Author Topic: Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons  (Read 19128 times)

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the helpful links . . . I've got some reading to do!

Toni
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »
Please note that I am not related to any of the Thayer facilities !!  (well, maybe back hundreds of years, but I don't know 'em)

Toni

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »
mormons are retarted

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
I'm in Melbourne. Last night here on tv I saw a uk program, BRAT'S CAMP, about wayward English kids who were sent to Red Cliff Camp Utah USA to be 'reformed'.
  The word MORMON was not referred to once. Can we assume that this organization IS Mormon? Is everything in Utah bloody Mormon?
  I reckon Mormons by and large are a bunch of kooky zealots, whose muscular theories are questionable, secretive, forceful and patently absurd.
  I'd sooner turn my kids over to Charles Manson and his female acoylytes!
  My name is andrew and I am at [email protected]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »
If interested there is a discussion with folks from England about Brat Camp at Sociopranos:
http://www.sociopranos.com/forums/threa ... 25&start=1

Not much activity lately, but 13 pages of dialogue with some of the parents.

Redcliff counselor speaks out:
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... &forum=9&3

There is another of these marketing campaigns in the works here in the states. Funded by Shapiro Productions:
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... &forum=9&1
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »
On 2004-10-20 19:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The word MORMON was not referred to once. Can we assume that this organization IS Mormon?"

Well, most of the individuals are certainly mormon.

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »
I live in Utah, but no, I'm not Mormon.  I don't know of any Red Cliff Camp facility in this state.  However, right now, some UK filmmakers are here at Turn-About Ranch filming English kids in the program.  They screened some 5,000 applications.  

I think staff will all be acting just perfectly in front of the cameras.  And all of this glorification comes after sexual abuse reports that were quietly swept under the carpet.

No, this facility is not owned by the Mormons, it's owned by "corporate offices" in Los Angeles, Aspen Education Group (education, what a fraud that is as part of their name).

Toni

Offline Mondamin0603

• View Profile
    • http://publish.hometown.aol.com/_cqr/qp/qp.adp?time=1098547278&cc=english&prompt=profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
Shit after being at PCS I'm afraid of Mormons.I won't even go snowboarding in Utah. Damn I miss my pleasant thoughts of that state.

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
I should have said too that Aspen Education Group is Jewish . . . just like all Jewish enterprises these days, they seem to be running the show in this industry.

Toni

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
The Mormon Church - officially known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - has absolutely nothing to do with any of these programs.  Some are owned and opperated by people of that faith in the State of Utah (because 50% of the people in Utah are of that religious persuasion). Provo Canyon School (PCS) is owned and opperated by Universal Health Systems.  They have no affiliation with the Church. At one time the LDS church owned LDS hospital and Primary Children's Hospital - but they no longer own them.  The LDS church is not affiliated with this industry.  Robert Lichfield is Mormon - and he is the administrator of the WWASP empire.
I don't believe that religion has anything to do with any of this.
One of the principles of the LDS faith is Free Agency - and the Freedom to choose.  These youth programs take Free Agency away.  

A.M.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
I don't think anyone maintains that the Mormon church, per say, owns, or is directly involved with this industry. However, it is required of every Mormon to tithe; that is, give 10% of the gross income to the church. And so, in this way, they have a connection to the very profitable industry of abusive and neglectful programs; as the owners and operators are Mormon. And so one can reasonably surmise 10% of the 90 million+ goes to the Mormon church each year. And this would just be wwasp. Not insignificant, is it?
One might suspect the Mormon church is looking the other way; Pretending ignorance for the sake of the tithes. I am Not saying this is so. I have no idea. But it does seem possible.
Now, if the LDS are offended by the abuses and neglect that so often take place in these programs, they have the power in Utah to get it stopped. You have a state legislature that will listen to the church and a church that will listen to its people - So Utah  - Do something.
Unless its true the church condones abuse and neglect, as well as fraud, as long as it enriches Mormon coffers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »
Again the outright discrimination and bigotry against Mormonism and the programs expressed here in this forum is the fruit of the uneducated minds of ignorant people trying to restore value of a wasted life of self indulgence by saving ?program abused? kids and kissing babies. The majority of you ought to be professional politicians who love to be seen by the world and its media/press doing the same.  

You think that by bashing anything that requires self-discipline as part of its model or holds up a standard to strive for, that you are the new Bob Dylan?s of the 21st century. You think by attacking a religion or programs for kids that teaches at its core the time honored values of virtue, honesty, and self ?mastery, that some how you are the bearers of freedom. You are in fact the Ministers of the secular Humanism; the religion of victim-hood and self-destruction. Your only real philosophy is anarchy and you are really just rebels looking for a cause and what could be more convenient then to become the saviors of children spoiled by a society of excess and over indulgence that you call freedom.

The ?sins? of the Mormons theology to you is that it teaches that you are saved by the grace of Christ after all you can do. The ?after all you can do? part requires one to cross ones self amidst ones own vices and human failings and deny yourself and take up your cross as Christ taught and strive for a higher standard. This is the truth and the truth sets you free to live peaceful lives filled with purpose and value that isn?t ruled by drug addiction, alcoholism and any and all other isms that hook both young adults and the old through this misuse of personal agency. These isms (addictions) are the ever-present fruits of the so-called freedom from any standards or authority that you all seem to profess and promote here. Most of the writers here profess this slavery to addiction and abdication of personal accountability as ?freedom? like the hippies did in the 60?s as they indulged themselves in a culture of addiction to there own demise.

Your real problem is you hate anything that requires personal accountability and you find this embodied in this case of the Mormon Church (of which your ignorance is plain to see ) or in these adolescent programs that require standards and structure. Your real problem is one of self hatred and your need to find value in a life of wasted potential through this philosophy of do whatever you want and then some how your saved by the grace of Christ and you are personally accountable for nothing. Your philosophy is empty and your arguments here nonsensical.  

You all profess that by doing nothing or requiring no standards in the name of freedom is the path to success either in raising children or in the dogma of religion. The old something for nothing, the oldest bankrupt philosophy in the world Is your anthem and this is your forum. Your bigotry and assumptions are common and the path you follow here is wide and filled with ignorance and arrogance, but very popular in our pc culture and just as predictable?.as Christ taught wide is the path and easy is the way to destruction and many go thereafter?But hard is the way and narrow is the path to eternal life and few be that find it. I suggest the way is hard and the path narrow because it requires all ones heart, might, mind, and strength to master oneself and follow Christ in the name of true freedom through discipline, obedience, and mastery of self. True freedom is always known by its virtue not is indulgence.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »
You must live in a binary world, 1 or 0, anon.

No, we don't go against anything requiring self discipline or responsibility. We are not against honesty.

I'm sure some of us are secular but thats not a bad thing unless you're a conservative religious person. I'm not going to say anything about your bible thumping because frankly its irrelevant to this issue.

The issue is about the accountability and honesty of the programs, and how they operate. About how they are accused of being dishonest THEMSELVES about many things, like money, how they treat the children in their care, how they come out from the beginning saying that your child will complain about the program to get out so don't believe anyting they say. That makes it impossible for them to get help if they are actually abused and there's nobody in there looking out for them... thats wrong.

They have to be accountable too, not just the kids locked up in those places.

We're also not against accountability for kids or punishment of kids, but we are against them being kidnapped, locked in some place, having thier parents turned against them, giving them no way to call out for help if they need it, no way for people to check on their condition, and no rights. We're not for 'restraint' (submission holds and pins, that are extremely painful, and I'd KNOW I've done Juujutsu) being used as corporal punishment when they do things like stand up without permission or ask to use the bathroom, smile, or look out a window, or pick up something someone else dropped. We're also against those damn seminars that emotionally beat the people in them until they are broken down and brainwash them.

So, you tell me, what needs the lesson accountability?

Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods. Here grow the wallflower and the violet. The squirrel will come and sit upon your knee, the logcock will wake you in the morning. Sleep in forgetfulness of all ill. Of all the upness accessible to mortals, there is no upness comparable to the mountains.
-- John Muir

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
The issue is about the accountability and honesty of the programs, and how they operate. About how they are accused of being dishonest THEMSELVES about many things, like money, how they treat the children in their care, how they come out from the beginning saying that your child will complain about the program to get out so don't believe anyting they say. That makes it impossible for them to get help if they are actually abused and there's nobody in there looking out for them... thats wrong.

I have a question or two for you, since you seem so sure of yourself; first, how can it possibly be taken as any measure of intelligence that you base your entire argument off of accusations against a person or persons? Do you truly have any experience with the programs at all? Because you read People Magazine and they say something is wrong, it's immediately wrong? You're throwing away your brains and stuffing your head with paper, friend. The truth is, the programs do work; I should know, I spent three months going to school on the campus of Carolina Springs Academy, and I've been there to see the best and the worst of the place.

It's true that the programs work on maybe 7 or 8 of the kids that are sent there, since truly all the work is done by the kids themselves, and some kids don't want it to work, so it doesn't. But then again, I've seen the programs do some amazing things, and it's all personal progress. There's no "brainwashing" involved.

The two or three kids who don't use the program to their advantage? Of course they are going to go back out into the world and whine to anyone who will listen; they were taken away from things that "they loved" (sex, illegal drugs, violence, obsessions with death...the list goes on, sit down and listen to a kid actually in the program and making any progress, and you will hear a horror story not of abuse by staff and administrators, but pasts that, while upset that they needed such drastic measures to rid themselves of, they'd never go back to) and forced to stay away for two years or more.

For those kids who want to able to destroy themselves in these habits, they will say anything, even that grown men have beat them and raped them, to get out and get back to impregnating teenage girls and injecting themselves with every vile substance known to man. I've seen it happen, seen these kids outright lie to the press when I know the truth, which is probably a lot more than you can say. Are the programs a miracle-worker? In some cases, yes. Do the kids whose lives were saved by the program love it? Again, it tore them away from the lives they knew and made them better; some people can be rather bitter about that. But then, you'll se plenty of kids who support the programs; the various media simply decide to conveniently ignore them, as they don't exactly fit their "TEH PRGRAMZ R EVIL" drivel; or worse, claim these decent individuals are among the ranks of the zombie brainwashed children, which is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We're also not against accountability for kids or punishment of kids, but we are against them being kidnapped, locked in some place, having thier parents turned against them, giving them no way to call out for help if they need it, no way for people to check on their condition, and no rights. We're not for 'restraint' (submission holds and pins, that are extremely painful, and I'd KNOW I've done Juujutsu) being used as corporal punishment when they do things like stand up without permission or ask to use the bathroom, smile, or look out a window, or pick up something someone else dropped. We're also against those damn seminars that emotionally beat the people in them until they are broken down and brainwash them.

Please excuse me if I snort with laughter. You, my friend, are so obviously biased by lies that you don't even bother looking deeper and trying to find the truth for yourself. As I said, I spent a fair amoun of time with the "program kids," and I'll tell you now: the kids who are ever put in physical locks deserve it. Standing up doesn't earn you punishment; a staff members asks why you are standing, and you give your reason. If it's legitimate ("I need to refill my water bottle," "I need to use the restroom," "I need to get a different book," and so on) you're allowed to do so. It's the kids who leap to their feat and start throwing chairs and trying to harm everyone around them that are restrained, and that happens, again, only when it starts getting to the physically violent first-level (and among them, usually kids that have been there less than a month) that they're not being allowed to do whatever they want.

Smiles? Listen to that statement, actually try and apply that: A kid smiles, which is obviously some deep violation of some rule or another, so a staff, who is busy looking for actual threats, must then immediately dive and tackle the kid? That's pure stupidity, and I'd be ashamed of believing that of anyone unless I'd seen it with my own eyes. Looking out the window isn't allowed in school; it simply means they're not doing their work, and again there's only a staff telling them to get back to work, not pinning them to the ground. They can look whereever they want any other time, unless they're obviously staring at staff members or female staff or kids. Picking up anything belonging to someone else? Only if the intention was to steal it, and only then if the other kid reports him or her.

You're also against the seminars. Good for you, seeing as you obviously have so much experience with them, and can't possibly have based your ENTIRE POSITION off of whiney kids just trying to get back home to their marijuana pipes.

Anyway, I've rambled on for a while; basically, all I'm trying to say is use your brain, not your newspaper. Have there been cases of abuse? Certainly. But the ratio of truth to lies is one in thirty claims, and individual staff members who actually do abuse the kids are immediately removed; they're not the example you should be looking at.

Last, actually look at the things you've said against the Mormon church. For one thing, they do not rule Utah...Mormons, in reality, make up only half of the population, which is, true, a greater concentration than anywhere else, but it doesn't mean they have ultimate control over the state. This also applies to some of the leaders of WWASP, who are in fact Mormon, but has absolutely no relevance; what you're saying is the equivalent of saying that since there are a few gay priests in the Catholic church, all Catholics must rape little boys in their spare time. Ridiculous, and you MUST know it. The extent of the Church's power over its members is simply to excommunicate them, and there is no true, solid reason for them to do so. The Programs are not the dens of murderers and thieves as the media would like you to believe...they themselves are, by the way, simply going off rumours and spoiled children themselves. As is the case with any media, you must look deeper if you really want to know the truth. DO SO.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »
7 or 8 of the kids sent there = 7 or 8 out of each ten kids. Sorry; anonymous accounts don't allow editting.