Author Topic: Katies Story  (Read 13696 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Katies Story
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »

Che Gookin wrote:Let's not be to premature about passing off torture as bullying. For all we know the "bullying" could have been the systematic targeting of one person by request of staff.

I've seen it before and if you know anything about CEDU such shennanigans are common place in their raps. Captives are reduced to tears or worst by other students in front of staff and often at the encouragement of staff.

I'd call that abuse and mental torture.

Good point Che Gookin. If you read Katies story and the blog the abuse and mental torture incurred from the local public school system was unbearable. Katie was being abused terribly and her father pulling her from this destructive environment was the correct thing to do imo,(I don’t think anyone could effectively argue against this decision).
So if the local school system and local therapies are not working then there is only one logical next step and that is to seek help outside of the community which is what Michael did. If he cared about his money more then he cared about his daughter he would have just let her suffer thru school and hope she survived the abuse and suicide attempts long enough to graduate like many here suggest is the better route to take, ie doing nothing is better than any program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
Good point Che Gookin. If you read Katies story and the blog the abuse and mental torture incurred from the local public school system was unbearable. Katie was being abused terribly and her father pulling her from this destructive environment was the correct thing to do imo,(I don’t think anyone could effectively argue against this decision).
So if the local school system and local therapies are not working then there is only one logical next step and that is to seek help outside of the community which is what Michael did. If he cared about his money more then he cared about his daughter he would have just let her suffer thru school and hope she survived the abuse and suicide attempts long enough to graduate like many here suggest is the better route to take, ie doing nothing is better than any program.

Yet he decided to send her to Cross Creek Manor and he keeps defending his decision to do so.

3rd Eye treatment is suggested.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 11:09:33 PM »
oh for fucks sake, like those are the only two options?

My friend R suffered from terrible bullying in high school. I mean, really really bad. Totally relentless. She was withdrawn, quiet and totally miserable.

So what did her parents do? They found another high school. FUCKING DUH.

BTW, she loved the second one.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »
I had some bullying done to me in middle school. I went to my grandpa, former British Special Forces, and asked him for a few tips. Bullying stopped a week or so later.

:)

Those who dare.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »
I think Katies father did the right thing in removing her from the abusive public school system that she was in.  I am sure Katie felt much better not having to sustain the daily bullying.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
Yet he sent her to Cross Creek Manor. One can hardly laud the actions of a man when the end result is so obviously detrimental. Saying congrats to dad for taking her out of public school and then sending her to CCM is akin to saying, "WE burnt the village to save it."

You see what I did there programmie?

I can use red herrings as well except mine are cooler.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Yet he sent her to Cross Creek Manor. One can hardly laud the actions of a man when the end result is so obviously detrimental. Saying congrats to dad for taking her out of public school and then sending her to CCM is akin to saying, "WE burnt the village to save it."

You see what I did there programmie?

I can use red herrings as well except mine are cooler.

What we do know is that her father removed her from an abusive enviornment and placed her in CCM.  As far as we know Katie is better off today, I dont think she has tried to take her life since leaving cross creek, which in itself is a great step.  I am not sure if the bullying continued at CCM but we will see through her story whether it did or not.  We cannot speak to that yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »
Whocologist to the rescue!  It's a wonder parents don't pay this guy for his stellar advice.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »
What we do know is that her father removed her from an abusive enviornment and placed her in CCM. As far as we know Katie is better off today, I dont think she has tried to take her life since leaving cross creek, which in itself is a great step. I am not sure if the bullying continued at CCM but we will see through her story whether it did or not. We cannot speak to that yet.

I don't need her to confirm or deny anything. CCM has numerous reports of abuse, a lawsuit pending against it, and a slew of other issues that would make a bullying a godsend if that is the only thing that troubled here there.

Except it wasn't..

High Schools can be changed, or he easily could have sent her to a local private school. Even home schooling comes to mind, but bullying at school really seems to be the least of her issues.

Katie's problems seem not to be this "bullying" that you beat on and on about, but rather her nutbag of a father and step-mumsie. Old daddio could have told step-mumsie to take her little freakshow elsewhere but he didn't. Instead he allows this toxic vile person, probably a gold digger at that, near his daughter who was already struggling.

His solution to the problem is to send her to CCM.

Not cool old bean.. not cool.

Keep spinning Whooter or whoever the hell you are. I'm going to go drink about 4 beers, piss off my balcony, and watch a crappy movie. You've got nothing worth reading other than the same old programmie spin control. That tripe got old years ago.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
Another solution could have been for Katie to lose some weight and quit cutting herself (maybe mix in some others colors other than black every other day) and that would have helped with the bullying and then show a little respect at home like her brothers did and all of this would have been avoided.
I dont think her brothers had a problem with the school system or home arrangements and put a lid on the drama.  If they did they were smart enough not to get their asses sent away.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »
No child deserves to be abused or to witness it. Katie bears no responsibility for her parent's incompetence. The only thing Katie bears responsibility for is herself, and finally for the first time in god knows how long she'll have the chance to exercise her freedom as a person and not some mark on a ledger. Hopefully, and I suspect she'll be able to do so as well, that she'll flourish in spite of the trauma inflicted upon her by the shitbirds at CCM.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
No child deserves to be abused or to witness it. Katie bears no responsibility for her parent's incompetence. The only thing Katie bears responsibility for is herself, and finally for the first time in god knows how long she'll have the chance to exercise her freedom as a person and not some mark on a ledger. Hopefully, and I suspect she'll be able to do so as well, that she'll flourish in spite of the trauma inflicted upon her by the shitbirds at CCM.

Agreed and I will take it a step further to say no one should be subjected to abuse or have to witness it (Adults or children).  The tension in the house subsided after Katie left.    Katies siblings were getting their brunt of abuse from Katie as well.  If children are subjected to abuse there is little they can do about it except notifying an authority figure and hope that they help you.  Adults have a little more control and can have the abusive child removed from the house or sent to a school setting off site.
I see this as a family issue and it is difficult to carve out responsibility or fault for one person.  Like all kids who come of age she will be able to live on her own soon.  
Katies time spent at CCM has kept her safe and given her time to mature at the very least.  She has become very good at understanding herself and her feelings as is evident in her writing (she should head for journalism as a profession).  As soon as she cuts her ties with the past and feels comfortable with all the past events in her life I believe Katie will do well.

Offline katiesthoughts

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
Another solution could have been for Katie to lose some weight and quit cutting herself (maybe mix in some others colors other than black every other day) and that would have helped with the bullying and then show a little respect at home like her brothers did and all of this would have been avoided.
I dont think her brothers had a problem with the school system or home arrangements and put a lid on the drama. If they did they were smart enough not to get their asses sent away.Guest

i think those are the only two people who wuld have the dexterity to go and say that. If you want to insult me do it somewhere in your own mind please i dont want to hear the bullshit on here thankyou very much. :blabla:  :lala:  :feedtrolls:  :fuckoff:

Offline maruska

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
Katie, don´t worry about the guest comments.
Just keep writting - you are  very talented !
I must say I admire how mature you sound - but then again its no wonder after all you have been through.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »
Probably her dad or someone in her family trying to get her to stop from the sounds of it. Ignore it and type away.