialized in wilderness programs and he basically scammed a whole bunch of parents for money to "help" their teens. A 16 year old girl died under his care. He also helped outline plans for starting teen-help facilities. Cheryl signed a document saying that she'd pay him 3,000 dollars a month to help them start the program in  B.C. if he could guarantee they'd make $1 million in the first year. Now, they are OBVIOUSLY not in it for the money. That's why we were packed in the mansion like sardines. I had 4 roommates when I left!! FOUR! Plus there was the boy's house! At $42,000 a pop that's a helluva lot of money! I'm not saying that Cheryl doesn't, or never has liked kids. I'm not saying that Cheryl was never a troubled teen herself. I am saying that she was NEVER fit to take care of 40 + troubled teenagers. She has severe mood swings, she has huge self image issues (which she'd take out on the girls around her), she abused the use of prescriptions...the list goes on. Do I think she's evil?? NO! Am I looking forward to seeing her crash and burn? Of course not. But I am waiting to see her take some responsibility for the undeniably horrible and hurtful things she did to some of these kids and their families. Many parents went into debt and had to borrow huge amounts of money to send their kids to the Whitmore. Imagine how they felt when they found out that this was how their kids had been treated. The things written abotu Zita and Joey on this website...these are not isolated incidents. This is a HUGE problem. It's been an ongoing thing hush -hushed countless times. I KNOW that abuse went on at the Whitmore! I administered it and took it. I administered a LOT of it. I can admit it. I've tracked down and apologized to as many kids as I could. I hurt a lot of people in my time there, both physically and emotionally. If I should apologize to the people I hurt (under the Sudweeks care and sometimes under Cheryl's direction) then they should show they're sorry too. I was never physically abused there but I was verbally. I won't even bring any other kids names into it but from my own personal experience- I know that PLENTY went on. Just in my year there. Anyone who says differently is a damn liar.  If there is ANYONE who has ANYTHING to say to me or any questions to ask please reply or PM me. Sorry if this was a little long, incoherent and/or radical...I'm very tired. It's 4:14- I'm out. PEACE!
*BTW* IN CASE ANYONE STILL HAS DOUBTS, YES THIS IS ANNELIESE!!!!!!!!!

"Tha truth will find you out"[ This Message was edited by: Tha Truth on 2005-06-14 05:52 ][ This Message was edited by: Tha Truth on 2005-06-14 05:57 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:16:00 AM »
well it is anni..b/c where i live, it is now 7:15..and two minutes after you made this reply..which where you live..Annie..it is three hourse behind me..so it all adds up..if you are so dead determined to get your point across..take the wrap for your words and say who you are. You always had a thing for big word..and yes, you should know about the abuse..because you were the one dishin it out. Remember...cuz i do

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »
Oh no! You caught me! Well, considering the fact that I just stated who I was like FOUR TIMES in other discussions, I didn't think I needed to put my name on absolutely everything. I bet you thought you were really puttin me out there though...it's alright, everyone already knew. Speaking of not putting your name to something--I smell a hypocrite! Who the hell are you? I believe I mentioned something about me being involved with a lot of the abuse in the above statement, and yes I sure as hell do remember. If you don't think I accurately covered EVERYTHING then I'd be happy to put more juicy details in there for you if that's what you want. NO I'm not "talking big" I'm just talking. I didn't exaggerate or stretch anything. Those are just facts.

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »
to the anonymous poster: It says plainly above that I was responsible for much of the student-on-student violence when I was there. I've also put my name on it (although everyone already knew) so there's really nothing you can say to me now. You've come to the wrong person if you just want talk...I back my words up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »
On 2005-06-14 04:09:00, Tha Truth wrote:

"Ok, so it's about 3:30 AM and I'm tired as hell, but I really won't be able to sleep until I get some stuff off my mind. I'm really tired of people pretending like there's no problem. Like there's nothing going on. It's especially frustrating when it comes from ex-students. You're the ones who know! Why are you trying to front? Defending the Sudweeks is not going to get you a good seat in Heaven. I don't know what kind of drastic changes the Sudweeks made after I left the Whitmore, but I sure as hell know what went on when I was there. People who went there with me are on this forum flat-out denying things that they saw happen with their own two eyes. That's sickening. What are people trying to prove? You want to know why that's so wrong? It's making a mockery out of every student who's had the guts to get up and say what really happens there. The people who stand up and tell the truth even when they're being threatened or guilt-tripped, sometimes by their own parents. Having someone else who was there, who KNOWS the truth, discount everything they say is a huge betrayal. Why stay in denial? I've said so many times- no one's asking anybody to make untrue accusations about anyone. Just be honest. Students were at fault and staff was at fault. This is a real case, a criminal case. Cheryl was formally charged on June 10th with 5 counts of misdemeanor child abuse and 2 counts of hazing. That's no laughing matter. They're being investigated for many other alleged illegalities as well. People do not just get together and say, "well, I think I'd like to ruin some nice lady's life today". Kids are not fabricating random stories. When kids on opposite ends of the country are coming up with the same stories w/ the same names and details without talking to eachother---WOW!! IT JUST MIGHT BE TRUE!! There's no way to deny that there were glaring inconsistencies between what the contract stated and how things were actually run. Cheryl always said that "she'd never received a paycheck" . How the hell does that work? You've got two planes, a mansion, like 8 cars, ATVs, jet-skis, a boat, a Harley, 3 buses, property in Canada and Mexico, a SICKENING amount of clothes that fill an entire HANGAR. How on God's green earth do you get that with no paycheck?? I read an article online which talked about the Suds involvement with Steve Cartisano. For those of you who don't know who that is, he was really big in the teen-help industry in the 80's. He specialized in wilderness programs and he basically scammed a whole bunch of parents for money to "help" their teens. A 16 year old girl died under his care. He also helped outline plans for starting teen-help facilities. Cheryl signed a document saying that she'd pay him 3,000 dollars a month to help them start the program in  B.C. if he could guarantee they'd make $1 million in the first year. Now, they are OBVIOUSLY not in it for the money. That's why we were packed in the mansion like sardines. I had 4 roommates when I left!! FOUR! Plus there was the boy's house! At $42,000 a pop that's a helluva lot of money! I'm not saying that Cheryl doesn't, or never has liked kids. I'm not saying that Cheryl was never a troubled teen herself. I am saying that she was NEVER fit to take care of 40 + troubled teenagers. She has severe mood swings, she has huge self image issues (which she'd take out on the girls around her), she abused the use of prescriptions...the list goes on. Do I think she's evil?? NO! Am I looking forward to seeing her crash and burn? Of course not. But I am waiting to see her take some responsibility for the undeniably horrible and hurtful things she did to some of these kids and their families. Many parents went into debt and had to borrow huge amounts of money to send their kids to the Whitmore. Imagine how they felt when they found out that this was how their kids had been treated. The things written abotu Zita and Joey on this website...these are not isolated incidents. This is a HUGE problem. It's been an ongoing thing hush -hushed countless times. I KNOW that abuse went on at the Whitmore! I administered it and took it. I administered a LOT of it. I can admit it. I've tracked down and apologized to as many kids as I could. I hurt a lot of people in my time there, both physically and emotionally. If I should apologize to the people I hurt (under the Sudweeks care and sometimes under Cheryl's direction) then they should show they're sorry too. I was never physically abused there but I was verbally. I won't even bring any other kids names into it but from my own personal experience- I know that PLENTY went on. Just in my year there. Anyone who says differently is a damn liar.  If there is ANYONE who has ANYTHING to say to me or any questions to ask please reply or PM me. Sorry if this was a little long, incoherent and/or radical...I'm very tired. It's 4:14- I'm out. PEACE!

"Tha truth will find you out"[ This Message was edited by: Tha Truth on 2005-06-14 05:52 ]"

Well Said!

:nworthy:

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and also, for underscoring that this is an issue that has far-reaching consequences for all the people involved, but especially the children.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
uh..sorry..i figured people could realize who i was too..:cough:...its your southern bell...SARAH! anyways..to put off the everything else for a moment..whats been up???!!!

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Very, very well said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
Tha Truth:

Thank you--and you have put it as honestly as you could, and everyone can only respect you for that.
You will again be subjected to name-calling and all that.  Just as Rob has been on here.
Then, you will probably hear from Cheryl with her trying to confuse you--declaring her love one moment, and then begging and pleading and putting you a guilt trip  on you the next: asking HOW COULD YOU BETRAY HER SO??  All our kids get that from her. Try not to respond and get caught up in her vicious controlling cyle ever again.

She does not love you or our children that she abused so badly. That is the sad part--the woman probably does not know the meaning of loving children...or none of us would be in this mess right now!

You will be ok...as will all these kids so damaged by the Sudweeks...and Mark is to blame to, just as much as Cheryl.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »
Anneliese, thank you! That is such a compassionate and level take on things.

Here's a question. And I understand completely if you don't want to answer. But how has it gone for you connecting w/ other former students and apologizing? Do they understand? Are you coming to any agreement on how to deal w/ this?

I also don't want to see any harm come to any of these people, even the worst actors in the whole industry. There's been far too much sorrow and hurt already. I only want people to get an idea what people like these are all about before they fall for these Utopian schemes. Oh, and this reminds me of an old Irish prayer I heard some years ago:

Dear Lord, please bless the people who are kind to us feed us when we're hungry.
And help those who are hungry and sick make them whole.
And Lord, the ones who are cruel and hurtful to us, please twist their feet so we'll see them coming!
A-Men!

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
Thanks. I'm really not trying to have this as a "focus on me" time. I really want people to remember all the students who had it ten times worse than I ever did. Unfortunately, I've not been able to contact many of the students- but I have made progress with a few and, thankfully, a few have also forgiven me. It's difficult trying to determine how much of anything is any one person's fault- but when I've talked to any of the kids, they're very understanding and reasonable. I really appreciated that.
 I completely agree with you, this has been so messy. I just want it to be over so people can find soem closure. I don't want people to get off the hook mind you,  it's just that I don't want this to get any more hurtful to anyone. The Sudweeks have kids too and I'm sure it's hard for them with all this going on. Thanks again for your comments.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
Tha Truth,
The Sudweeks put their own children in the middle of this mess. The only innocent victim there is that little boy of the Sudweeks. Their grown children choose to work there, to earn money there, and to be a part of the Whitmore machine. They have a choice to walk away from it, to take their names off the STAFF sheet, and go get decent jobs that do not involve the mistreatment of children. The Sudweeks' kids as you call them are all adults, except for that little boy. They can choose to walk away from it all.

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
I definitely understand what you're trying to say. Most of the Sudweeks' children are old enough to make a better decision. I do feel sorry for their son. I wish she had made more time for him before all this had to happen. It's a really depressing thing for everyone concerned, but as you said they really are old enough to make the right choice. Thanks for your comments.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Think someone posted that the Whitmore has been in business since 1999 (don't believe all that nonsense about the Suds being in the teen help business for 25+ years!!!). That means this young son of the Suds has been living in the mess almost his entire life. Now that is an absolute shame.

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »
Actually, they HAVE been in the business for about 20 years. Before the Whitmore Academy in Nephi they had the lodge in Canada. They cut a deal with Steve Cartisano in the 80s to start there facility up there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RANT & RAVE
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
The Suds had a hunting/fishing lodge up in Canada, not a school for troubled teens.
The Sudweeks dealings with Steve Cartisano happened in the 90's not the 1980's...Cartisano is also Mark Sudweek's connection to New Hope Academy and WWASP.
NO the Sudweeks have not been in the teen help industry for 20+ years.