Author Topic: CEDU kid that hung himself recently?  (Read 16667 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU kid that hung himself recently?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 03:16:00 AM »
John Avila
Rocky Mountain Academy
d. July 25, 1994

Source:
http://teenadvocatesusa.homestead.com/tribute1.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 05:13:00 AM »
Yeah, My friend John hung himself with his commissary issue size 40 belt off of a water pipe in the Camelot dorm. They hushed it up and we watched The Mask and ate ice cream. It was bad, and a terrible day, but I won't forget and one day the people responsible will pay. You see he wasn't killed by the system, he was killed by people in the system, a couple kids and a staff member too blind to see how hard the kid was being fucked with in the dorms. John wasn't a tough kid by any stretch, just a chubby ugly kid, maybe a little slow. He just didn't know how to take being bullied, and didn't know how to fight back. When I was transferred to another school down the road, he lost more than a friend, he lost a protector. He just couldn't take being bullied any longer. I wish he would have taken a pipe to John Reynolds and Jeff Mitchell's heads. Then he should have shoved it up his team leader's ass and broken it off somewhere north of his heart. Oh and by the way his team leaders name was Bruce Wilson, married to Shannon Wilson, living in New Hampshire or some shit now. Mitchell lived in Detroit, and I'm not sure where Reynolds lives, but one day they will pay for what they have done...... Yeah, I'm naming names, I'm calling them out, I'm tired of this bullshit, ya ya ya I was xxx counselor at cedu....I used to work at cedu.....fuck that and fuck you, have the balls to say who you are, are ya scared that you may have once done something to a kid who doesn't forget???? I'll bet you watch Sleepers and hide under your bed. I watch Sleepers and clean my guns.........one fucking day justice will reign and it will reign in blood.......but not enough of their blood will ever wash away ours. I'm out.......Oh, I'm a pussy...Mr. anonymous am I, if you have read down this far, put two and two together, don't be an idiot. Not saying I will, I probably won't, unless I develop a fast acting cancer....I did time once, not in the mood to interact with the convicts in this life. Going against the staff and system is one thing, watching your ass in a shower full of violent men is another altogether.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »
Hey early BCA Man, what is your name, we would have been there together, after all, There were very few peops when I was there......Julie Stewart, Summer Young, Hayes (chuck) Cooney, Andy Fleming, John Gruhn, Noah, Will Gonyea, Dale (Jordan) Calderer, Kyle Carlson, Piroska Sebestyen, Craig Sutherland, Hannah Garfield, Laura Vines, James Schuell, David Levy, Rowan Theilman, Aaron Goss, Jessica Johnson, Tennile (Laurinda) Bryant.
The staff were Kathy Sample/Turner, David Hampton, Lori Rist, David Hafter, Joe Gallagher, Doug Ratelle(thursday raps) god I can still remember those, I still can see that spit on Dougs lips as he verbally pulverized us. You will notice my name is not among those students, you can figure it out.....I was the one on the full-time chopping that stump for a month and a half. I was the one who used to flush the other dorms toilet with dental floss just to hear Andy get wound up. I was one of them who caught the grain train to Spokane, and I was the one who was the first to finish the whole brainwashing ordeal at BCA. Names in parenthesesare Mel's little thing of "change your name, change your life" what a crock of shit.

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Jack1963 on 2004-08-01 15:24 ]
ack

Offline Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »
John is dead, he killed himself, there is nothing anyone can do. Suicide is the easiest murder of them all. It would be impossible to prove. I do need to find his parents, because every year flowers need to be placed on a headstone in Texas..........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »
There is another Boy in Texas who needs flowers on his grave. The Boy who was killed while being restrained at Brown School defunct "On Track" program

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »
John Aaron stands out to me as possibly one of the weakest people I have ever met. He was tough on kids, but I would like to meet him down at the local watering hole. I will admit, there were some okay staff, but they still had to toe the company line. I won't forget the ones that stood tall for me. But, while I was their buddy, they would turn on others who weren't as strong or as smart, and give them a dose of shit. These people are not terrorists, they operate much more like a violent gang. Cut the head off, the puppets will fall. The Brown schools have a lot of money, even if they are in the red, money may hurt them, but there is no way to truly hurt them mentally. I want their hearts to hurt, like no pain on earth before. I want them broken and bleeding on their knees, I want them too feel as we have. You see the problem with fear is that 50% of the time a person completely cows down, and the other half of the people find hatred, and in that hatred find direction. I think CEDU thinks the ratio is different, that everyone is scared to open up about it. They are wrong. Cause I'm here, and I'm now, and I ain't running. Chuck Selent????? hahahahha, he might scare some city slicker, but I was raised country and that's who I'll always be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 02:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"When I was transferred to another school down the road, he lost more than a friend, he lost a protector. He just couldn't take being bullied any longer. I wish he would have taken a pipe to John Reynolds and Jeff Mitchell's heads. Then he should have shoved it up his team leader's ass and broken it off somewhere north of his heart. Oh and by the way his team leaders name was Bruce Wilson"

You've got your facts mixed up.  I was at RMA at the time, and Reynolds and Mitchell had nothing to do with what happened to Avila.  Reynolds was friends with Avila by the time he killed himself, for christ's sake, and Mitchell had long since moved on and quit harrassing people.

Avila hanged himself on Friday night.  That morning, during raps, Reynolds and Avila and me were all together.  Just before the rap ended, Reynolds got up and talked to Avila, asked him why he looked so down.  Avila sort of dodged it, didn't really answer, and it was getting to be lunchtime so everyone was hungry and just sort of let it go.

RMA had a fucked up system to handle this sort of thing.  The staff weren't well trained, and many of them weren't very smart.  Rick Snyder was running the rap that day and his fucking cafeteria sloppy joe was more important than figuring out what was wrong with Avila.  But John Reynolds did what he could inside that system to help Avila - it just didn't work because the system didn't work.  

I'm curious to know who you are, too.  As I remember it, Avila didn't have any defenders except Dave Stites and Bruce.  By "down the road" I assume you mean BCA, and I know Stites never went to BCA.  You don't have to say your name if you don't want to, just give me some hints and I'll figure it out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
what was Bruce's team?? was it spectrum?? Tony had vision, or did John Aaron run spectrum?? I think that was it. Caroline had all the dirtbags, holy shit I can't remember what the teams were named. Who's team room was the hobbit? Goddamn I forget that shit. Sheila Claremont, Ned Murray/Tony Allmaras, John Aaron, Bruce Wilson, Caroline Wolf, Fred Thompson, I think that's all the team leaders I can think of right now. What were the teams?? Vision, Spectrum, I forget. Hmmm. I forget, all I know is that Mitchell did not grow out of his bullshit, he kept it going the whole time, and I would assume Reynolds may have been able to, but I'm not real sure. As for me, I was in 57, so I knew all about Mitchell, we shared the same big brother. It might be you, I don't know. Jon Kernis, pg 54. what pg was Ariel in? like 55 with elizabeth lindsey. All I remember about RMA was how gay it was. Everybody had a little clique. The team concept was more in vogue up there. I think I talked in like 5 raps the whole time I was up there. Got my ass chewed twice, once for spitting in Nick Bates' fish tank and once for referring to a black basketball in a rather discriminatory way. Shit I forget about good ol' RMA. Nah, I was only gone like a month when John hung himself, and nobody changed their shit that fast. Dave Stites was good dude, I do remember that. I often wonder how the hell Dave Turner made it through RMA without beating the shit out of somebody. He could take some shit now, that dude got fucked with hard, but he was always cool with me. Nick Bates was solid, there were some good dudes there, but I really didn't like very many people there, probly because I was so young when I went away. I think Chris Garrett, me, Hannah Garfield, and Dale Calderer were the youngest kids there. You'll notice we all went to BCA, I was pissed at the time, but it was probably the best fit for all of us, although Garrett went to CEDU middle, then CEDU high after he went to Ascent from RMA. Shit you probably remember Russ Vernon telling Rick Snyder off in front of the house, that was a good day. Rick called Bingo did he not?? And what was that staff Nicole's last name, not the nicole rowell that came way later, but the nicole that ran the weight room. Shit it's weird trying to remember RMA, although that swimming pond sure was a dandy, it sure didn't look like that in the picture. I think RMA had canoes, but all I remember was that old wood dinghy or whatever it was.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
Nicole Bailey?  She had to leave RMA or she was going to die of a stroke.  I remember the stress getting to her and I was very  worried.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
"what was Bruce's team?? was it spectrum??

Venture.

As for me, I was in 57, so I knew all about Mitchell, we shared the same big brother. It might be you, I don't know. Jon Kernis, pg 54.

No, it wasn't me.  I was on Bruce's team and PG 58 with Avila.  

once for referring to a black basketball in a rather discriminatory way. Shit I forget about good ol' RMA.

Heh, I think I remember that.  Good times.  

Nah, I was only gone like a month when John hung himself, and nobody changed their shit that fast.

Things changed fast back then, man.  A couple months seemed like a long time.  I was only at RMA for 8 months but it seemed like an eternity.  My friends said they barely recognized me when I got home (brainwashed lol).  A lot could happen in a short time.

Shit you probably remember Russ Vernon telling Rick Snyder off in front of the house, that was a good day. Rick called Bingo did he not??

Yeah, those guys fucking hated each other.  Rick was creepy as hell, I loved his stories about when he got robbed for his coke in L.A. and he walked around with a .357 full of hollow points for like a year in case he ran into the guys that did it.  I felt bad for his kids.

And what was that staff Nicole's last name, not the nicole rowell that came way later, but the nicole that ran the weight room. Shit it's weird

Yeah, that was Nicole Bailey.  She was alright.  Once she was sitting around with me and like 3-4 other guys, and she advised us to never touch a girl's head while we were getting a bj.  Thanks RMA.

although that swimming pond sure was a dandy, it sure didn't look like that in the picture. I think RMA had canoes, but all I remember was that old wood dinghy or whatever it was.

I don't think there were any canoes when I was there, just the little swimming hole with the dock.  I remember looking at a brocure for RMA on the plane when I was going out there, and there was a picture of a sailboat on a big lake.  When I got there I found out that they used to take a couple kids out on some staff person's boat once every summer, but they don't anymore.  Still had that picture in there to fool the parents though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
Shit, remember Jeff Biddle?? That dude was cool as hell, I went to BCA with his cousin, who was just like him. He didn't have real good luck outside, don't know if you heard about that. Godammit I should know who you are, I'm sure we chopped quality wood together. It can't be Siegel, I think he was on vision with me, but I'm not real sure. And was it Garrett Bozylinski and Nick Matrazzo that split and one of them was eighteen and they were talking about slapping kidnapping on him???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »
Shit, remember Jeff Biddle?? That dude was cool as hell, I went to BCA with his cousin, who was just like him. He didn't have real good luck outside, don't know if you heard about that.

Yeah, Jeff was a good guy.  Don't know about anything with him after he left.  I'd like to hear what happened, though.

Godammit I should know who you are, I'm sure we chopped quality wood together. It can't be Siegel, I think he was on vision with me, but I'm not real sure.

Not Siegel but you're close.  He was a good friend of mine.  I feel stupid being all secretive like this, but after reading some of the posts here I'm a little paranoid about CEDU.

And was it Garrett Bozylinski and Nick Matrazzo that split and one of them was eighteen and they were talking about slapping kidnapping on him???

Nah, it was Chet something, he was over 18 and he still ran into the woods like he was afraid they'd  come find him.  I heard Garrett turned up on a fishing boat in Puget Sound.  I don't remember Nick - was he maybe the guy who split with Lee W.?  Lee split before I got to RMA, and whoever he was with didn't make it back, went somewhere else.  

I haven't thought about this stuff in a long time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »
Nocole was involved in local sexcapades and was divorced