Author Topic: HOW MANY MADE IT?  (Read 2474 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« on: June 06, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »
I wonder how many kids made it to the end of program? How many kids from the courts made it? Would the numbers be the same for all rehabs? What would be the numbers for the ones who came back. To bad this info wasnt kept in some federal file cabinet that the fredom of info. act could be used for.
                   TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
I remember when I graduated my program at six months I was counted as a success. A year later I filled out a form showing that I was still a success. I don't think anyone was ever taken off of the success list; I guess if you left, and many kids did, it was thought that you had failed the seed, not that it had failed you. So Art could claim a 98% success rate. I would guess that of every ten newcomers, two would leave within a year, six within two years, and two at the most would stick around...

[ This Message was edited by: cleveland on 2005-06-06 18:36 ]
ally Gator

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
I graduated!

Aint ya proud!!!

:grin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Let's see here. I split after two years and, I'm pretty sure, very shortly before I would have graduated. But my brother graduated twice. Do I at least get to cancel out one of his graduations? Then there's the other brother who didn't graduate to cancel out one more. That would leave only one brother from the 6 of us, and his graduation was more of a bum's rush; "We give up, you're just not going to get it, you're graduated. Now get out and don't come back!"

Now that I think about it, it makes me sort of proud.

Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline marshall

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
I was a kid from the courts & I graduated. When I was there, those from the courts were usually kept on the program a few months longer than the rest. I remember two from georgia who returned for a 'refresher' course. One was the son of the person directly responsible for my going to the seed. My observation at the time was that the majority of those that started the program did graduate. What happened to them then is where it gets murky...how many stayed off drugs? How many started drinking? How many started, then stopped again on their own or via other programs? How many developed what the seed considered attitude problems? One oldtimer I knew thought he had screwed-up and was full of shit, blah blah...& felt guilty simply because he had been having sex with his steady girlfriend. This was after he'd been off the program for years. Encountering this sort of thinking strengthened my decision to distance myself further from program ideology. Something didn't seem quiet right to me about such thinking.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
I graduated in the requisite 90 days or so.  Was involved for maybe a year afterwards. Went on to other weirder controlling stuff.   ::stab::
[ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-06-09 11:49 ][ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-06-09 11:51 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline jlm86

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
I was in The Seed about '73, lost lots of memory from heavy drug use as teenager, went back to
NorthEast High School and continued messing up.
15 years later, almost dead, I found AA, and have
been sober almost 20 years now.

This was a traumatic experience in my life, feel strange talking about it. I was there when they move from the city out to near Alligator Alley.

Can someone tell me some specifics about this period. I remember being in the tent, lived with
a heroin addict in Miami for a while.
Actually, I was a really messed up teenager that
was way out there. I would like to revisit some of these thoughts/feelings.
I live in KY now with a beautiful family, live is
good, but still have problems with anger, depression ect...but blessed indeed.

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 05:21:00 AM »
I stayed in for 8 months but only stayed clean for 2 years. I sort of got messed up in the music scene.Went in military and had a breakdown and soon moved onto harder drugs and faced adjudication after discharge. I'm incapacitated. But still, since I sobered up and right in time I just take medication and stay with what I've learned with the Help of hings I learned from the Seed. Not actually any program. Just things that staff used to say in rap sessions. Topics and stuff. Them an internet education for 7 years of doing nothing but surfing I got to learn a lot about what I was in for. Plus I've had a lot of out of the paranormal things happen in my life. I escaped alive.  

If you think about why you hate me, you might find that it's not me.
--Antigen

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
I went to the Seed in 74 and graduated in 6 months.  I ended up staying there until the Seed closed.  I thoroughly enjoyed all of the years that I got a chance to be in the group and felt like I learned so much from the Seed.  I know there are plenty of you that did not feel the way I do but that was my experience.  

Also, Antigen I do remember you as a kid going to the open meetings with your mom but never remember you coming into the Seed.  I know you went to Straight but don't remember you at the Seed.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
HOW MANY MADE IT?
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
No, I never did go into the Seed. Wow! You stayed for all those years? That's practically unimaginable to me. I started looking for the exit by the time I was around 9 or 10.

I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious -- unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind and keep them shut by force.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes