Author Topic: Summit stretches.  (Read 6439 times)

Offline stina

• View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
I mean, fuck, man. I even *supported* in a Childrens.

I supported in a values propheet which I then blocked out until having a close look at my scrapbook recently and seeing the words "Values #2" on one of my fancy cultcards. I still have absolutely no recollection of it nor do I have any idea what possessed me to do another one of those. I mean, come on, really? The values? Sweet boneless Christ, the state I must have been in to go through that again willingly. At least I knew better than to go anywhere near a dreams #2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »
Quote from: ""stina""
I mean, fuck, man. I even *supported* in a Childrens.

I supported in a values propheet which I then blocked out until having a close look at my scrapbook recently and seeing the words "Values #2" on one of my fancy cultcards. I still have absolutely no recollection of it nor do I have any idea what possessed me to do another one of those. I mean, come on, really? The values? Sweet boneless Christ, the state I must have been in to go through that again willingly. At least I knew better than to go anywhere near a dreams #2.

hehe! I was slated to support in the Values, but I had just gotten back from the Ishi the day everyone was supposed to go in, so they substituted me with someone else. They figured I would just be too tapped out to do it. (Because, you know, sitting in a drumming circle and fetishizing native american culture can really tire your ass out.)

Anyway, the clincher is that I shared in the warm up that night, and I don't know if I came across differently than I perceived myself, but what I essentially *wanted* to say was that I was sorry I couldn't be in there, but I hoped that everyone would have a great propheet, and basically stated that I was totally cool with the fact that I wasn't going in.

Well, that pig-faced mongoloid Randy saw it differently. He blew me away in a rap that monday about how pathetic it was what I said, and that I was acting like a total victim. It IS entirely possible that when I shared it came off as passive-aggressive, but that certainly wasn't my intent.

So much for that summit tool saying that "end results equal original intentions."

What pure and unadulterated asshattery.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
So much for that summit tool saying that "end results equal original intentions."

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

They were trying to deny the Law of Unintended Consequences DIRECTLY???

Jesus, no wonder they got put out of business!

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »
Jesus, no wonder they got put out of business!

That must mean it was their original intent, huh?  :rofl:

The crazy thing is, I totally wouldn't put it past Mel to do that. I mean, he *did* sell it when he knew it was going under... ship's rat that he is.

Although I'm pretty certain this particular "tool" was originally from Lifespring. Wait, they're out of business, too, aren't they? (I know it has a reincarnation, but still.)

Offline stina

• View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »
Well, that pig-faced mongoloid Randy saw it differently. He blew me away in a rap that monday about how pathetic it was what I said, and that I was acting like a total victim. It IS entirely possible that when I shared it came off as passive-aggressive, but that certainly wasn't my intent.

What a dick. He probably just wasn't getting any from Caroline and had to vent his sexual frustration on someone. Ewww.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 03:18:53 AM »

What a dick. He probably just wasn't getting any from Caroline and had to vent his sexual frustration on someone. Ewww.

I would think he would be in worse shape if he *was* getting some from Caroline. I'd probably do a Karen Silkwood and scrub my skin raw in a decontamination shower afterwards.

must... remove... the shame.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 03:30:46 AM »
:rofl:

Who's Karen Silkwood?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:26 AM »
:rofl:

Who's Karen Silkwood?

Silkwood was a union activist who worked at the Kerr-McGee nuclear plant in Oklahoma. She discovered that they were knowingly making faulty rods for reactors, so she turned whistleblower. She also spearheaded a strike some years earlier, so she definitely was not popular with management.

Someone rigged it up so that she got contaminated, (which wasn't hard to do at that place, since a lot of the protective gear was old, shoddy and had leaks) As a result, she had to get one of those lovely decontamination showers where several people in hazmat suits put  you under scalding hot water and scrub the hell out of you with stiff brushes. They are basically trying to peel off the radioactive layers of the epidermis. It's a bit on the painful side.

There is a lot of speculation regarding her death. She was on her way to talk to a reporter from the New York Times to expose what had been happening at the plant. They found the car totaled and her dead inside. Most people think that she was murdered.

Anyway, there was a movie about it (titled Silkwood). Meryl Streep played Karen, and Cher played Dolly, her lesbian roommate. Craig T. Nelson was her corrupt supervisor, and Kurt Russel played her boyfriend. I don't remember who everyone else was. I think that was probably the first time I ever saw Cher act, and I was like "Holy fucking shit, she's good." It was also one of the first truly adult movies I had seen, and it quickly became my favorite. (I was 13 when it came out.) There is some really tense, scary stuff in there. Especially the decontamination scenes.

Offline stina

• View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 05:41:08 AM »
Damn. Bittorrent here I come.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
Damn. Bittorrent here I come.

Watch out for them thar rootkits!

Let me know what you think of the flick.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 07:36:11 AM »
It was a damn good movie. I'll ask my brother when I see him next what chara he had to play for his summit party if I remember to ask.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 07:42:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
It was a damn good movie. I'll ask my brother when I see him next what chara he had to play for his summit party if I remember to ask.

Oh, I'm sure he'll just *love* you for that, based on what you have said about him already.

As such, I am in total support of you asking him.  :D

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »
Do I get a reward for asking?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 10:58:01 PM »
double post... .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:02:01 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Summit stretches.
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

I'd so want to be this character if I had to do something like stretches.