Author Topic: CEDU kid that hung himself recently?  (Read 16874 times)

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
CEDU kid that hung himself recently?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
J----- D. Is that you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »
Weinstein.... That was the all time best last name, he came back to RMA before I left, but I'm not real sure what the hell happened to him, he sorta dropped out of sight.

He just kind of kept to himself at RMA, and I don't know anything about after.  He lived in my  dorm room, he was a solid guy, and Reynolds was friends with him, but Lee and I didn't get along too well.  I was just sticking to the rules and trying to convince everyone I was better so I could get home, and he resisted every step of the way (at least until I left).  I guess he though I was a kissass and a sellout.  

I'm sure people who knew they were in Idaho for the duration had a much different experience than I did.  If my parents hadn't promised me early release, I doubt I would have handled RMA the way I did.  But they dangled that carrot in front of me, and I saw that my clearest way out wasn't a late-night run into the woods with only my wool blanket for company.

Hey, Mark Mount made it to Alabama didn't he?? he may have left when I was there, I can't remember.

Don't know, I remember hearing about him, he split with a guy who came back after about 6 months or so.  I can't remember the other guy's name, the one who came back.  I know they got to L.A. and were living on the street (that's why the other guy came back, it  sucked, predictably I guess).

Uhm, On a sad note, Jeff was executed in Las Vegas. Deal went south or something.

My god that's fucked up.  Jeff was a really good guy, he was really easygoing without any of the fake hardass bullshit some people tried to pull.  I hate to think he got killed like that.  Do you know any details about it, beyond what you said?

Remember Cenci and Martinez??

I remember Cenci, he was like the secret fourth member of House of Pain.  Supposedly he had to go in his backyard and dig up a pistol on his first homevisit.  Don't remember Martinez, though. I think he was gone by the time I got there.

Obie Goodman.... I always think of him when I am in Kalispell, MT, him and Shannon the redhead.

Yeah, Obie as I recall was one of the only people ever to split and make it home, mostly because he lived so close.  Are you talking about Shannon Campanero?  (OMG the Sunkist shirt she had, holy shit)  Or was there an older Shannon maybe, not nearly as hot?  Can't  remember.

"J----- D. Is that you?"

Nope.  Don't even know who that is.

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-10 23:47 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »
do you have any information on the cult that ran cedu from 82-85? i have tracked them to cascade academy where they shut down to avoid lawsuit. i am a victim of these nazis and i can tell you what really went down in running springs under michael allgood and wife

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
I'll be anonymous also yay
With subjects like Siegel, Reynolds, Kriz, etc how come we have not brought back the good memories of playing ping pong in the house - fun times.  A good way to pass time.  That and Curt Olson's wacky games he would create.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
so ya what ever happened to Matty S?  Also I wonder how Ed Kickham is doing - he was pulled during my stay - a good guy.

I think I was a peer group or two AFTER yours if that rings any bells ding ding.

And I spoke to Stites recently, I should send him to this link.

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
.[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-10 23:48 ]

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-10 23:48 ]

Offline JehniJoon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2004-03-19 11:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"One of the kids that is or was once at one of the schools died in a car accident - I have heard nothing of another suicide - thank God"

If you're talking about Heather W. she was my friend. She was driving down the mountain (or so I was told) from Running Springs and went right off the side of the mountain. She was one of the most caring and sweet people I've ever had the chance of knowing.
      As for my friend Kati G., she killed herself after she got out of CEDU. The program didn't do shit for her because she still wound up in a bathtub full of blood. The only thing that makes me feel better about her death is that she was too beautiful for this world.
       RIP MY BEAUTIFUL ANGELS :cry:
ehni Nelson: Head of the House Commitee (HA! HA! HA!)
CEDU victim: 1997-1999
REVOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I\'m your friend till the end!

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »
even if kati did get shit from cedu, it wasn't strong enough to combat her powerful sense of self-loathing.  kati had been enrolled at cedu because she had severely low self-esteem which lead to an eating disorder and suicidal tendencies (and more.)  kati was a very soft and gentle person... "synanon tactics" were not ideal for her; her love for herself was not strong enough to resist the harsh criticisms presented by both herself and her environment.  consequently, this approach would only make kati feel worse about herself and her situation; what she really needed was someone to help her love herself (not someone to give her more reasons to hate herself.)  
this just goes to show how thoughtless and ineffective these standardized processes can truly be... any psychologist/therapist who has a high rate of success recognizes that every person is unique, and thus each individual requires a personalized approach.

have you guys ever heard about my old cedu buddy david attias?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... A25263.DTL

by the way, to the therapist who started this thread: having werked at cedu isn't something that you need to be forgiven for... i mean, you therapists kept most of us sane.  it's how you werked with the kids that may or may not have been evil.  if there's anything else to beg forgiveness for, it's having left when there were lots of kids who needed a compassionate shoulder to cry on (rather than a sadistic one.)
RIP[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-06-09 15:03 ]
aura solomon

Offline jaszm232000

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »
Hey this is Julie Stewart-Who is this? You forgot John Gruhn. I think that was his name. Always use to flip out. :???:
pen minded girl

Offline jaszm232000

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
NEVERMIND- :lol:  :lol: I know who you are!!!!!!!1
pen minded girl

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Yeah, ol' Gruhn, and Hayes (chuck), Andy, Priedel, Vines, Summer...... the good ol' days. I just remember that bigger chick that tied that shoelace around her neck, I thought she was gonna die before I finally got the scissors around that shoelace. I still remember that. I think she went to Pinecrest/NIBH. That was fucked up. That and Maria the cutter. That bothered the shit out of me, I know it was a game, and all that, but she had that fucker down to the bone, with scissors or something.

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »
On 2004-06-10 16:04:00, Hell on Wheels wrote:

"Yeah, ol' Gruhn, and Hayes (chuck), Andy, Priedel, Vines, Summer...... the good ol' days. I just remember that bigger chick that tied that shoelace around her neck, I thought she was gonna die before I finally got the scissors around that shoelace. I still remember that. I think she went to Pinecrest/NIBH. That was fucked up. That and Maria the cutter. That bothered the shit out of me, I know it was a game, and all that, but she had that fucker down to the bone, with scissors or something."

Yeah the cutters always bothered me.  I remember one time we came back to the dorm and it was covered in blood because some kid slashed himself up with a shaving razor.  I remember quite a few kids that had problems, this other kid that I "moved in (big brother type deal)" slashed his wrists up in the bathroom one night and freaked out everyone in the dorm (he lived).  Thank god wasn't my dorm, woulda bugged me out to.