Author Topic: why can WWASP get away with this and not parents?  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
why can WWASP get away with this and not parents?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
What situation would you find yourself in that you had NO choice????  You ALWAYS have a choice!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
Perrigaud, tough for you and your issues is one thing, but 1. "tough" isnt a quality or a necessity or a good thing, 2. "tough" can mean broken for most people if taken too far, and 3. CCM only worked because you were away from your parents, locked in, and actually had a therapist.

Most kids have no therapist, and do not get anything therpeutic out of being locked up, away from their parents. Did it work for you? Sure. For everyone? No. Most? I'd think not.

The seminars didnt screw you up, brainwash or break you. You didnt take it too seriously. Thats great! Do most do so even if told not to? Yes. Is that good? No.

Yes, it worked for you, and it wasnt as bad as others... but thats hardly something that should be used to sell a program. Most of it came from inside you anyway.

A lot in the whole methodology of the programs and the seminars has to be changed. It might very well not be "program"-ish anymore if it doesnt involve kidnapping and captivity, but hey, fuck the programs! Its about the kids that need help getting help, and those that dont not being there in the first place.

Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
-- John Muir

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
On 2005-02-11 09:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Let me ask you a questioN. iF I have no choice but to send my daughter to a program, what program would any of you find acceptable? Anyone?  "

Depends on your definition of the word "program". And what makes a good program of any sort depends on what the kid wants and needs. They have to want it or you're either wasting your money or kidding yourself that these strangers have some sort of magic to make the kid change their mind w/o breaking their will.

But there are plenty of really good trade schools, liberal arts schools, volunteer efforts, sport/hobby type camps and other sorts of programs that can 1) keep a kid safe, 2) give them a break from whatever they're into and time to think 3) failing that, at least give them an enjoyable time and maybe some useful knowledge, skill and experiences.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. The limit of oppression is determined by the extent of the endurance of the oppressed.
--Frederick Douglas

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
The "programs" are diametrically opposed to that, Antigen...

They keep them there against their will, and dont let them have any sort of pleasure or enjoyment that isnt directly tied to giving in to the program and the dogma that goes with it.

If they want a program, its not program-ey enough unless the kid suffers. People seem to balk at the idea of pleasant experiences being good for a kid.

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 05:24:00 AM »
Niles,
  Yet again you refuse to believe that the program actually can be fun. I'll say it and run you into a tizzy. The program was fun at times. There were times that were hard but what did you think would happen when you work on issues? Tough? Life is tough. Get over it. And I said it wasn't horrible. I didn't say it wasn't as bad as people make it sound like. Please. Here's some more for your thoughts. I'm not the only one that feels the way I do.
[ This Message was edited by: Perrigaud on 2005-02-12 02:27 ]

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
On 2005-02-11 08:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Devlin,                            You must learn to take what you read about certain programs with a grain of salt. You must subscribe to the National Enquirer or some similiar tabloid.Do you really think these places would be able to get away with such abuse for so long? Highly unlikly to say the least. You come here for help from such people as this ginger person and Sara , you will only be in more need of help."

Or maybe Dev was watching the local channel 5 news - which you would know if you read before you spouted off.

Someone else already said it - this is an open forum: for people to spout off, discuss, debate, and maybe offer friendly advice.  Take it or leave it - it's a free country, pal.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
Tell Sara The sky is purple. Wait 5 minutes and then read her post:                             I went to the Dollar Store to pick up some replacement batteries for my refurbed WebTV and while waiting online I decided to buy The National Enquirer at wholesale price. I learned from reading that magazine that the sky is purple. I can not believe that all this time the evil  parents of the world have kept this knowledge to themselves.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2005-02-12 08:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Tell Sara The sky is purple. Wait 5 minutes and then read her post:                             I went to the Dollar Store to pick up some replacement batteries for my refurbed WebTV and while waiting online I decided to buy The National Enquirer at wholesale price. I learned from reading that magazine that the sky is purple. I can not believe that all this time the evil  parents of the world have kept this knowledge to themselves. "

Actually, the sky is sometimes purple at sunset. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Sara,                                                             If you only listened in those Special Education Classes, There would be a brighter outlook for you. You are sadly reduced to typing false scholastic statements along with your fabricated propaganda. Tell me this Sara. What if any program did you attend/ graduate. Did you have your child Ecorted to a program but then got him out because he /she crid it did not resemble the Holiday Inn enough for him /her?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2005-02-12 10:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sara,                                                             If you only listened in those Special Education Classes, There would be a brighter outlook for you. You are sadly reduced to typing false scholastic statements along with your fabricated propaganda. Tell me this Sara. What if any program did you attend/ graduate. Did you have your child Ecorted to a program but then got him out because he /she crid it did not resemble the Holiday Inn enough for him /her?                                                 "

Do me a favor - do us all a favor... talk to me when you can form a coherent thought.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
I guess some questions are too tough for Young Sara. I say young because I saw 1984 in your file.Many would say she is young, do not give up on her. But many would also have to agree that many, many, just never grow out of their ways. So DARN SAD!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
On 2005-02-12 12:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I guess some questions are too tough for Young Sara. I say young because I saw 1984 in your file.Many would say she is young, do not give up on her. But many would also have to agree that many, many, just never grow out of their ways. So DARN SAD! "

Actually, some trolls are just too easy!!  Ya bore me!  Now piss off! :rofl:

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
Im only 21. And? Age aint shit. It's about experience.

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
On 2005-02-12 16:34:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"Im only 21. And? Age aint shit. It's about experience. "

Really?  It has been 3 years or more since you left CCM?  Curious...why are you on this forum?  I wonder why a reasonably well-adjusted young woman (quite a ways from being a teenager, really) quite vehemently defends a lifestyle that even she admits is "not for everyone", although WWASPS makes no such distinction.  

I am quite sure you have no financial interest to be served by defending WWASPS program.  Knowing how WWASPS keeps everyone from contacting one another after graduation (except fawning parents), I am surprised that you continue your strong defense of an experience so many years ago.  

My child was in Casa for nearly one year.  It has been nearly 2 years since she was first sent away.  She now has grown to have a good life, and strongly prefers to leave WWASPS in her past.  My involvement in trying to halt the possibility of such places to send recalcitrant teenagers is not shared by her.  I wonder what motivates you to support the program so much, when you fully admit that your benefit had a lot to do with time, your maturing, and your own strong attitude.  Why would you want the experience for the majority of not-as-strong children who are locked up there?

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
Well Spots. My reasoning is that I am for and against the program. I consider myself lucky to have been able to go to CCM. I hated CBS. I believe people should see both sides of the scale. Unlike your daughter, I remember and acknowledge everything that has happened in my life be it positive or negative. Anyhow, my main motive is to keep people informed of all aspects of the program. Yes my will helped. However, the program had to do with some of the thinking I do today. I do credit them for the aiding in my self reformation.