Author Topic: Fox News on WWASPS  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
On 2005-06-09 11:05:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"I am not Positive - but I expect this has to do with Henry Bushkin's cases. If so, then PURE has nothing to do with it. Altho Sue was involved at one time, she no longer is.

I think she is working with David Pollack on some Florida cases. She has got notices up on a couple forums to that effect.

I guess this could be about David's cases - I think he has filed already - but again, I am not Tcertain.

Maybe they'll tell us more tonight.

"

Many thanks BK .. I think I do remember seeing a post on the internet (or Fornits) about David Pollack looking for clients wanting to sue Lynne Pretzfeld (sp?) or something like that.  Are these the cases you are talking about? I thought LP was a WWASPS recruiter?

:???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
On 2005-06-09 09:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I just watched it... hearing that mother say, "I'm going to keep her here, absolutely"... this is so insane. I think about what this girl must have been through in the past 5 months, since she was sent away... why do parents fall for this shit?  :cry: "

Because it's very convincing! They send off a kid who's angry or distant and who, to their way of thinking, is certainly trying hard to mess up or end their lives. The next time they see the kid, they're docile and extremely happy to see them and are saying just what the parent wants to hear. The parent doesn't see how that came to happen. They don't "see" a kid dancing for their very life. They're constantly sold on this Utopian fantasey and they want to believe it.

Worked for the Nazis, too.

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
--George Washington

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
What time? Please post.  Thanks.

Faith is believing something you know ain't true.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline 69

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
the host said 'tune in tomorrow for part 3, the darker side of tough love programs'. Anyone know when this comes on???

The car reference was ridiculous. The seminar guy of course was talking about 'healthy choices' a wwasp keyword they use. Overall, it brought back memories and made me want to throw up, but I think it's good people are talking about it. What I'm really hoping for is some disgruntled student to go postal on Ken.  ::unhappy::

PS: WHAT WAS THAT CRAP ABOUT WWASP BEING A NONPROFIT ARE THEY KIDDING????

Offline `

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
On 2005-06-09 11:20:00, Deborah wrote:

"

The tricky thing about Kay's comment is that it is not equivalent to the cost of a G35 Infinity.

That price is PER YEAR. And how many years?

Anyone know the percentages... X% there a year, two years, three years, longer?

I know it varies, and probably based on the parents ability to pay, but it would be interesting to know."

he forgot to add in the post-treatment costs. for example, exit counseling once the kid and parents figure out what really happened. or, if no one figures it out, or the exit counseling doesn't help, figure in court costs for legal troubles, years of poverty because the kid can't deal socially so they don't keep jobs, homelessness from paranoia, the cost of legal or illegal medications to treat the intense inner persecution and pain experienced by many victims of brainwashing techniques, etc.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
TIME - anyone know what time this will be aired on FOX?

All religions have been made by men.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline 69

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
If its on Shephard Smiths show that is at 7pm ET

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
// .. I think I do remember seeing a post on the internet (or Fornits) about David Pollack looking for clients wanting to sue Lynne Pretzfeld (sp?) or something like that. Are these the cases you are talking about? I thought LP was a WWASPS recruiter? //

I havn't seen it on Fornits, but its up on other boards. Two I know of.
Frankly, I am not sure David Pollack knows anything about those posts. I do a little doubt it. Sue has a way of getting excited and taking such matters into her own hands. I know Henry was angry with her when she posted something similar about his case.
I've not ever seen anything actually from David Pollack's office. But I do know he is representing some TB students. He was on Montel with the girl whoes jaw was broken. Her case has been filed, I'm sure.

I don't myself know much about Lynn P. I have heard she transports kids and also that she sells the program.

// PS: WHAT WAS THAT CRAP ABOUT WWASP BEING A NONPROFIT ARE THEY KIDDING???? //

I can't get over that non profit business.  How can they get away with that?

// he forgot to add in the post-treatment costs. for example, exit counseling once the kid and parents figure out what really happened. or, if no one figures it out, or the exit counseling doesn't help, figure in court costs for legal troubles, years of poverty because the kid can't deal socially so they don't keep jobs, homelessness from paranoia, the cost of legal or illegal medications to treat the intense inner persecution and pain experienced by many victims of brainwashing techniques, etc. //

Write Fox and point this out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

// PS: WHAT WAS THAT CRAP ABOUT WWASP BEING A NONPROFIT ARE THEY KIDDING???? //

Buzzkill, it sounds like you just don't understand what a "non-profit" corporation is.

Non profit corps  are forbidden from passing profits   to the stockholders. There is nothing that would preclude the officers from making huge salaries and having big benefit packages.

For instance, The director could conceivably take a 300,000 per year salary with a housing allowance, an expensive car and paid expense account. This would not disqualify their "non-profit" status. They could put family on the payroll with big salaries as well.

"non-profit" doesn't mean no one is making any money.

Not even close.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »
I understand that.
Plenty of non profits have top dogs getting rich.
But I recall Jay Kay talking about the share holders (on the BBC interview)
And I am confused at how a non profit can have share holders - because shareholders get a percentage of the *profit* - Right?
Or maybe I don't understand.

But in any event - it does seem obscene for wwasp to be called non profit - as if they are some kind of charity or philanthropic organization.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »
WWASPS, IIRC, is just the umbrella orginization that does marketing and whatnot. I suppose the actual programs themselves pocket the cash?

I dunno. But I do know that investment in a program is probably a good idea considering how insanely high the revenue is relative to cost :roll:

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »
Did anyone see the second part?  I missed it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
I can't find a video clip of it on the Fox website either.  They seem to have given us just the first half as a taster.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
Yeah, everyone is having that problem with the web site.
There is a link for contacting Fox Reports - write and ask that the other two segments put up for viewing.
I'm trying to find out about getting a copy and if I do I'll let ya'll know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fox News on WWASPS
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Just saw part 3 .. it was about the investigation into Ivy Ridge and Congressman Miller.

Ken Kay kids lie.

What else is knew?