Author Topic: Would anyone mind....  (Read 8863 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
Didn't Ginger post that she deleted TSW's posts, and that it was a difficult task for her to do so?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 04:22:13 PM »
Antigen's Ghost posted:  PENINSULA VILLAGE:
Page 24  Wednesday  April 25, 2007 9:15 PM

"I not only yanked TSW's moderator status, but sometimre later, I even deleted every posts he had ever post under that name.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Didn't Ginger post that she deleted TSW's posts, and that it was a difficult task for her to do so?

she did.  she wanted to help him do it faster than going post by post by post.  So she did it for him at his request.  geez... this has been covered a few times.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
Quote from: ""sick of child torture girl""
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I get were sick is coming from but personally if it will help encourage survivors to post their stories and stick around I say go for it.

I agree, but then only if the ELan forum is reorganized if you ever want to see a forum that stops people from posting...

or it aint fair  
hmm so my abreviation is sick, eh? do i like that? Perhaps i should change it to adorable* sick of child torture girl. Or just get real massochistic and become fat and ugly sick of chid torture girl?Perhpaps Sprinkes.

My bad "sick of child torture girl" I developed a habit of typing as little as possible and shorting names is something that helps. From now on I will abbreviate your name and prefix it with adorable*

ex. "adorable* sctg"  

Better?  :oops:

I haven't read much in the Elan forum(will do though), I do remember what Rachel is talking about. I try to throw my support to survivors who get hounded, I even tried to stick up for an ex-program parent who saw the light and got her kid out(Tranquility bay). But really most of you survivors kick ass harder then I ever could. I tend to come off as a Mr.Rodgers+Barney with a little "can't we all just get along" Rodney Kingism.

On my good days though, I could best Johnny Cochran and be a worth contender to the King, Don King....    8-)
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »
Are you talking about this?
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=257273#257273

Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
Three Springs Waygooking posted a story about forcing a boy to push a rock with his face in the dirt and thinking it was funny.
The next day his moderating powers were gone.
Draw your own conclusions.

Uh... that's one way to go about it. Or you could ask the people involved. I done it, ok? I admit it. I not only yanked TSW's moderator status but, some time later, I even deleted every post he had every post he had made under that name. Man, I mean to tell you I was livid! Some of that shit was really, really good. I fucking HATE destroying good prose and thoughtful conversation. But, well, they were his words, he asked me to do it, I didn't have much choice.

Thanks for wasting my time.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Some missed it, I did, but WANF wants to keep the PV thread high, hoping people find it on search engines.  I've PM'd her on CAFETY, suggesting that probably won't do it.  

It seems some of her defenders are worse than her attackers, with more of an interest in the thread itself than WANF.  I wonder why?

I've yanked PV's tail hard recently, well outside of Fornits.  I guess it's my fault that they find it easiest to go at me here.  Can there be any doubt a program that would go to these lengths to cover it's ass would apply undue restraint to a child outside of the three requirements for a restraint, or keep them doped so they'll stay docile and quiet?

WANF is fine.  She'll be better knowing she doesn't have to keep constantly adding to the thread to keep it at the top, it's wearing her out.  She's fighting just to answer.

So there are pro-PV droids posting on this thread? I'm not to surprised. Time to start ignoring guests users again.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
This is a control issue, and therefore, pushes lots of people's buttons because it's a program method.
WANF wants to control what others say that offends her. Others want to control her rants and opinions. Details are irrelevant.

Fact: You can't and never will be able to control what other people think, say, or do; even if you stick them in a warehouse and hold them incommunicado.

-If you want to control your posts on Fornits, then register a user name. At any time you wish, you can delete the account completely or delete individual posts.

-If you are offended, you have 3 choices. Argue, leave, or ignore and carry on. It's not Ginger's role to come in and rescue any poster who continues to argue with another poster that offends him/her. She ain't the mamma and this ain't no program. Everyone has the freedom to leave at any time. No one is forced to read.

-I think it would be useful to have this disclaimer posted somewhere for new people, like at the top of the page have a link that says 'New members read before posting' or some such. Maybe next to FAQ. Give a brief description of how to register and the pros of doing so. Registering a user name doesn't expose your identity. You're just as anonymous as "Guest". But, YOU will have the benefit of controlling YOUR posts. Otherwise, what's posted stays.
It's addressed in FAQ, but people may not read that before posting, and it could be more specific about the pros.

And what is this crap about Ginger deleting TSWs posts? He was registered and therefore could delete them himself.

Amen sister. Say it how it needs to be said.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »

-If you want to control your posts on Fornits, then register a user name. At any time you wish, you can delete the account completely or delete individual posts.

That's not true. I asked a while ago while signed in if I could delete myself and was told flat out NO, you will ruin the CONTINUITY of FORUMS.I asked where the delete function was and told there WAS NONE and NOT TO ASK , guess who those people were answering? lol I guess the rules change depending on who is asking..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »
That's not true. I asked a while ago while signed in if I could delete myself and was told flat out NO, you will ruin the CONTINUITY of FORUMS.I asked where the delete function was and told there WAS NONE and NOT TO ASK
Interesting...

guess who those people were answering? ..

No clue.   .  :question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 08:44:03 PM »
Very soon after WANF started to post, I asked her to register with Fornits, since she was having trouble with duplicate posts, and that would allow her to clean up future dupe posts.  She didn't, and she's regretting it now.  The truth is, she was too distrustful to register, given her computer problems and her paranoia about PV.  I sympathize with her - I live in TN, very close to PV, and I've got an anon telling me to send my step daughter over so she can call her a "moronic cow" to her face.

There are Village idiots in the midst, TSW.  They've given up a few things that only someone familiar with our daughter's case would know, slightly wrong, but still insider info.

WANF is well-meaning.  People who feel they have no control try to find something they can control.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 08:53:45 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Very soon after WANF started to post, I asked her to register with Fornits, since she was having trouble with duplicate posts, and that would allow her to clean up future dupe posts.  She didn't, and she's regretting it now.  The truth is, she was too distrustful to register, given her computer problems and her paranoia about PV.  I sympathize with her - I live in TN, very close to PV, and I've got an anon telling me to send my step daughter over so she can call her a "moronic cow" to her face.

There are Village idiots in the midst, TSW.  They've given up a few things that only someone familiar with our daughter's case would know, slightly wrong, but still insider info.

WANF is well-meaning.  People who feel they have no control try to find something they can control.

She really shouldn't feel distrustful about registering. It doesn't give anything away in regards to your internet address. Further it gives you all the more control over your postings.

No biggie.. she hasn't cooked her goose. I suspect she still has plenty of things to say. Hopefully she will register a user account. If she is that worried about being tracked I'll send her the links to a few of my favorite proxy sites. Nice little sites that change your IP Address for you without using any downloaded softward.

As for the PV supporters.. I take your presence as a sign of fear. Rightfully so, You should be afraid. For your job, your precious little torture pit, and you own concience. Trust me.. you will wake up one day look in the mirror and hate yourself. It takes a long long time to get over that feeling.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
Actually screw it..

Tell WANF to try this site:

www.3proxy.com

Works like a charm.. I've tested it myself a few times on my own forum. Definitely changes the IP number.

or there is

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

I'll test that one myself later to double check it.

another good one, but I need to test it:

http://www.pagewash.com/

Easy to use sites that allow you to change your IP address to ensure your privacy.  Pass those along to WANF and anyone else you think who might benifit from them.
am the metal pig.

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »
This is a control issue, and therefore, pushes lots of people's buttons because it's a program method.
WANF wants to control what others say that offends her. Others want to control her rants and opinions. Details are irrelevant.

Fact: You can't and never will be able to control what other people think, say, or do; even if you stick them in a warehouse and hold them incommunicado.

-If you are offended, you have 3 choices. Argue, leave, or ignore and carry on. It's not Ginger's role to come in and rescue any poster who continues to argue with another poster that offends him/her. She ain't the mamma and this ain't no program. Everyone has the freedom to leave at any time. No one is forced to read.

-I think it would be useful to have this disclaimer posted somewhere for new people, like at the top of the page have a link that says 'New members read before posting' or some such. Maybe next to FAQ. Give a brief description of how to register and the pros of doing so. Registering a user name doesn't expose your identity. You're just as anonymous as "Guest". But, YOU will have the benefit of controlling YOUR posts. Otherwise, what's posted stays.
It's addressed in FAQ, but people may not read that before posting, and it could be more specific about the pros.

And what is this crap about Ginger deleting TSWs posts? He was registered and therefore could delete them himself.

umm equating altering a thread to program is rilly rilly rilly nutsoid. Have u ever been to program? Every site I go on has moderation, they delete stuff, outright ban people, there are no harrassing posters rules and they aint program either. If ever u go to program ..you aint gonna confuse the two no more

Counter Fact: No one wants to control what people think and do- Well,.. no more than anyone does in having "you Need" changed to "i want", Or spam deleted, Or IPs or revealed to see if its a repeat troll. No more then anyone did when the "program surviovr" thread was split in derference to his feelings or when TSWs threds were erased in deference to his feelings . Cause you have feelin for the actual breathin people that bump into "rules".

Keep it up or dont keep it up. Personally I think it would be a nice thing to do, at least split it in respect to her as it was done for PS even if u dont erase it like for TSW. But if it isnt done it shouldnt be about conforimg to "purity" of vision or "our rules"   :roll:  as they are broken all the time and that would be rather absurd and selectively zelous.

yes tsw's threads were erased or they were gonna be erased...dont know the circumstances surrounding it but you can see it in the links
anyway thats m thoughts

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Would anyone mind....
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 10:50:33 PM »
tl;dr time.

FORNITS IS FORNITS.

Who cares what other forums do? We do what WE do. We've done it for years.. we won't change because someone can't handle it.

We are how we are, we don't hide it, we don't sneak it, we don't mislead, and we don't feel any shame about it. In fact, we're proud of it.

If you don't like it, you can argue and TRY to change our minds, or you can go, or you can accept it, or you can whine. Whatever you want.

But eventually we'll get sick of your whining and ignore it.

P.S. "cunt"
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."