Author Topic: Coldwater the Movie  (Read 16659 times)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« on: July 22, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »
The following statement can be found on the Coldwater movie website.

", the Fraidenburgh's decided to send Ryan to a "behavior modification" boarding school in Ensenada, Mexico. They had no clue of the impending hell that their 14-year-old son was about to endure.

Dragged from his bed early one morning, Ryan was handcuffed, put into leg irons, and tossed into an SUV bound for the California-Mexico border."

"The impending hell" started at home.  Sounds to me like his parents put him through the hell themselves.  They sent him in handcuffs and leg irons.  How could they have no clue of what it would be like?  They themselves paid to ship him off the way they did. Why did they think it would be any different when he got there.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-07-22 12:14 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »
Something smells fishy here. Is this kid and his parents involved in any way in the making of this movie?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »
Sure they are - fiction based on a victim son's allegation. Maybe they would have been better off waiting until he reached 18 and could experience prison.  ::puke::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »
Yes they are involved in the making of the movie. It says that he is a consultant on the film.

Listen to this:

"When Ryan's father was contacted by former "students," informing him of the conditions and treatment that existed in  Ryan's so-called school, he was on the next plane to San Diego, then drove to Ensenada to get Ryan released. After a heated "negotiation" with school authorities and a $60,000 bribe, Ryan was allowed to leave with his father -- seeing the ocean for the first time since his arrival."

What is up with the $60,000.00 bribe?  Who paid who?  Did his dad have to bribe the school before they would release his son to him?  I would not think so, unless they had sold him to the school in the first place, which is very unlikely.  

Wasn't Ryan the boy who was in the NY Times article a couple of months ago?  I even saw his post on the PURE, Inc. website for a while, however, it has now been removed.  Doesn't it make you wonder?  It does me.

The timing of all of this would have to make one wonder.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »
The previous post was mine.  I do not know how it came to say anon.  Anon must have been posting at the same time as me allowing both to post under the anon name.

I don't want anyone to think I am trying to hide behind an anonyomous post.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-07-22 14:36 ]

Offline anon

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Anon on 2003-11-16 09:08 ]

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »
You know Karen, I feel for all of the kids who have been hurt by these programs.  But this is a joke.  All Ryan is doing is validating the beliefs of alot of people who think this is fiction.  This movie is FICTION!  It should not be portrayed that way.

Nothing about it makes sense.  All it does is make one question the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »
Coldwater is based on realistic events, and RYAN has gone through way to much for you to dis-credit that.

HE is the voice of so many kids that are locked up and being abused. Ryan is OUR LEADER and he has saved many many kids.

COLDWATER is exactly what this world needed.
Ryan is about getting the truth out to save kids, carey seems to be somewhat jelous of the attention.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 06:27:00 PM »
carey last week you ranted & raved about removing ryan's post from pure's sight.

now you want to discredit him and his parents for what wwasps did to them?  how do you know his story is not creditable?  your story has already been told and heard as reported by your local newspaper and other articles.  what's your point?  everyone else should be able to claim their fame as well.  

make up your mind.  you are similar to a fish once it is caught, flip flopping around out of the water on the deck.

you are not the only person who has been defrauded by wwasps.  best i can say is get in line with the rest of us.

you are making a fool of yourself and discrediting everyone else out on these forums.  

wwasps will be the only benefator if you continue destroying all of the good that has been accomplished to this point.

back the hell off for a while.  you need a break

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »
Exactly how long was Ryan at Casa by the Sea?  You know that in those early days everything seems like abuse, but it's really not.  They just got their wings clipped and say anything to fly the coop.  If you read stories from those that went the distance and graduated, actually graduated from what I read, they felt the same way in the beginning, but realized they are the ones that created their "hell."  As for the restraints, it doesn't say if he was fighting or wanting to hurt somebody when the parents had him transported.  Do most kids go willingly?  It seems he was lucky not to be handcuffed, restrained and taken to a juvenile prison where anything can happen - mostly not good.  From what I've seen Casa by the Sea charges about 2100.00 per month - so that doesn't add up to 60,000.  Bribe?  Yeh, right.  If parents had custody, there was absolutley nothing stopping them from going and signing him out.  Maybe the staff saw Ryan wasn't ready to come home and because they cared, tried to make them understand what Ryan was pulling.  I've read enough articles, both pro and con to see the pattern of kids in the early stages saying what they know will get them taken home.  I do hope he's learned his lessons and is successful now without having gone the distance.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »
Don't you wish I'd back off.  No way!  I did not back off on Dundee and I am not going to back off on this either.  I think it stinks to high heaven.  This is and was a set up and it is so very obvious. You people, the ones hiding behind the Anon, are destroying the work that has been done.  You are promoting a FICTION movie.  Maybe that is all it is to you.  But its not to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »
Sorry about the ANON postings - isn't that what this forum promotes - anonymous postings?  You did what you felt you needed to do to rescue your children, but why do feel you need to "save" kids in the other schools?  What I see is there's kids being hurt by their parents not seeking help.  When it's beyond the parents control, and believe me, it happens, then getting help is urgent.  That PURE sight is scarey, not because of the WWASP stuff, but because they seem to be trying to get business by attacking them.  What's that old saying..something like when you're at the top someone always wants to shoot you down.  I just pray anotehr child doesn't die or runaway without drawing their own conclusions about what's real and what's fiction.

What's this stuff about attacking the Dundee's directors wife. If she had been a prostitute, then who better to support those girls that had sexual issues when they were admitted?  She's been there (?) and made it out.  So what if she has a huge diamond ring?  I know plenty of wives with big diamonds and they are not bad people - No, I don't wear one!  But it doesn't make me a good person because I don't.  Look within y'all, I am.

Offline anon

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Anon on 2003-11-16 09:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »
"You did what you felt you needed to do to rescue your children, but why do feel you need to "save" kids in the other schools?"

First of all, I don't feel the need to save kids in other schools.    I feel the need to let other parents know that these places not "schools."  These places are psych wards that allow uneducated and untrained people to play doctor on the minds of children.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Coldwater the Movie
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »
Once again, the previous post is mine.  It posted with the anon post again.