Author Topic: The ring  (Read 33492 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
you may have been helped but that program was abusive. fuck peter rowe and his eminem wannabe bullshit. like what is he forty years old and still dressing like a wigger, thinking he's some badass gangsta? he lives in maine, so their standards for gangstas might be low, but where i come from, even urkel's more badass than peter rowe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Marina

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
I'm glad to answer your question. How was Peter Rowe abusive? You're getting me started here.

Peter Rowe's way of gaining "repect"was through intimidating, emabarassing ppl, throwing ppl's areas on their faces. What type of help did Peter Rowe offer to ppl in his groups? He used his group time to talk about athletics (since when this is an issue?), about rap and about shooting ppl down (oh yeah, he's really good at that). I never liked Peter Rowe although I was afraid of him. But the day he lied to me and told me that my father was calling me names and I almost stopped talking to my father for that reason, I realized that he's cruel. He enjoyed shooting ppl down, blowing ppl's visits, you could just see the expression on his face, it was sick.

Talking about "being sick", this guy traumatized many girl's self-esteem, either making humilliating comments about them being overweight, unadequade or whatever. He flirted with others. Pete had this strange way of picking his favourites, mostly the best athletes and the pretty girls. Everyone pretty much wanted to be down on his favourites list cause you'd be able to get away with lots of shit and get extra privileges. Then again, he liked to fuck with ppl like he was making dorm-charts (combining ppl that didn't like each other).

His GM's were always very abusive. He humilliated ppl, he got into ppl's faces and made them believe that they were completely worthless. I'm sorry but most of these ppl aren't worthless, they have a lot opf potential, he souldn't encourage them to think of themselves like that. I got so many GM's ran by Pete that I began to believe him. Thank God I learned to ignore him and believe myself, otherwise I'd be traumatized up to this day, like many ppl have.

He ran most of my origins group in which he made many racist comments that would take him straight to jail. How can a person run origins groups If all he could do is make fun of ppl's culture and degrade them? How do you think it feels for a person to live in a completely different country and have them feel as If they are secluted from the society because they are different? Does it make me less cool just the fact that I have a Brazilian accent?

What's so cool about Peter Rowe anyways? He dressed as a tennager, just like they said, a total Eminem wannabe, eating twizzlers, jelly beans and sweedish fish in groups and chewing them with his mouth open with his feet up on a chair. He looked ridiculous with his long hair contrasting with his bald spots. I'm not just talking about his physical appearance, I'm talking about him overall. When it came down to his personality, all he had was his self-centered ego, there wasn't much else.

Maybe he did help a few ppl (never heard of it, but sure, maybe Freddy Konopasek might have a different opinion than mine), but he traumatized lots of ppl too, especially females and ppl with self-esteem issues. That's one person that I can't forgive up to this day.

Fuck You, Peter Rowe! For all the shit you've put us through!

I think you should ask more ppl, don't just go by my opinion. They'll tell you stories similiar to mine.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
The ring
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »
I was in the 3-house GM with Matt Miklautsch.  Despite the GM, I think Peter Rowe was likely guilty of the stuff with Matt and that other Jeff kid, both of whom came down to our house.  Elan probably helped him cover it up.  I could see Tania doing that.

From what I know of Tania and Peter, neither of them should be in charge of children.  I was in the house with Sam Vange and when he told me that Elan (Tania) had stopped his sister from attending her father's funeral, I was almost sick from disgust.

As for that Tracy Mendonides woman (doesn't the last name sound like a disease???)... no comment!

[ This Message was edited by: Peter Moore on 2004-02-04 13:43 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
Marina, I was in 8, but a girl named N.B. actually went down there for the day because her mom didn't have enough money for white water rafting. She was a little overweight, but not by much, the only reason for the extra weight was the fattening Elan food and the lack of exercise, because she came there skinny. But anyways, she was told that she was not allowed to eat the brownies by some petrified e-7 girls because Peter Rowe would book her and give her a VR. I heard that all e-7 girls were put on diets automatically by this guy upon coming in the house. Was this true? In 8, you were only put on a diet if you were morbidly obese, or if you asked, up until 99, anyways. If Peter Rowe really cared about helping students lose weight, he should have changed the menu, and had people exercise more.

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »
MArina,
    I am sorry for all tha tyou went through. At the time I was there I was the "star" basketball player and did recieve many privleges that others did not. I very quickly learned to play the game to survive. After I grew up after Elan I finally saw through all of Perters smoke and Mirrors. When I was struggling after I called  Peter many times, and not once did he call back. Tania, Terri and Hiram all did. Hiram is one of the most incredible people I have ever met. I also believe Tania is misunderstood but her heart is in the right place. Sometime I will tell some stories of Peter that are fabulous, just great examples of the fact that he is a complete loser and uses Elan to make himself feel better.

Marina, I am glad you shared that with me, it shows that others saw through his shit. Race, religion, beliefs, and apperance should never be held agaist another, especially a child who is trying to find themselves and are obviously struggling to do so. There is a time for tough love, but no one can survive without encouragement and understanding.

Offline Marina

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »
Hey yo! I'd love to hear your stories. You sound like a very open minded person.

About the whole "diet" matter, it was Pete's sick way of labelling the overweight girls. I never had this issue in my life, until I was submitted to the Elan greasy food, especially considering that when you're in Elan, you don't have anything to look forwards to, except food. The food goes in dichonomy, If you're an expeditor, you get pizza and soda, I mean, ppl are rewarded with food. I'm not much of a runner, so, of course I gained a few extra pounds. I've managed to loose them before my graduation and I've been taking good care of my body, thank you. I still don't understand why he made such an "issue"about it. He just liked to make me feel worst about myself. He did that to many girls. I don't recall of any boys being put on diet LE's yet there were many boys who were overweight... That's Peter Rowe sexist bullshit again.

I don't hold this shit against him reguarding to my part because I got over it, there's not much he can do to damage me anymore since I realized that he no longer has power over how I feel about myself. I don't need Pete's degrading comments to take care of my body and have a balanced diet. I do it because it makes me feel good. But I feel bad for the girls that he did traumatize and also for the humilliation that he's continuing to put ppl through.

Changing the subject: Yes, Peter Moore, Tracy Mendenites is a fucking bitch! I can't understand why the fuck an English major graduate got a chance to come back and abuse kids. In my opinion, she came back as a staff member so she could be vindictive and abuse ppl back from a position of "power". Why don't Elan hire ppl who have at least some experience and, of course, a degree in psychology? It's obvious that someone like Tracy M isn't well qualified to run therapeutic groups and deal with troubled adolescents.

Peace!

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »
You are such a well traveled person Marina, where are you now. All the culture you posses intrigues me. My spelling is horrible so you must forgive me. Was the cook still fat Bob? Wow, the food could not have been worse. Sheppards pie topped with lard, the only meal I could eat was sunday brunch, and I loved the lower you were on the dicotomy meant you got scraps left over. And what the fuck kind of pizza was that, it was so bad? But damn, it sure tasted good to me compared to the Elan food. Do you know that Prison food is better and healthier? THe state requires it. Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
The ring
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »
A good thing about Elan was that you were usually judged by your present behavior instead of your past.  Isn't that right, Tracy?  Dumbass.

Offline Marina

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
Do you guys remember the meal evals? Don't you think that they used them to prove that the quality of the food was decent? I don't know about you guys, but I'd always say that the meal was horrible! I decided to become a vegetarian after I worked at the kitchen and realized we were eating class D meat. Nick White used to say that the meat was so nasty that we could hear it "Moooo".

I remember John, the old cook but when I started working on kitchen shifts, Joanne was the head chef. I hated her food, but she was such a nice lady. I gave her such a hard time not knowing the names of kitchen utensils in English. Tania thought I was playing dumb, so I was put on this LE that I had to work in the kitchen like every other day. It felt good to be out of the house and we even got to listen to radio while working. Anyways, I had to pretend I hated it so they'd never put me off this LE.  Joanne and I became good friends, she even showed up for my graduation. Who remembers her?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
Folks,

I was searching for a friend & her daughter when I cam across your posts - the daughter happens to be named Tracy Mendonides b. 03/22/1997 Chi., IL - she was first lovable in 1984, & then an obnoxious teenager in 1988, but then the TM you refer to may not be the same person...

The TM I knew was half greek, 1/4 jap, & 1/4 irish !!!

Reply to "[email protected]" only if your obnoxious TM is my obnoxious TM.

regards

koshy george
bangalore, india

Offline Marina

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
Yeah, Tracy was half-greek too. I think "obnoxious" is a very soft word when reffering to that bitch. She was plain cruel. Anyways, she went to Elan as a resident in the mid- 90's and she came back in 1999 as a staff member. She was good friends with Miluska Martinez, Diane Jacobs, Becky Formol(sp?) and she had a special friendship with Peter Rowe. I hope this might help on your search, I'm sure she's still in touch with them.

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »
do you know an email address for HIREM???? :question:  :question:

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »
why are you looking for tracy?

Offline SyN

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »
Jenny!!!!  Still broken? hope your better!
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »
SYN--
what do you meen? Still broken?