Author Topic: IT'S TIME  (Read 2901 times)

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:07:05 PM »
It's time Len to do the right thing. It is not fair and right to keep HLA open and bill for June 2007 tuition when there is not enough staff there to provide the supervision and education that parents are paying right at $6,000 a month for. Some of your staff members are even admitting to your students in confidence that they know that HLA is in big trouble and will more than likely be closing soon. Why not accept the reality that HLA cannot recover at this point and call a spade a spade.  Please consider that it is time to accept that the damage has been done and there is no way to recover at this point. The families would appreciate your honesty when they are taking out 2nd mortgages just to pay for tuition. Please Please do the right thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ET ER DONE

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Ain't never gonna happen, Happy.  Pleading with Len to be honest is like pleading with him to be heterosexual. :D
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
I am sure you are right. I just do not get why they are pretending when so many kids graduate in May and others are getting pulled at the end of the semester. It does not make logical sense. They cannot stay open when they lose that many students next month when they are already way down on enrollment. They already owe families back money that have pulled their kids early and cannot pay them back. I should know because I am one of those families.
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »
Happy, stand in line, because there are probably hundreds of us over the years..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
He will not do the right thing. It's just not in his nature.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
It was a grave error in judgement.  He under-estimated the love of family, the people and their lives he was 'playing' with. The decision was his and his alone.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
IT'S TIME
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Ain't never gonna happen, Happy.  Pleading with Len to be honest is like pleading with him to be heterosexual. :D

There are programs for that you know.. Maybe we could all chip in... ::hehehmm::
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »
Quote from: ""happyday7""
They already owe families back money that have pulled their kids early and cannot pay them back. I should know because I am one of those families.

HLA refunds parents that pull their kids early?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline you_know

• View Profile
refunds
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 06:22:31 AM »
they are supposed to refund all except the deposit depending on when the kid is pulled...IF they pre pay the program...
but they arn't refunding anyone right now...no $$, everything is  already spent!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 06:23:16 AM »
In most cases they do not refund money if a kid is pulled early.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:01 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""happyday7""
They already owe families back money that have pulled their kids early and cannot pay them back. I should know because I am one of those families.

HLA refunds parents that pull their kids early?

Their refund policy in 2000 was to refund all but the current month and some incidentals. I found this out AFTER the HLA rep testified via phone that my ex would forfeit $110K of pre-paid tuition if our son came home at Xmas and I was requesting. He was enrolled just a month earlier, the second week of November.
I've been contacted by no less than 6 people over the years who were hiring lawyers to get their pre-paids back. The problem with refunds isn't just a current issue due to their financial situation. It's been going on a while.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline you_know

• View Profile
refunds
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »
a lot of the reason it has always been a problem was instead of putting the pre paid funds in to a seperate account which they could not touch except for the current months payment, they put it all in the same account as the general funds (aka bill gray's (when he was there for 10+ years) and len's piggy bank) and spend it as if it were theirs - which really, it is not, not until the incidentals or tuition is due for that month...
if they would have done that, it shouldn't have ever been a problem refunding monies that were rightfully due...BUT...well, you know the rest...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
Are you serious? Follow banking rules! How dare you suggest such a thing. Your punishment for such foolish bantering is to pick up goose droppings for the next three weeks. That will teach you to think in a reasonable, logical manner.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
IT'S TIME
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 08:27:13 AM »
The contracts that parents sign even today at HLA still say that if you pull your kid out of HLA early, you only forfeit the last month and 1/2 of tuition that you pre pay up front, as well as current tuition. Parents that paid the full tuition up front and are pulling their kids early are NOT getting all that money refunded back to them because HLA is telling them that they do not have the money to pay them back!!! SO, HLA cannot pay these parents back all this money and they are staying open WHY????
ET ER DONE