Author Topic: why can WWASP get away with this and not parents?  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
why can WWASP get away with this and not parents?
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S6192.html?cat=1

Man locked girl in kennel  
Updated: 02/10/2005 03:50:11 PM
VIDEO |  Print Story |  Email to a Friend

Eric Bare  
ST. PAUL  - A man who allegedly put a 13-year-old girl in a dog kennel for days at a time, hit her, read her diary, and strip searched her, was charged this week with unreasonable restraint of a child.

Eric Bare, 42, of St. Paul, admitted to child protection workers that he did lock the teenager in the kennel on two different occasions, once for three consecutive days, and once for seven consecutive days. Bare said that he "fixed up the kennel nice" and that it was "a suitable temporary living arrangement."

Bare is not the girl's father, but she called him dad, according to charges. The girl's mother, Deborah Lee Cameron, was also charged. Cameron and Bare have lived together for 10 years. The alleged incidents occurred in an apartment on the 600 block of Snelling Ave. in St. Paul.

The case began in January when police were called to the residence on a report of a girl screaming. When police arrived, the girl's mother told police she wanted her daughter taken out of the home because of behavior problems.

The girl told police that Bare locked her in a dog kennel, and police made arrangements for her to be taken out of the home.

A few days later, she told child protection workers that Bare only let her out of the kennel to attend school and do chores. She told the workers that it was cold but not freezing in the kennel, because she had a blanket. She also said that her mother knew she was in the kennel and brought her food and talked to her.

The girl also alleged that Bare stripped her naked and made her "squat to see if anything came out."

Bare told the workers he did strip her naked and make her squat because he was looking for contraband. He thought she had stolen a key and was trying to escape the kennel. Bare also said that the kennel was assembled over a drain in case the girl had to urinate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
This is just sick. I think putting an animal in a kennel in inclimate weather is terrible. These people should put subjected to the same treatment. WWASPS gets away with it for one simple reason....MONEY!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »
Welcome to the child abuse hate club, Chi3.  :wave:

All I ask is equal freedom.  When it is denied, as it always is, I take it anyhow.
--H.L. Mencken

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »
Niles,

Hi! I guess that you could say I've always been a member, just didn't know about this board.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 05:03:00 AM »
Money? Yep and the testimonials that say that we (graduates) were helped. CCM wasn't horrible. It was tough at times. But that tough was the emotional struggle I had with my issues. I'm sure this will set some people off. Be my guest.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
exactly!  You know if I had done what TLC did to my son, I would be in jail! Yet, we PAY them to treat our children like this and there are no legal ramifications!  Please!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
Devlin,                            You must learn to take what you read about certain programs with a grain of salt. You must subscribe to the National Enquirer or some similiar tabloid.Do you really think these places would be able to get away with such abuse for so long? Highly unlikly to say the least. You come here for help from such people as this ginger person and Sara , you will only be in more need of help.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
Since when did Ginger or anyone for that matter claim to "help" anyone?  You're really going to need to come up with some better material than that if you're going to try and keep pace with the rest of the trolls. :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
If Ginger and her brethren do not claim to help , what exactly is their claim to fame? Why was this board created? What is its purpose?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
No "claim to fame".  Just a message board for people to spout off, find some old friends and shoot the shit.  Why on earth would you be looking for "help" from strangers on a message board?

Show me anywhere here that Ginger claims to be anyone's counselor.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
WWASP has done this and they did get away with it - so far.
The place was closed down but no one did any jail time. Yet.

Anon - About Ginger: if she has done nothing else, she has helped get me thinking. I am sometimes irritated and aggravated - but I'm thinking. Often times, when I'm done thinking, I'm thinking she has got a point.
Other times, I'm thinking she must be stoned.

We are none of us able to do it all. Most of us do what we can. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. If we could just accept this fact and work together, we could get a lot more done.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
On 2005-02-11 08:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Devlin,                            You must learn to take what you read about certain programs with a grain of salt. You must subscribe to the National Enquirer or some similiar tabloid.Do you really think these places would be able to get away with such abuse for so long? Highly unlikly to say the least. You come here for help from such people as this ginger person and Sara , you will only be in more need of help."

this is how they get away with it (and this was confirmed by an agency that investigates these schools).  When the schools are not licensed or regulated by the state, it limits what options they have in conducting their investigations.  They cannot make surprise visits to the schools.  All visits have to be announced and "pre approved".  They cannot interview the children without the schools permission.  Because all visits by the investigating authorities are "pre-arranged" the schools are always in tip top shape and the majority of the kids that have been abused are not present during these visits.  They are removed from the campus, usually under the ruse of a "field trip".  The others that remained and were not subjected to extreme abuse/neglect as the ones on the "field trip" are often scared to talk for fear that they will become one of the poor victims.

This is NOT my opinion, this is what the social services department has told me.  Unfortunately, it is very hard to document.  But, eventually the light will shine and they will be caught, but because the law is more on their side, it takes time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
So i must have been mistaken by thinking I have read threads of so and and so from so and so ity isin so and so situation and posters such as ginger giving anti program rhetoric. Avoid the programs at all cost they say. The programs are all evil. they claim to know what they are talking about, but are ever able to call a situation right down the middle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
On 2005-02-11 09:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So i must have been mistaken by thinking I have read threads of so and and so from so and so ity isin so and so situation and posters such as ginger giving anti program rhetoric. Avoid the programs at all cost they say. The programs are all evil. they claim to know what they are talking about, but are ever able to call a situation right down the middle."

What??  I can't even decipher that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »
Let me ask you a questioN. iF I have no choice but to send my daughter to a program, what program would any of you find acceptable? Anyone?