Author Topic: Excel's Excesses  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Excel's Excesses
« on: May 08, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »
I'm looking into the phenomena that go on at Excel Academy in Conroe, Tx.  I'm wondering if anyone can authenticate the claim that they block the exit doors at night with students sleeping on matresses.  I've been told that this is to prevent runaways.  But what about fire hazards?  What if those are the students that run away (as I was told happened at one point).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline formerexcelstudent

• View Profile
Excel's Excesses
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
I went to Excel. If  a student runs away, they are tackled by staff or their peers and sat on for long periods of time. Then they will probably then be verbally and/or physically abused (military knock...Jamie, the director with pound on their chest until the student has bruises). Next, the student will be forced to call home and tell their parents the attempted to run. Several staff members will listen to the phone call and force the student to tell lies...such as "I think I need to say here longer" or "I am on a learning experience so my punishment is that I have to wear a jumpsuit and I can't have freetime or sweets". The staff makes sure that the physical/emotional abuse is left out of the conversation. So there...thats what happens if a student runs away from Excel.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »