Author Topic: Who Laments on How He'd Run HLA.... Aspen Style  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who Laments on How He'd Run HLA.... Aspen Style
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 11:15:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Thank you.

Now the next step is to tie this requirement back to HLA and check to see how many counselors are referred to as:

Professional counselor
Associate professional counselor
Social worker
Marriage and family therapist
Associate marriage and family therapist

If they hold any of these titles then they are required to be licensed in the State of Georgia under Title 43 Chapter 10A.
The next step is to check the titles of the employees of HLA and if they are using any of the above titles we will check for the license to use the stated Title.

I will take this one since you guys provided the statutes.

::hatter::

so what you are saying is that there is a loophole which hla exploited. from a strict constructionist viewpoint what you are saying is correct, but unfortunately with a little bit of "reading between the lines with common sense", it becomes very illegal. essentially, if someone is not qualified to be licensed but wants to work in that field, and do the exact same thing, all they have to do is change their job title to something thats not on the list. although it's legal it's not ethical because it's very misleading. even if the parent knows the law by heart, he/she is most likely going to assume that "professional counselor" and "masters level peer-group counselor" are synonyms, "one used officially and one used for marketing".
 this is very, very simmilar to what hidden lake did with ORS: by calling it a "theraputic boarding school", and claiming it was a "boarding school with a theraputic aspect" they managed to dodge the regulations they would be subjected to if they were to be a "residential treatment facility with academics".

Bingo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »
I agree that Lance H is a total jerk and should not be allowed to work with kids. He is a real hot head who cannot control himself in a professional manner at all. He is a JOKE and I would never want my child around him. You tried to mouth off to me Lance but it did not work.  You are a pathetic excuse for a "counselor" . CREEPY!!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
"professional counselor" and "masters level peer-group counselor" are synonyms

This makes no sense at all.  No parent would ever assume anything like that.  Professional Counselor, Engineer etc.  are licensed by the state and can work independently and outsource their talents.
If they were professional counselors they would advertise this.

You are trying to make what they do seem illegal and it is not.  We have provided the evidence that HLA meets the letter of the law.  

This is why parents dont believe what many of you conclude and say on this forum.  If you are truthful and honest with your information parents will eventually start believing more people at face value.  This is why we ask for details because much of what you say is unrelieable.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 12:25:24 PM »
Yes, fornits is considered such an unreliable source of information that only 75% of families pulled their kids out of HLA in the past 18 months and only some 21 families filed suit against HLA for various and sundry misconduct.

Shame on you, fornits!   :roll:

TheWho is a complete and utter fool that has no idea what he's blathering about.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
Yes, fornits is considered such an unreliable source of information that only 75% of families pulled their kids out of HLA in the past 18 months and only some 21 families filed suit against HLA for various and sundry misconduct.

Shame on you, fornits!   :roll:

TheWho is a complete and utter fool that has no idea what he's blathering about.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:  ::nod::  ::nod::  ::nod::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
HLA has not one single licensed counselor/therapist.  None.  Zip.  Look at the webpage.  Yet there are several counselors who are license-elegible.  Why do they not apply for licensure?

Simple.  They know what happened to those who came before them who were licensed and who were pushed by Buccellato to sign off on things that, if discovered, would cost them their license.  So all those with a license left to protect themselves, and those who remain, even Hollowhead and his ilk, refuse to get licensed because they know what the little man will have them doing.

What a great place to work.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »
Yeah, it is a shitty place.  I worked there, too.  We didn't have any licensed providers either, just some unlicensed "clinicians" with phony degrees from diploma mills, like "Dr." Tom Sisk - a fraud and charlatan who was the director of counseling even though Len admitted directly to my face that his degree was as worthless as the "services" he provided.

Dee, can you tell us a little bit more about licensed employees who had legal issues due to Len's behavior?

Thanks..
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »
Seems we have gone full circle,  thanks for everyone’s input.  Here is a summary to date:

1)   HLA is meeting or exceeding all requirements for their hired counselor base as viewed by state requirements (State of Georgia)

2)   There are some questions concerning HLA possibly not giving the nod to employees who are licensed ready.

3)   There are questions concerning the wording of how “Master leveled” counselors workload is dispersed among the peer groups.

4)   HLA is receiving oversight from the state and holds a provisional license with them.  So it appears they are clean in this area.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »
Seems we have gone full circle,  thanks for everyone’s input.  Here is a summary to date:

1)   HLA is meeting or exceeding all requirements for their hired counselor base as viewed by state requirements (State of Georgia)

2)   There are some questions concerning HLA possibly not giving the nod to employees who are licensed ready.

3)   There are questions concerning the wording of how “Master leveled” counselors workload is dispersed among the peer groups.

4)   HLA is receiving oversight from the state and holds a provisional license with them.  So it appears they are clean in this area.

pull those conclusions out of the air? oh man you are so ignorant. ever heard of the concept of denial? 2 and 3 are partially true, but 1 and 4 are dead wrong. a provisional license does not by any means mean that they are meeting the requirements of the state, it just means that the state understands their bussiness needs (HLA cant shut down for a 6 month break afterall) and are allowing them X amount of time to obtain a real licence.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »

pull those conclusions out of the air? oh man you are so ignorant. ever heard of the concept of denial? 2 and 3 are partially true, but 1 and 4 are dead wrong. a provisional license does not by any means mean that they are meeting the requirements of the state, it just means that the state understands their bussiness needs (HLA cant shut down for a 6 month break afterall) and are allowing them X amount of time to obtain a real licence.

The state requirements have been posted, where is HLA in non compliance, specifically.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 08:18:39 PM »
I Keep forgetting the cat-in-the-hat guy.

Thanks Deb.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Yeah, it is a shitty place.  I worked there, too.  We didn't have any licensed providers either, just some unlicensed "clinicians" with phony degrees from diploma mills, like "Dr." Tom Sisk - a fraud and charlatan who was the director of counseling even though Len admitted directly to my face that his degree was as worthless as the "services" he provided.

Dee, can you tell us a little bit more about licensed employees who had legal issues due to Len's behavior?

Thanks..

Or how about talking about some of the male employees that allegedly filed sexual harassment suits against Len. Maybe the boys from Q&Q would like to come on here and talk about those???

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »

The state requirements have been posted, where is HLA in non compliance, specifically.

Just so readers know "who" this guy is, he's this guy:

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=16007

And he says things like this:

Quote from: ""TheWho""
I hope the kids don't get too mad at us. Ha, ha, ha, I'm just having a bit of fun. The thing we all n33d to keep in mind is that these kids deserve what they get. So what if a couple of them died? The point is that I get my referal fees.

So, readers, let's not be under any false impressions.  TheWho is a troll looking for desperate parents to rope in for cash.  and he'll say anything, no matter how false, to get that to happen...
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
This symbol  ::hatter:: is mine now, he can find a new one.

"The who" can go back to logging in, if he likes.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
This symbol  ::hatter:: is mine now, he can find a new one.

"The who" can go back to logging in, if he likes.

But since you are TheWho, your statement is a bit puzzling.

Same guy. This loser doesn't know when to say when.

Feel free to browse the 300 page abortion he created as an enduring egoist monument to himself to get a firm grasp of the person "who" is trying to mislead you. He really, genuinely is a scumbag.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control