Author Topic: Katies Story  (Read 13866 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Katies Story
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »
Are mass murderers of innocents capable of "making friends"? Well, Charles Deidrich managed it, i guess. Still, I doubt you are capable of genuine relationships.

Oh, come on no one is calling her a mass murderer.  She is just abusive to her family and sucking the life out of them.  She is definitely capable of making and maintaining a relationship with peers.  In fact that may be the best thing for her.  Peers tend to not put up with all the drama and ask you to pull your own weight as room mates.  Katie will have great relationships in the future she just needs to learn a few life lessons first.

Dont be so harsh and dramatic!  

The rest of the post I believe was directed at the program.  I am not up on all the meeting schedules and requirements, costs etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Are mass murderers of innocents capable of "making friends"? Well, Charles Deidrich managed it, i guess. Still, I doubt you are capable of genuine relationships.

Oh, come on no one is calling her a mass murderer.  She is just abusive to her family and sucking the life out of them.  She is definitely capable of making and maintaining a relationship with peers.  In fact that may be the best thing for her.  Peers tend to not put up with all the drama and ask you to pull your own weight as room mates.  Katie will have great relationships in the future she just needs to learn a few life lessons first.

Dont be so harsh and dramatic!  

The rest of the post I believe was directed at the program.  I am not up on all the meeting schedules and requirements, costs etc.

Oh, Thewho, Goebbels of ASPEN Education, if only you could see how your sociopathy thwarts your bizare whitewash attempts to the non-crazies of the world.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39:33 PM »
Oh I agree Katie will probably have some wonderful relationships in her future, just as soon as she moves far away from her step-witch and daddykins. After that she'll be free of her step-witch's nasty abusive attitude. Her relationships with her brothers will recover on there own. I mean who wasn't some kind of dick to their brothers or sisters when they were young?

My brother and I used to beat the shit out of each other. I used to hang my sister's dolls from the tree in a hangman noose and threw her in an irrigation ditch. She retaliated by breaking some of my stuff.

Dysfunctional yes, but pretty normal for a bunch of high strung kids living on a farm with a pair of abusive parents. Step-witch, and the whooter, are conveintly ignoring the aspect that an acting out child more often than not reflects the atmosphere of the family.

I definitely know that my wack job parents played a role in my brother and I acting like goons.

So given enough time we'll see what step-witch and daddykins did to promote katie's acting out. I still don't get how katie being a kid and reflecting the emotionally unhealthy environment of her step-witch and daddykins justifies a program like CCM.

OH my god, She's being bad! Bring on the abusive program, That'll serve her right..

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
HEY EVRY1 NEW INSTALLEMT ON THE CAN BLOG!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »
CAN blog? Link?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »
Ok. I am dearly sorry to all of those who were reading my story. It had been a few days since the last instalment and I have been extremely busy. So to make up for some of the days I missed I will try to write more than usual.

So we left off when I was admitted to Dettmer. While I was there I learned a lot about holding back my emotions and my actual thoughts I became an expert craftsman of bullshit and I actually prolonged my stay there, due to lack of communication. The facility was locked down of course, but there was still the thought of scaling the walls and running away forever. My reasoning was that if never went home I would never be depressed, if I was never depressed I wouldn’t end up trying to kill myself and my parents would be happy and things would go greatly. Like a clip out of “Leave it To Beaver”. Everyone has there own dreams and fantasies. Mine was irrevocably wrong.
I was discharged and I went home again. This time I tried to make things different. I became more and more distant, only speaking when I couldn’t handle the silence anymore. At one point I didn’t talk to anyone. I would hide and when provoked I would yell. That was life for me. I was barely home and when I was I wasn’t a happy camper.
It seemed to me that when I wasn’t home my family was somehow better, and when I was home I got a reality check of how screwed up my family really was. It was scary for a while. You know how you eat too much ice-cream and it starts to taste real bad? Then a few months later you have some and miraculously it tastes good again? Well, that’s how I felt. When I wasn’t around them I missed them. When I was around I saw how crappy life was.
Dettmer stayed with me. I learned to keep my emotions in check…. most of the time anyway (but when put under a lot of pressure eventually a carbonated soda pops right? Yeah. Me = carbonated soda; pressure = KABOOM!) I had to stop cutting, because my parent would check my arms. I had to check in with them every hour to make sure I wasn’t with Christy. NOT by phone of course. I would have to physically check in at the house.
But, even with a stricter structure for me things at school were declining even more rapidly than before. Diane and I would have hour long screaming matches, and I was a wreck. I was pushed down the stairs one day at school. I strained my wrist, and I had to have a cast out on it. I was so hurt and frustrated. I felt like the biggest loser in the world.
A few days later, my Dad had to pick me up from school for some reason. I fell down the stairs again and this time I was knocked unconscious for 4 minutes. I guess my dad was freaking out trying to wake me up, and screaming for someone to call 911. I was put in an ambulance and taken to the hospital. I woke up while in the ambulance very confused. My dad was following in his car so I was alone. The paramedics had oxygen on my face and I was crying. They calmed me down saying I was going to be alright. I knew I wouldn’t be. I kept thinking to myself, after all of this why can’t I die? Is there some twisted god up there letting me suffer?
After that my classes were unbearable. Due to lack of sleep I would doze off in math class and my teacher would let other students drop books on my desk to scare me awake. I would hang out with my English teacher everyday during lunch. He was the best teacher I ever had. I was a poet then… he would read everything I wrote. We would talk about the trivialities of everything and whenever I was in his classroom I felt right with the world. Like there was something that was worth living for. I think back now, and he was one person who really made me think twice about wanting to give up on life. During all of my different hospitalizations my biological mother and I had been talking over the phone. That December I went to visit for Christmas. It was a reprieve form the hell I was in. Yeah there were problems but god, it was better than home. Seeing her was such a relief for me. In her arms was the most adorable and angelic thing I had ever seen. Nicholas. (After my parents divorced my mom had 3 more children. 3 little boys. I knew Bryan and Benjamin.) My mom had part time custody of Bryan and Benji so they werent there. Seeing Nicki was like seeing a part of heaven in a body of the cutest little boy. Nicholas was born 3 months premature. He was so small at birth he could have fit in the palm on my hand. He was born 76% deaf. He was truly a miracle. He also had an auto-immune disease called lupus. This disease causes his body to produce antibodies that attack his own cells. His internal organs are affected and they harden at an abnormal rate.
Learning this I became devoted to him. He was the cutest little ladies man. Leaving my mom and Nicholas at the end of those two weeks was hell for me. I didn’t know when I would ever see them again.

Getting back to school…………I began to skip classes and hang out in the office. Faking sick was getting really old. Finally the counsellors had enough. The called my parents saying that I had two choices really. I could stick out the rest of the year IN class and not skipping or I could stay home for the rest of the year. At this point there was like 6 days left of 8th grade.
I got home from school and Diane was yelling at me saying I would never amount to anything, I was a fucking drop out I would end up pregnant on the streets etc. etc. I was angry and all I wanted was to get away from her, from my dad, from my brothers. I needed an escape. I called my mom and told her what was going on. She immediately told my dad that I was going to spend the summer with her. I flew out to New Mexico that Saturday.

Those first few weeks were like paradise. I was wanted in the house. i was needed. I was a part of the fmaily again. But as it has hapened before it was too good to last. I didnt have many friends there and at first it was fine with me. But being 14 years old i got lonely. i began to search the aprtment complex for friends and i found them. A few were my age but mostly they were older. Tracy was my favorite. She was 24, and lived right next to us. i would be home during the day since my mom was at work, and my brothers were at day care so after i did my chores i went over to tracy's. I had quit smoking due to the restrictions for nicholas's health, but being with tracy had me starting up again. my mom didnt know i was hanging out with people older than me and when she found out she was uncomfortable. she didnt want me to go on the same path i was on at my dad's. Things startd to go bad after she found out about me hanging out with tracy she grew really rptective. I found myslef doing more and more chores around the house. In some ways having a 5 and 6 year old around the house gets rid of loose energy in other ways it puts on a whole lot of mess! I was cleaning up after them all the time.
I grew more and more short with them not understanding why i was the one to clean up after them. when they were with their dad things were great the house was clean and me and my mom did fun things together. Even nicholas was happy. Dont get me wrong. I love my borthers and i miss them terribly but being 14 and having to clean the crap off of the tub and tiolet seat before I could stand to use them got really old! Me and my mom began to argue. I missed my dad and believe it or not i missed diane. I talked to them about once a week. And my mom was very difficult when i wanted to call them. She didnt understand why i wanted to talk to them after diane's comments all the time. July turned to august. I began to grow distant, and i was nervous all the time. i felt that i couldnt make any mistakes this time. I had to be perfect so that my mom and i could have a relationship. I didnt want to screw up this one too.

OK folks thats all i can handle right my mother and i havent talked or heard from each other in about 4 years and as you will read later things got worse. I am angry at her still due to impressions forced on me by CCM. I cant seem to erase those thoughts from my mind. Writing about her makes me miss her terribly and right now, i cant write any more it hurts too much.

P.S. If my mom is reading this... Stephanie Lynn Bilkey, if you are reading this i love you and i am sorry. please if you can call me or write to me. i miss you and i love you.            

Please email me with questions or comments : [email protected]

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »
Hey Katie,

I'll probably have to make this short, I'm working, but I wanted to let you know that I know how that feels to go back and fourth between 2 different households that really seem like 2 different universes. I think that in itself is a tough thing for a kid to experience, its just a bit confusing if you ask me. My mother and father were like night and day... my father was remarried and had the nice house and nice things and my mom was a single mother working really really hard just to afford rent in our 2 bed apartment. I had so much freedom at my moms and not even an inch to breathe at my dad's... I of course wanted to escape to my mom's but she was so busy and stressed the last thing she could handle was raising an unruly teenager. Sometimes tho, I did miss the home cooked meals, the dog and the house even spending quality time with my dad. But as soon as I returned for a visit I felt like the punishment of the last week just continued.

Anyway I don't want to interrupt your story, but I just wanted to let you know how similar our stories were, and that I know how you felt.

Keep writing hun!!
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
new installment on can blog

Offline forgotmypassword

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »
Quote from: "katiesthoughts"
new installment on can blog

glad to see it:)

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »
look everyone i am dearly sorry that i havent written, i have been so busy with school! I am senior this year so there are alot of after school activities that hold me there unitl at least 10:00 pm , and then i have to do homework, take a 5 second shower and get inot bed to redo it all again the next day. However my involvement with our High school musical, "Anything Goes" is almost over, our show is finally being performed on friday, saturady and sunday this week, and after that i dont know what i'll be able to do with myself!

SO, back to the story, last i left off, i was at my mom's and things were going ok. Soon we moved out of are artment closer to some support system for my mom, and closer to my new high school. The move was really difficult for me. I was nervous about ym new school, and for the longest time i was afraid i would not find any friends at highschool. I was so nervous, because of the iussue at my last school. I was a loner there, and i was so nervous that i would end up being one there to. New mexico was very different from ohio. There was no humidity, and the heat was almost a bliss. I began to lose weight, not of my own doing, but of lack of food. My mom wasnt very well off, and often i gave up my dinner to feed my little brothers. i didnt mind however. I thought often, that a meal would go better with their stomachs not mine.

My mothers ex, the father of brian and benjamin, wqould have them druing the week most of the time, and when they were with us, me and my mother tried to make things fun for them, taking them swimming, watching movies at home. We really tried to make their lives less hectic after having to be switched from house to house every week.

It was the first house my mom had ever had on her own. It wasnt a mansion and wasnt a slum, but to me it was perfect. My bedroom was half of the living room, with a curtain seperating the two. i loved that room. School began, and i was wrong.

For me i was so nervous, but as i went to school that first day i was clearly mistaken about not finding frineds. they were evrywhere. I had friends up the wazoo! I felt that my life was going right for once. I was the mananger of the varsity volleyball team and often io spent my nights at practice then went home and cooked or hung out with my mom. My paradise wouldnt last however. i started to get inot the wrong group of friends. I swear i think that i am a magnet for trouble, cause everywhere i go, i get into it.

My friends were the same sort of group as they were in ohio. In a way hanging out with them made me feel like i wasnt alone and that i wasnt the only one in the world with problems. Our idea of fun, was at lunch hour to goof off, running around our huge courtyard screaming "The chickens are coming!" We would almost die laughing.

I became friends with a few girls who were bisexual. At that point i didnt see a problem with it, and i believed that i was as well. To be safe, i was cautious and never overstepped any boundaries, but i did have a so to speak "girlfriend". (Thinking now, i was exploring my sexuality anbd i was confiused, so i am GLAD i grew out of that...)

I began cutting agina. My mom had no clue, and i wasnt going to be the one to tell her about it either. It was shallow and small but still it was my addicttion. my friends would try to get me to stop and to see that my life was worth moree that trying to hurt myself. It was strange, In Ohio, with christy they saw cutting as a relief and they supported me in it. Here they saw it as a plea for help, and they diagreed with me, trying to get me to stop. I felt horrible. i would cut in places to hide it. Not only was i hiding from my mom, but now i had to hide it from my freinds.

I did well for about 4 months at school. good grades, and everything. I was a good student and i loved my classes, (EXCEPT MATH, I STILL CANT STAND IT)  

My mom became involved with a church for the beginning of my stay with her. we didnt talk about it ever, so i didnt really wonder. one day on our way home picking up Nicholas from daycare, she stopped by the building. I read the sign. "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". I was 15. I had no clue what this was. I gave my mom a questioning glance and she said, "I'm A mormon." It took a moment to register. Polygomy, cult craziness. "NOT MORMON!" I was astonished.  

She gave me an ultimatum. I could ive with her and follow her beliefs, and her rules or i could go back to ohio. Of course I picked what anyone would pick, after living with Stepmonster. I started going to church with her. I began to conform. I was babtized. I didnt follow it. asfter all it was just a title. I didnt believe the ajrgain, but i wanted to make my mom happy. I was a master pretender, so this was just another role.

school bacame hectic for me. i ended it with my so called "girlfriend". I tried to not to cut myself. I tired over and over. But as you will read later.... trying is never enough.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »
I read your mother sold your things. Very messed up and abusive. Some people are not adequate to the task of raising kids.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
do you think we can commit to one thread?

or would you like to keep comments here and just your blog in the CAN thread?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
do you think we can commit to one thread?

or would you like to keep comments here and just your blog in the CAN thread?

Me? I'll do whatever you and katie want. just the Can thread then. Unless told otherwise
 :nods:  :cheers:  :rose:  :-*  :rasta:  O0

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »
lol no I was talking to katie, or all of us, just seems odd to have 2 threads going on at the same time ya kno?

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »
the can thread was made to just post the story, but we can limit them if you want. i like checking them b oith becuase people are more willing to write what they think on the other one. whatever we feel is best.