Author Topic: My Opinions  (Read 21613 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
Amanda, that's great you have come to see your program experience not as your were programmed to see it, but as it really is/was.  Any ideas on how to stop the madness?  Educate parents on why these programs do more harm than good?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Opinions
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
Never mind, Amanda. You ought to have got a load of me while I was in the drink. LOL

Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
My Opinions
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
I can only speak for myself when I say this but:
I forgive your "programmed" rantings.....been there....done that, myself. In fact if most of us stop and think about it ...we have all been there...I believe my favorite terminology used for this would be "emotional vomiting"....this is typical and very characteristic of someone that has been a victim of brainwashing or cult-like tactics(abuse).

I am proud of you for having the courage to admit it but I do not want or find it necessary for you to beat yourself up about it.

The best you can do now is be your own best friend and show yourself the love that you need!

I wish you all of the best for your life with this new revelation for your bright future ahead!

warmest regards,
-DP :cool:

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »
I think we've all been there and done it. Some of us don't ever get out of it...or worse yet...we still live and breathe it. Reality isn't always fun when it hits you after being out for some time.
Amanda...don't feel bad. It's part of learning.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
Yeah, Im on this great forum called End Institutionalized child abuse, but I think the best thing anyone can do is to be a good parent to your kids. Dont fuck them up and then expect them to handel puberty perfectly. Kids mess up and all teenagers are rebellious save a few. People need to change their mindset about how they percieve what a good kid is. Good kids usually reflect good parenting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
On 2005-09-15 23:34:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"I think we've all been there and done it. Some of us don't ever get out of it...or worse yet...we still live and breathe it. Reality isn't always fun when it hits you after being out for some time.

Amanda...don't feel bad. It's part of learning. "

So are you now agreeing buddy? I dotn feel bad really, I just want the people who read those horribly brainwashed posts before this one to know that even the most strong willed advocates for the program change their minds. Ive met so many people on other sites that are all "yay programs, shut up because programs "saved my life" and I feel nautious. I can see now how so many people must have felt on here trying to talk some sense into me! So I guess I just feel what its like in their shoes now and I no longer want to associate myself with that brainwashed person I was before. Thats all really.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
Well, guilt is part of how they sucked you in and kept you in, and even now you feel it after realizing the truth.

You shouldn't! YOURE the victim here, not the adults there who played the glorified victim for so damned long - don't sweat it!

But yeah, welcome to reality. Where people dont keep moral inventories, have mind-fuck seminars, and *gasp* DO engage in debauchery, recreational chemicals, distilled spirits and the smoke of various burnt plants.

So yeah, dont worry. We're here for ya  :silly:

I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious -- unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind and keep them shut by force.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
On 2005-09-24 16:31:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Well, guilt is part of how they sucked you in and kept you in, and even now you feel it after realizing the truth.

You shouldn't! YOURE the victim here, not the adults there who played the glorified victim for so damned long - don't sweat it!

But yeah, welcome to reality. Where people dont keep moral inventories, have mind-fuck seminars, and *gasp* DO engage in debauchery, recreational chemicals, distilled spirits and the smoke of various burnt plants.

I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious -- unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind and keep them shut by force.

"

Thanks! Yeah if anything I feel anger not guilt about being tricked and fucked over. But I can say I am happy with who I am now and I know who I am. I never really had my own identity in the program or locked in that mentality...

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
My Opinions
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
Wow! ye said a mouthful there. That was the hardest part for me is trying to figure out, "where do I go from here, now that I have awakened from this horrible nightmare?"
Then I remember thinking..... "I will go to myself."

I hope ye all get what I mean.

warm regards,
-DP

Being sleepy can impair someone's ability to do thier job.  People
can sleep at home and come to the job with sleepiness still in their system. The sleepiness can still be there long after the employee has slept. When someone is found to be sleepy on the job, they can claim that they went to sleep the night before.  The only solution to this problem is to ban employees from sleeping.

--Arthur Slabosky

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

"Well, guilt is part of how they sucked you in and kept you in, and even now you feel it after realizing the truth.

"

God, to think of all of the stupid assed things I said in social situations right after I got out of school. *shudder* I was SUCH an ass, and people hated me, or at least thought I was batshit nuts! I alienated SO many potential friends, and drove the ones who initially liked me away with all of my craziness and program-speak and lack of social skills. (And I had enough problems with social skills already, thank you.) I still bury my head in my hands in embarassment today when I think about it. Strangely, I blame myself, not the school, for being so stupid and gullible.

I'm right there with you on that sentiment, though. Welcome to the real world. Glad you could make it.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
My Opinions
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
On 2005-09-24 19:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

So yeah, dont worry. We're here for ya  ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2005, 07:24:00 AM »
Alright. Pick yourself up and live your life. You can do it. It's all about just putting yourself around people and it'll get better. You'll be "normal" again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
On 2005-09-26 04:24:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"Alright. Pick yourself up and live your life. You can do it. It's all about just putting yourself around people and it'll get better. You'll be "normal" again."

P Dog, surly you are not refering to me? As you know am (fairly) normal. And I do live my life, however these realizations and life changes are new to me and it sounds like they are to you too. The more I talk about it and stuff the more sense it all makes. Its not that Im a wreck or anything. Instead of feeling guilt though Im feeling anger. Ever since I realized how brainwashed I really was my life has been SOOO much better, and you know this man! Im supprised to hear you talk about this. I thought you were still all gung ho about all that??
Amanda

Dont muisunderstand, I you are my buddy, I hope Im not coming off like a bitch!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Opinions
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
I look at it this way. At the time in my life that other girls were doing disco, I was fed on another, even more bizarre culture. What a rotten thing to do to a kid.

But it happens to the best of us. That's the amazing thing. If you wander around these forums for awhile and get to know the regulars, we're a pretty random, diverse crowd. Not particularly dumb or smart, rich or poor, either gender, gay or straight, wild partiers or tee totalers, religious and athiests. But even those who consistently resisted had some expert tweaking done on our young internal switches.

And the mechanizms used on us were not alien technology or Dr. Moreau scifi. It's more like a perversion of normal, healthy social reflexes. If you understand how it works, you can see it coming a mile away.

Maybe 3 years after I got out, I fell for one of those job listings some pyramid marketing companies use to lure in desperate prospects. Soon as I got there I realized I was being kept waiting for my "appointment" which I would evidently be sharing w/ at least a dozen other applicants. Then came the rah rah meeting.

Then I knew it wasn't a job, but I just had to ride awhile to see where it went. That was a real eye opener! It was, down to the last detail, the same mindfuck. At the end of the day, my trainer told me he'd be in some kind of trouble if he brought me back to my car before he met his quota. That was after he told me he'd mortgaged the house and sold the family business in order to ensure success in his new enterprise, selling knock off perfume up and down the beach.

I shit you not, that was one of the more educational and entertaining days of my life.

Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By  any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.
http://www.masscann.org/quotes.htm' target='_new'>Administrative Law Judge, Francis Young,  DOJ/DEA

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
My Opinions
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »
Gung Ho? That's cute. Put it this way. I see both sides. I'm talking to anyone that has a hard time adjusting. I think I kinda sound like a bitch. I think that some of it applied and a lot didn't. I think that it was a too much for a lot of people. Am I for it? No. Am I against it? Yes. Why? Because it's too harmful.
Thing is, shit happens to everyone. Everyone's got a sob story. Life isn't easy. It's damn hard. It all boils down to; are you going to let it bring you down? Or are you going to roll with the punches. Knock every problem out as they come? There are a lot of fuckers in this world. However, those real shitty times sure do help you to appreciate the nice and easy times no? Yes. Life is not a big mystery. Live your life. Make mistakes, learn, grow, enjoy, laugh, cry, get mad, get sad, and appreciate.
Amanda, you have it in you to get over the shit that your stepmother put you through. What she does sucks. But there's no changing her. Do what you need to do and never be like her.