Author Topic: Coddling Noelle Bush?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Hagrid

• View Profile
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« on: April 13, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
This is a blurb from a story that is strangely no longer on MSNBC. Did anyone copy it before it was removed?

Coddling Noelle Bush?
Oh Noelle, Oh Noelle...
"Some people are questioning why Noelle Bush is attending a cushy drug rehab center, rather than a much tougher, more controversial one supported by her father.
Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has repeatedly endorsed SAFE, a controversial drug rehab program that has been the subject of lawsuits and media exposes. 'SAFE is a very tough program, so much so that former participants have characterized it as so strict and rigid that it's cultlike," says Rick Ross, who writes about it on http://www.cultnews.com. "And although Governor Bush has supported the program in the past, he apparently didn't lobby for his daughter to attend SAFE.'"
Read the rest at Jeannette Walls Delivers the Scoop - Tgoday's Gossip at MSNBC
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »
If I remember correctly, this story is pretty old...so it may have just fallen off the radar at MSNBC.  Nothing too strange there...but sorry, I dont have a copy of it.  

To be honest, I think that blurb pretty much sums up the whole story anyhow....I dont think there was ever any resolution as to why he put her where he put her instead of SAFE...I am fairly certain they did not obtain comment from him on this.

I think this came out before she was caught with that 8-ball in her sock while in treatment too.  That whole situation fell off the radar even quicker than her first offense!
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »
well if Noelle would have just attended Straight in the first place should would have had a legal RX for the xanax she was busted with.

The world is so exquisite, with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's no good evidence. Far better, it seems to me, to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
--Carl Sagan

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Father Cassian Newton

• View Profile
    • http://www.goat.cx
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »
You know, I'm pretty hurt that Sembler didn't make Jeb send that little druggie slut Noelle to the new, improved, all-ages, faith-based Straight, Inc. v2.0.  Well, that's a kike for you. No gratitude.  Fucking Christkillers.
am a priest of GOD

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »
I think Noelle Büsh is a perfect example of the reality of treatment not incarceration. I heard it through the grapevine (a friend who used the same hair salon... real gossip mill stuff, I know) that Noelle had a valid RX for Xanax, but Daddy controled her supply and wouldn't give her the pills when she needed them. So she was shopping around her friends for donations. Sounds just about right for a Program parent.

the war on drugs is but one manifestation, albeit a very dramatic one, of the great moral contests of our age -- the struggle between two diametrically opposed images of man: between man as responsible moral agent, 'condemned' to freedom, benefiting and suffering from the consequences of his actions; and man as irresponsible child, unfit for freedom, 'protected' from its risks by agents of the omnicompetent state.
--Thomas Szasz

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coddling Noelle Bush?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
Yes, I heard that as well.  Just like a bush...controlling the supply.  JEB! and the republican fascists that run Florida are controlling the supply of many "things", like

- counseling for parents of infants that are born deaf and or blind.  This counseling assisted these parents with overcoming the challenges of having hearing/sight impared infants and children;

- affordable housing trust fund dollars that are derived from a mere few dollars on the sale of real estate in Florida.  Over the past 10 years, this trust fund has assisted over 150,000 low and moderate income Floridians purchase homes.  This assistance came in the form of down payment and closing costs.  JEB and his cronies want to abandon this trust fund, use the money that is currently in the fund to fund some esisting programs and give that same amount in tax breaks to the wealthist 2% of Floridians.

I could go on, but thinking about his is upsetting my stomach.  Look for more JEB info on tactus.  See ya................

-