Author Topic: Who Laments on How He'd Run HLA.... Aspen Style  (Read 6813 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who Laments on How He'd Run HLA.... Aspen Style
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If you have not had a kid at HLA and gone thru what HLA put us families thru, you really are not worthy of an opinion because you know NOT what you are talking about.

Great, so the question is to those who do know what they are talking about.  
Are we set and in agreement that HLA meets or exceeds all requirements as they pertain to the hiring of Master and Bachelor degreed Counselors?

It sounds like a yes, because no standards have been brought to the table that show a violation in this area.

Lets give this another day to see if anyone can dig something up before we close it out, I think this is an important issue.
 ::hatter::

You still don't get it, you ignorant, ignorant man.  The question is not whether HLA is meeting the state's licensing requirements.  If they are making improvements to meet those standards, then fine.  The point is that they do not provide what they advertise.  They claim that all peer groups will be supervised by masters-level counselors, and that is not the case - people who have gone through the program have posted on here their first-hand experiences.  You come on here having no knowledge of HLA whatsoever, and think that you can claim to know what you are talking about?  Good God, man, you are even more arrogant than I thought.

Let's pose a question to you and see if you have the guts to answer it.  Why are you so very interested in HLA?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
because he wants ASPEN to buy it.  his interest is twofold:  one, he wants ASPEN to buy HLA and two, he supports ALL programs no matter the facts surrounding them.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 11:06:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
The quickest way to make The Who go away is to ignore him.  He feeds off of our responses to him.  Just ignore what he says - it's usually wrong and contributes nothing helpful to the conversation anyway - and he'll go away.
I suggested this a long time ago, and many (like yourself) have suggested it since...but it seems there will always be those tweakers who can't resist the urge to get into it with him....

Remember that Uncle Remus story about the Tar Baby?

LOL
Lord, I love that story!
So true though...we have lots of Brer Rabbits on here.  I'm guilty of it myself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »
If you have not had a kid at HLA and gone thru what HLA put us families thru, you really are not worthy of an opinion because you know NOT what you are talking about.

Quote from: ""The Who""
Are we set and in agreement that HLA meets or exceeds all requirements as they pertain to the hiring of Master and Bachelor degreed Counselors?

No.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

It sounds like a yes, because no standards have been brought to the table that show a violation in this area.

Lets give this another day to see if anyone can dig something up before we close it out, I think this is an important issue.

You still don't get it, you ignorant, ignorant man.  The question is not whether HLA is meeting the state's licensing requirements.  If they are making improvements to meet those standards, then fine.  The point is that they do not provide what they advertise.  They claim that all peer groups will be supervised by masters-level counselors, and that is not the case - people who have gone through the program have posted on here their first-hand experiences.  You come on here having no knowledge of HLA whatsoever, and think that you can claim to know what you are talking about?  Good God, man, you are even more arrogant than I thought.

Let's pose a question to you and see if you have the guts to answer it.  Why are you so very interested in HLA?

Which Peer Groups were not overseen by Masters level counselors?  Name the group number and the counselors of those groups.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »

Which Peer Groups were not overseen by Masters level counselors?  Name the group number and the counselors of those groups.

Answer my question first.

Why are you so very interested in HLA?

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 05:36:21 PM »
My apologies for not logging in previously.  I posted this question, not "the who".

Which Peer Groups were not overseen by Masters level counselors? Name the group number and the counselors of those groups.

Thank you for your response.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 07:09:52 PM »
Why are you so very interested in HLA?

The discussion caught my eye when I saw someone posting information from some girls wedding announcement and claiming that she wasn’t qualified to be a counselor at HLA.  I didn’t know how the 2 connected and was curious of what the requirements were to be a counselor and/ or an addictions counselor.  No one seemed to be able to tell me, all I got was people trying to run the subject off topic.

This sparked my interest as I am a parent to several children and from a parents point of view the information seemed to be one sided or tainted like it came from an ex-employee and not worthy to be used to base a decision.  So I thought I could try to keep the discussion focused and on track and maybe nail down the requirements for counselors and how they compare to what HLA does.

::hatter::  ::soapbox::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
 the information seemed to be one sided or tainted like it came from an ex-employee and not worthy to be used to base a decision.  
 ::hatter::  ::soapbox::

could there possibly be a better witness/source than an ex-employee? what makes you think ex-employess would provide biased information?

i dont get it. when some parents read this site, they think anything negative is biased and anything positive about hla is true. in fact, it's quite the opposite. Note how hla has their own forums, which are censored and have only glowing, positive things said about hla and anything with the slightest grain of negativity gets deleted. Fornits on the other hand, although current hla administrators continue to flood this forum with their ilogical and paper-thin defences; we do not ban them. there are issues with some individuals such as "thewho", since he has absolutely no affiliation, connection, or knowledge about hidden lake, which is why measures have been taken against him. the reason many of these pages are filled with vulgarities and personal attacks is because it's a highly emotional topic. keep in mind that many of these posters who are kids, on top of having previous emotional trouble, were psychologically, mentaly, and spiritually abused for 1.5-3 years in the name of "therapy". no wonder the kids are pissed, and no wonder Hidden lake is getting on the defensive [even online], their mistakes are coming to bite them in the ass, there going to be going from middle-class, high reputation to impoverished and shunned. what do you expect? i thought the average individual has common sense, after all, it's callled common sense for a reason.

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
Just posting it again so the question doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

Which Peer Groups were not overseen by Masters level counselors? Name the group number and the counselors of those groups.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 08:40:58 PM »
i dont get it. when some parents read this site, they think anything negative is biased and anything positive about hla is true. in fact, it's quite the opposite.

Positive information goes down so much easier than negative info.  So based on this you need to be careful not to slam people or businesses to the ground or throw all logic out the window or allow your emotions to get the best of you when conveying a negative position, sour grapes etc. turn people off to the message you may be trying to convey.   Most program parents are familiar with disgruntled employees (if they are active in the working world) and understand there is more going on besides these type of people just trying to convey the truth so they proceed with caution.

Most parents will respond to a very clear and concise topical discussion which lays out the requirements and compare them to what is being done.  This is why I have tried to lead this discussion down the path of discovering facts and trying to compare requirements to what HLA is doing today.  This will be good for everyone (it�s a win-win all around) and allow the parents to make a decision based on honest and balanced information.
A good start may be to answer �HLA Truth��s question:
Which Peer Groups were not overseen by Masters level counselors? Name the group number and the counselors of those groups.�

If there are groups which went without a master leveled counselor I think this would be information that parents would like to know.  Lets name the group and then we can proceed to determine the root cause on how this happened.  To just wave our hands and say they don�t provide this service isn�t something the parents reading this thread are going to swallow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 09:10:45 PM »
"Masters Level" is a load of dogshit. Either you have the Master's Degree or you don't.

And diploma mills don't count.

Nor does a counselor shared between two peer groups.

Let's have answers, if at all possible.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 10:01:38 PM »
Quote from: ""HLA Truth""
My apologies for not logging in previously.  I posted this question, not "the who".

Thank you for your response.

You were there and being that you were the only one qualified, you would know.  After you left, there was no one left that was certified.  For heavens'sake, there are people there with diploma mill degrees .
Some  said they graduated from certain schools that do not even offer couseling degrees.  So go figure...You want to know why Hollowhead and McMillon never got certified?  Clay Erikson is not certified to be an addictions counselor either.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »
Clay Erikson is not certified to be an addictions counselor either.

How come the parents and other readers can get any straight answers around here?  

Which groups didnt have counselors with masters degrees?

Where is it stated that the counselors need to be certified?  Which state law requires this?

Again lets compare the requirements to what is actually being done so that the parents can make an informed decision.

How come everyone keeps changing the subject?  People keep saying this has been discussed in the past, where are the links to the state requirements?  Lets tie this together and let the readers know where HLA is falling short on this.  Is it that hard to do?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »
They tried to pawn this guy off as a Peer Group Counselor originially until we challenged his qualifications to be a PG Counselor since he doesn't have a Masters Degree. Lenny - glad you listened to us. BTW - He's the only one HLA is still referring to as an AC - Assistant Counselor - all of the former ACs have quit or had their titles changed.

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/loadPr ... userID=207

Scott Smith
Assistant Counselor

B.S. Sociology, North Georgia College and State U., Dahlonega, GA Certificate of completion, Jerusalem University., Israel Scott is married and has one child, hobbies include landscape design, fishing, drama, cooking, archaeology, biblical studies, and family time.