Author Topic: Wilderness Quest positive testimonials from students  (Read 1051 times)

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
Wilderness Quest positive testimonials from students
« on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
http://www.wildernessquest.com/testimonials/

Testimonials from Students, Parents & Professionals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...words are so inadequate when it comes to expressing my gratitude. How do you thank someone for giving you back your most valuable treasury - your child? Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Carolyn, Parent --
Los Angeles, CA

"I thank you for opening my eyes to see beauty for the first time since I was a child."

Stacey, Student --
Idaho Falls, ID

"I'm happier than ever just to be alive. Thanks for saving my soul."

Nicolas, Student --
Boston, MA

"Life with Amy has certainly changed. She acts with confidence and isn't afraid to speak up. We get along so well, She seems genuinely happy and comfortable with our family."

Lynda, Parent --
Denver, CO

"I was impressed by the family exchange of feelings and understanding that was able to occur in such a short time. It was obvious that the students returned from their wilderness experience thoroughly understanding the "circle" and "agreement" methodology. In no time you taught this to their parents and siblings and from then on, all communication was on a level playing field. It was heartening to observe the growth in family love and understanding."

Ceel Kenny, Educational Consultant

"I left with new confidence in myself that I never had before. Thanks to this program, I have my family, my self-respect, and best of all, I have myself back. I honestly think that this program saved my life and gave me something back that I don't think the lockdown facility could have; the skills to live a better, healthier life."

Kristine, Student

"Before this trip I couldn't give two hoots about my parents. Now I love and respect them. I never realized how much love and care my Mom had for me."

Jeff, Student - Redmond, WA

"Larry Wells is a gifted instructor...he helps students confront the stress of new challenges and demands. More than this, he encourages them to squarely face up to what they learn about themselves and derive the fullest measure of self-discovery from the wilderness experience. I have seen how much he has done for and with young people, and I would be happy to see any of my children spend time in the wilderness with Larry's program."

Mitchell S. Rosenthal, M.D., President, Phoenix House Foundation, Inc. -- New York

"Thank you for taking time with me when I was hurting so very much. I thought our lives together were over. It's true that it is often "darkest before dawn." I now enjoy life with my son."

Reidel, Parent - Kansas City, KS

"Hugo and I will never regret sending Joe to Wilderness Quest and we will always treasure the time we spent together with you as a family. I know you at least planted some seeds with my son and what you did for us as his parents is immeasurable."

Jan, Parent - San Francisco, CA

"I tell parents and kids that my family is better, stronger, and more loving because we are now more honest. My son is alive, safe, and drug and alcohol free, happier and more self-confident because of his time with you. He takes time to consider consequences and makes decisions for the long term rather than for immediate gratification. You do good things for kids and their families. Your compassion and dedication to the whole child is what makes a difference."

Kate Goins, Educator and Mother

"Bruce and I are so very glad to have Kristine home and doing so well. Both of us know it would not have been possible without Wilderness Quest. We are thoroughly convinced had Kristine not attended WQ we would have lost her to drugs again. In Wilderness Quest, she was accountable for her actions, worked the 12-step program and learned how to deal with being an addict. Through the WQ program, we see a daughter that has learned to think of how her actions affect those persons around her as well as herself. It hasn't been peachy keen every single day, but we are learning to appreciate each other, to trust ourselves and to trust each other."

Jane Blevins, Mother

"You have made me appreciate that in a strange way, the hardship we have experienced in the past few years has been a blessing in disguise."

Arlene, Parent - Redding, CA

"I can't believe how much Wilderness Quest changed my life. I find myself applying communication and physical skills that we learned down there to everyday life. My family holds circles and when we do, it's amazing how effective they are!"

Brandi Poulsen, Student
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Wilderness Quest positive testimonials from students
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
I find it odd that such testimonies like those from Wilderness quest are almost the same regardless of the programs nature. Personally I would believe statements made on Myspace or Facebook a lot more than those unconfirmed testimonies you can find at almost any homepage. Can you believe them?

Here is a an example:

I attended Foreland Hamlet back in 1994. At that time I was a disrespectful youth, who even rode a bicycle without helmet.

The people at Foreland Hamlet learned me good values to establish a life on and despite me making more errors along the road, I always found the solution among the solutions I learned while being committed.

Heather Graham, Boston

Kirstin: Test this program and you will horrified.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Wilderness Quest positive testimonials from students
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I find it odd that such testimonies like those from Wilderness quest are almost the same regardless of the programs nature. Personally I would believe statements made on Myspace or Facebook a lot more than those unconfirmed testimonies you can find at almost any homepage. Can you believe them?

Here is a an example:

I attended Foreland Hamlet back in 1994. At that time I was a disrespectful youth, who even rode a bicycle without helmet.

The people at Foreland Hamlet learned me good values to establish a life on and despite me making more errors along the road, I always found the solution among the solutions I learned while being committed.

Heather Graham, Boston

Kirstin: Test this program and you will horrified.

Oscar you have been duped by your own kind.  Foreland Hamlet is a parody site similar to the fornits Wiki sites that you set up.  The telling signs are the use of the words/phrases:  detainee, paper mill, gulag  etc.  Programs and their sites do not use this terminology and is an obvious tip-off to parents that the information is not valid and/or was written by teenagers for the intention of discrediting the industry.

Your internal language differs greatly from the outside world but you are so use to it that you don’t see how different it really is and how it separates you.  If you ever actually spoke to someone who worked within the industry you would know that they don’t refer to the programs as gulags nor the kids as detainees etc.

The testimonials on wilderness quest site are very accurate and the terminology used is consistent with how most people speak (outside of fornits).  People lose site of this a little bit, here on fornits, mostly  because the language used here is a little different and therefore may seem a little odd to many.  The same as Gulag, detainee seem normal to fornits people the same words would seem a little odd to outsiders.