Author Topic: President Jimmy Carter  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« on: August 20, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »
If only Jimmy would run again.  I'd vote for him in a heart-beat.  He'd rid the US of  the republican and democrat thugs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline A Call To Action

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 08:44:00 AM »

I completely agree.   Best read president.   His mom joined the Peace Corps.     He created Habiat for Humanity, an international organization that really works for people, in comparision to USAID, that's just off.   He opened up China incomparision to Bush, jr. who closes US interests in other contries.  Well, that's half true,  the amount of contracts that Bush, jr's supporters are getting for work funded by the U.S. in the middle east is astounding.

There is a website called www.John Kerry is a Douche Bag But Im Voting For Him Anyway.com that really sums it up.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
On 2004-08-20 05:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If only Jimmy would run again.  I'd vote for him in a heart-beat.  He'd rid the US of  the republican and democrat thugs."

You have got to be shitting me.....He ran this fucking country into the ground, economically, militarily. During his term this country was dam near in depression. Granted I believe he is a good and noble man but not the right person at all to run a country more of a ambassador type than anything. Look at the way he handled the whole Iran hostage situation....please

arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

"If only Jimmy would run again.  I'd vote for him in a heart-beat.  He'd rid the US of  the republican and democrat thugs."

I doubt that although a good guy, he is extremely partisan.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »
Jimmy Carter may have been a nice guy, but he couldn't run the country. He thought everyone in his government was as honest and self-governing as he was. He was really a great guy. My commander in chief but look at what happened to everything in this country under his administration.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »
It was sort of like the garden of Eden. Ever read the playboy interviews?He took the most historical loss in his attempt to be re-elected in History. He wept too. :smokin:

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060007761/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Mike007

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 03:32:00 AM »
On 2004-08-20 06:37:00, thepatriot wrote:

"

You have got to be shitting me.....He ran this fucking country into the ground, economically, militarily. During his term this country was dam near in depression. Granted I believe he is a good and noble man but not the right person at all to run a country more of a ambassador type than anything. Look at the way he handled the whole Iran hostage situation....please

Sarasota Straight Escapee

"

Sarasota:
  Like all the other harsh critics of Carter, you conveniently ignore the historical facts:
(1) In Fall of 1978, OPEC tripled the price of oil, from $12 to $36/barrel. That action was as a cartel, outside the normal forces of supply-and demand. That literally affected the price of everything (I was there.) So you blame Jimmy Carter for hyper-inflation??
(2) You blame Carter for "running the country into the ground", despite the fact that he was just the President, (dumbass...)  The Legislature makes all the laws (perhaps you weren't aware of the fact.)  The legislature controls the budget, not the President, so how do you blame him??
(3)  The Iran Hostage Crisis was caused by sub-human camel-jockeys over-running the US Embassy, in violation of many centuries of diplomatic protocol, custom, and complete violation of International Law... So you blame Carter??
  How would YOU have handled the hostage incident, if YOU were President?  ...Send-in Rambo??
  You could better serve yourself, and everyone around you, if you would try - for God's sake at least TRY - to get your head out of your ass.
  Mark Tulk,
  Lansing, Michigan,
  [email protected]

the war on drugs is but one manifestation, albeit a very dramatic one, of the great moral contests of our age -- the struggle between two diametrically opposed images of man: between man as responsible moral agent, 'condemned' to freedom, benefiting and suffering from the consequences of his actions; and man as irresponsible child, unfit for freedom, 'protected' from its risks by agents of the omnicompetent state.
--Thomas Szasz

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
Sorry Mike but he did run the country into the ground, during his term was one of the most apethetic times in our nations history as far as the dumd ass comment....good one little boy typical bed wetting liberal lashing out sorry I frustrated you but hey its may opinion so lets agree to disagree.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »
And by the way there Mike as far as the sending in Rambo part, he did make a last ditch effort to send in a special ops team that failed befor the choppers got off the ground. If you would have bothered to read my other posts you would see that I said Crater was a good and Nobel man probably one of the mostt intelligent men we have had in the white house but when it came to running the country he was spineless and way too trusting of others in office and on forign policy.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »
And onre more thing you have to be in the population of about 50 Morons that actually thought Cater did a good job.....There you have it you are one special guy there Mike. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Mike007

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
To Patriot:

Understanding that you may in a hurry, or pissed-off, or something, I've gotta ask that you take a moment to proof-read before you post.  
  Anyone can make a "typo" or two, but what you have written above is so riddled with typing and grammatical errors that it is difficult to understand:  
  "...I said Crater was a good and Nobel man..."
 [I think you meant "Carter" and "noble", right?]
"...during his term was one of the most APETHETIC times in our nations history..." [Caps added]
  So what is "apethetic", honestly?? Did you mean "pathetic", or perhaps "apathetic" ??  
  In either case, the statement is meaningless.  Individuals can be apathetic (or pathetic).  I suppose if a great number of people were collectively apathetic, it could be said that the nation was apathetic, but you present nothing to substantiate your statements.
  That is correction of a small fraction of your errors in the two posts above.
  You are a champion of vague, bullshit generalities.
  I was as specific and precise as possible.
  I did not say that Carter (or "Crater" as you call him) was a good President.  I did defend him against your typically brainless generality, your accusation that he "ran this country into the ground".
  I know about the ill-fated Special-Ops attempt at "rescue mission", that got caught in a fierce sandstorm, aborted, with casualties.
  You, however, didn't answer my challenge:  What would YOU have done, if YOU were President.
  You accuse Carter of being "spineless and way too trusting of others in office and on forign [sic] policy..."  You don't bother to be specific, provide example, or to otherwise substantiate your statements.
  I watched, on live TV, when Anwar Sadat (Egypt) and Menachim Begin (Israel) shook hands, in a gesture of peace, at the signing of the Camp David Accords.  That meeting was hosted by President Carter, and would not have happened but for his skills in FOREIGN policy.
  Granted, the Middle East is still a shit-hole, as bad as it's ever been, but until they figure-out that their problems are caused by overpopulation and limited resources (water, land) it's gonna stay that way.
  The Camp David Accords were a start, at least.
  Sadat was assasinated as a result of that compromise.
  To summarize, you are a chicken-shit, and I will say that to your face.
  As stated, you are a champion of vague, bullshit generalities, never substantiated.
  Please do try to correct your spelling and grammar.
  Mike 007  
[ This Message was edited by: Mike007 on 2004-08-23 19:29 ]

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 08:01:00 AM »
Apathetic (Ap`a*thet"ic) (#), Ap`a*thet"ic*al (#) a.
[See Apathy.]

Void of feeling; not susceptible of deep emotion; passionless; indifferent.

Well as far as the spelling goes that is the only thing of substance....did I spell that right? that you could come up with out of my post. I have obviously hit a sore spot with you in the fact that you can't accept somebody has a differant take on a time in history than you. Like I said Crater was and is a good and Noble man who means well....is that spelling ok(what the fuck are you a English teacher ? :wave:  :wave:

Oh I almost forgot Deborah....MIke...Mike Deborah, you two would be a match made in heaven if you could get past your self righteous egos.

[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-08-24 05:02 ][ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-08-24 05:06 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »
did a google on it neva mind.... :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
President Jimmy Carter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »
Hi Again, Patriot:
  Thanks for the constructive criticism.
  The spell-check you requested (in part):
 "damn" (not dam), you're (not your), using "God", rather than "god", is usually stronger.
  Thank you for your attempt to be more specific, but as I first wrote, the hyper-inflation (or "double-digit" inflation) which pushed the "Prime" (loan rate) to over 20% at one point, was directly, undeniably caused by OPEC tripling the price of oil in their cartel-meeting in September '78.  That increase was immediate, from $12 to $36 per barrel.  
  That was the first time gasoline cost more than a dollar-a-gallon at the pump.  Within a few days, the price of EVERYTHING went up, drastically.
  (Thus the "Oil Crisis of '79" that you transcribed from the list provide to you by Rush Limbaugh.)
  More than half of the stats you quote ("misery index", etc.) are properly attributed to OPEC, not Carter.
  ... Since-when is it any of our Goddamned business to interfere with revolutions in Nicaragua, Benin, or Zimbabwe?
  You blame Carter because the Rambo-Wanna-be's in Delta Force weren't aware of the fact that there are sand-storms in the desert occasionally??
  We have all suffered, terribly, because the fuckin' Panama Canal is now controlled by Panama, haven't we??
  ( I think we oughta' give Washington D.C. to Latvia, actually ...  got an argument against that??)
  Hey, man, you are probably an interesting, likeable guy...  You've just got your head up your ass, that's all.
 - Mike S. (Mike007)