Author Topic: Noelle ~ Now they're talkin' at Yahoo.com  (Read 5761 times)

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Noelle ~ Now they're talkin' at Yahoo.com
« on: October 18, 2002, 09:54:00 AM »
People, you guys might want to give them a little feedback at Yahoo.com. Noelle is the big subject there today. Here is their link: http://post.news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs ... daughter_1

and.... my 2cents...... http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?acti ... 5&mid=3856

Ken

[ This Message was edited by: ramprato on 2002-10-18 06:54 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Hagrid

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 02:18:00 PM »
I reced your poston the yahoo board. Everyone here should pop over and rec it.

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 03:24:00 PM »
Thank you.....:smile:

Ken

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 10:58:00 AM »
Can someone explain shortly on what is going on with her? I don't feel like reading a ton of stuff.. sorry.
usan Minns

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 02:30:00 PM »
Do yourself a favor Lady and point your search engine on Noell, and READ-UP. That is how we learn.
Great story, Family secrets, drugs, drug warrior hypocrisey.  
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 03:07:00 PM »
We should call 'ya "Lazy Jerricho"
Give me a fucking break--read the fucking news.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 05:49:00 PM »
On 2002-10-21 12:07:00, Anonymous wrote:
We should call 'ya "Lazy Jerricho"

Give me a fucking break--read the fucking news.

I wonder what you should be called?  Something unpleasant no doubt.

Anyway, Lady Jerricho, from my understanding the deal is Noelle was in some posh rehab for trying to get drugs with a fake prescription among other things, and the staff found crack cocaine hidden in her shoe.  The judge sentenced her to 10 days in jail.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2002, 06:30:00 PM »
Our fair lady, princess of the estate of Florida (Jeb's Florida, according to his ... ehrrr ... I mean the state's website) isn't in what most people outside of our funkly little brother/sisterhood, would call a posh rehab. It's just a normal, typical county/state funded rehab used frequently by the drug courts.

The big issue was that the staff declined to turn her in. Some of the other clients got wind of that and got pissed off and called 911. I listened to a recording of the 911 tape somewhere, can't remember where off-hand. According to the other clients, they were fed up with this little WASP getting special treatment. They said that they were trying to get their lives together with their kids at the facility and here's this spoiled bratt bringing crack around. They also said, if I remember right, that if it had been any of them they would have been hauled off in cuffs on the spot.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2002, 07:23:00 PM »
Geez people, can you not see the point me and anonomous both made?  I do think I said it a touch nicer, but I FELT the same way. Those who walk the world clueless simply say WHOA when something happens. PATHETIC. Those who maintain knowledge of current events can have some say in how they play out. Or at least not be shocked.
If somebody is too lazy to read up on something, I can assure you that they do NOT APPRECIATE the time you took to learn it, type it, then explain it.
Critical think folks.
The center for drug free living is POSH compared to SAFE right up the road.  My previous post called CFDFL posh as a relative term only.
Noelle is just like me in more than one way.  So is the pain of her family.  
I just wish they would use thier position to influence drug war policy.
Hey anon, you can set up a name and get more "cred" without giving a clue as to who you are.  
My afternoon rant.  I feel better now.
I just get very frustrated by our societies LACK of political, world and general store of knowledge. It does matter people.  We are about to go to WAR with a sovereign nation which MAY have nukes and ignore tough action on Korea who ALREADY has the damned things while we have PAID them 500 million dollars since 1994 to NOT build 'em.  Why?  Do you know.  You should if you want to have credibility dealing with the press, courts or government officials in STRAIGHT matters...
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 02:17:00 AM »
We are and have been for two decades an insular & provencial nation.There is a corrolary between what is happening to our democracy and what was being done to us in the cult.

Lifton's read about him.

THE DEMAND FOR PURITY - I think we all know how 'shrub' renounced his drinkin' days and his taste for white powders. He reads a Bible study every day, and prays for guidance. He percieves himself as chosen by God for this job, and openly proclaims his desire to see this nation more towards a more pure and godly culture.

CONFESSION - Ok ok, I had a hard time explaining this one in terms of a national process of thought reform, perhaps someone else can offer some ideas about how the Bushies are using this aspect?

SACRED SCIENCE- Surely we can all see how the Bushies hold their own ideology as the 'one true good message' and try to paint any other doctrine as evil, feckless and incoherant. Incidentally, the left wing of the democratic party is no better about this process.

LOADING THE LANGUAGE - They keep hoping that they can load the language, and to some extent the press really helps out with terms like 'Taliban Johnny', refusing to translate 'Al Queda' into English so that it sounds more spooky (incidentally it means The Base) or using the term Allah in place of God- for us it is God, for them it is Allah. It would be too great a burden to refer to their diety by the same name as ours, surely he could not justify such actions against us.

DOCTRINE OVER PERSON - Perhaps the best example of this on a national basis is the passing of Minimum Mandatory Drug Sentencing Laws in the eighties and to a lesser bu no less damaging extent 'Three Strikes' here in California during the mid ninties. The chance for an individual to be judged based on the actual circumstances of their crime  or alleged crime is removed in exchange for maintaining a doctrine of toughness and agressive sentencing. The people our system was designed to trust with these decisions, judges, are reduced to automatons enforcing a doctrine that is wholly different that the original one- The Constitution -which specifically and intentional placed person above doctrine.

DISPENSING OF EXISTENCE - For a good example of how this works in the real world today, watch the recent CNN special regarding the uprising at Maser-e Sharif. In particular listen to the CIA agents talking to John Walker, just at the end of the program, as they tell him that his choice comes down to one decision- does he want to die here, or somewhere else. His right to exist had been dispensed in the minds of those agents long ago- they were only hoping to get more info from him. They had  established i ntheir own minds that he was one of 'them' and not one of 'us' any longer. I make no claims as to how correct they may have been or not been.

"We are now trusting to those who are against us in position and principle, to fashion to their own form the minds and affections of our youth... This canker is eating on the vitals of our existence, and if not arrested at once, will be beyond remedy." --Thomas Jefferson to James Breckinridge, 1821. ME 15:315

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2002, 05:08:00 AM »
I thought that this closely the founders of the cult are tied to the Bushies, it seems to me that the concepts of Lifton's criteria are a pretty good explanation of how they intend to 'change' the country back into their idealized vision- something along the lines of 'Father Knows Best'.

The sad truth is, as far as I can tell, we were all just cannon fodder in their cultural war, our own personal problems were of no consequence. The grand objective of destroying all things liberal that grew out of the beat generation and those they influenced was the only thing that really mattered.

[ This Message was edited by: James on 2002-10-22 02:15 ]

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2002, 07:08:00 AM »
Man I am hyped on this one tonight.

I wanted to make a point about Lady Jerricho's request for a summary, and the respones that it triggered. For clarity's sake, I am not make statements about Lady J, or those who responded, but about my own experiences, and how these postings made me consider my own life.

One of the after-effects of the program for me was apathy towards seeking out information. I had this sense, sometimes conscious( paranoid) sometimes unconscious, that I was not smart enough or good enough to know some things. Or that some knowledge was withheld from me for nefarious or vague reasons- as it was in the cult.

I would pass it off to myself as my own choice. I was too busy to learn this, or had too little access to learn this. But as I began to wake up last year I began to understand that the cult had long-ranging effects in this regard.

I think that I had been programmed to depend on others to inform me, to tell me what to think, and to take responsibility for my exposure to knowledge.

The first of these effects to wear off was with respect to telling me what to think. I was happy to spout off about what I thought was right/wrong in the world, or in a forum or discussion with other people. But my opinions were most often woefully uninformed by anything other than my own cultic experiences.

The other aspects took more time, and even today I struggle with the stresses of returning to school, I want to go and learn, but I have great concern over being in a group environment etc etc.

That is all ...not sure it means much..but it is what crossed my mind. And before anyone gets defensive or offended by what I said, this is not about you, it is about my own process of learning what the cult did to me, what the cult-induced personality does inside me, and how my true personality is still there and is much different.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2002, 01:01:00 PM »
James, a key for me was finding what I wanted.  If you truly pick a school major or job which you love, the people around you will share this with you.
A nice group is involved in things you approve of, and enjoy.  Imagine liking going to work.
Then sign up. Enroll. Go.  Especially when it REALLY sucks.
Then smile.  Nobody can hold MY beltloop anymore...
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2002, 03:28:00 PM »
James,
  I think you'd find taking some college classes to be very stimulating and rewarding. I had a lot of the same fears and doubts about going back to college after Straight, and man, what a long, strange trip it's been...Never thought I'd be so fascinated by physics or chemistry, and actually apply those principles in my daily work. Never dreamed I'd be able to succeed academically. It's never too late, either. I agree with you about the learned apathy from Straight...tough to shake.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2002, 06:28:00 PM »
On 2002-10-21 11:30:00, Tampa survivor wrote:
Do yourself a favor Lady and point your search engine on Noell, and READ-UP. That is how we learn.

Great story, Family secrets, drugs, drug warrior hypocrisey.  

Bill
Oh kiss my butt! I have 4 meetings to attend to at work this week and I'm extreamly busy and don't have time to read and endless thread of pages that turn into a book! So bite me!
Thank you Kosmonaut for telling me though, I appreciate it
usan Minns