Author Topic: MISSING PREGNANT TEENS - NEED YOUR HELP  (Read 10635 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MISSING PREGNANT TEENS - NEED YOUR HELP
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
Go here and leave your comments - I think this guy was associated with WWASPS and was originally the owner of New Beginnings in Kanab.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=826431& ... rue#postit
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
Contact ISAC to see if they can help....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:01:24 AM »
Kanab City Council Meeting September 13, 2005

Spencer Moody and Criag Rogers applied for and were approved a Conditional Use Permit for ABUNDANT LIFE CHRISTIAN BOARDING SCHOOL and NEW BEGINNINGS MATERNITY HOME located at 220 West 300 North.

Craig Rogers made this statement to the Council Members:
"We don't lock up kids.  These kids are not criminals.  They are kids who do not get along with their parents and are rebelling against their Christian heritage.  It is just a boarding school."

The Permit was approved as follows:

New Beginnings Maternity Home doing business as Abundant Life Christian Boarding School with conditions to include---
 - Total number of children to be housed: 24 females, 24 males
 - Students will not have acute mental health need, a history of violence or crime, or be iin need of psychological therapeutic treatment (including drug and alcohol treatment).
 -Immediately notify the police department of unauthorized leaving of property and any crimnnal activity.

Most regular fornits readers are familiar with Craig Rogers and his ALA program.

Do any other readers find a CO-ED "maternity home" somewhat strange?

Another question:
Why is New Beginnings listed as a WWASP facility in the TURLEY lawfirm documents?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:11:40 AM »
I know a little bit about this; but only a little bit.

ALA bought the property that had house WWASP's "New Beginnings" there in Kanab. Last I heard, ALA was considering weather or not to continue with the maternity home for the pregnant girls. I had the impression they thought not - but I do not know what was finely decided.

These girls are not ALA girls; and as far as I can tell there is no association between their "program" and ALA.

Maybe that helps a clarify the situation a little. If not, I really can't add anything more. Its all I know.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:29 AM »
I just realized Moody was named in the account of the girls frying pan escape; so maybe they are associated. Still, this campus wasn't in Kanab was it?  It wasn't the old New Beginning Hospital was it? When I tried to look up the location I had the impression it was in Provo.

Anybody know?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
New Beginnings and Abundant Life Christian Academy were approved to be run "jointly" by Spencer Moody and Craig Rogers.

BUZZ:  to you know why New Beginnings is listed in the TURLEY lawsuit as one of the WWASP facilities in this lawsuit?
Do you know what CHARGES have been brought against New Beginnings, and WHO has been CHARGED at New Beginnings?

DID, or DOES Spencer and Jana work for WWASP?

NEW HOPE MATERNITY is the "home" that  the 3 girls ran away from--and this facility is owned and operated by Spencer and Jana Moody.
Currently they have a PROBATIONARY LICENSE through the State of Utah that begins 8/22/2006 and ends 1/31/07.

Spencer Moody has been quoted in the media that NEW HOPE has been in business for 3 years.  Was he running NEW HOPE unlicensed previously?  Or did something happen that caused this facility to be placed on "probation?"

Spencer Moody was also quoted in the media, "this is the first incident to happen at New Hope.....and he says Jana Moody was not seriously injured."  So, why are the Moody's closing down NEW HOPE so suddenly?
Perhaps the Moodys don't want to have the State of Utah doing any monitoring or oversight of this facility any longer?

The mother of one of these runaway girls from NEW HOPE,Gina Castro, was quoted in the media, saying: "Maybe her daughter ran away because she didn't want to give her baby up for adoption."
What is going on here?  Who is protecting the "RIGHTS" of these pregnant girls?

Bigger question:  WHO is making BIG money from the adoption of these babies in Utah?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »
New Hope Maternity home is located in American Fork, Utah

New Beginnings is located in Kanab, Utah.

Note:
Spencer Moody was the former Director of Woodland Hills, another home for pregnant girls.
This facility is located in Salem, Utah.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 01:30:09 PM »
Can't wait to find out who referred these girls.  Did the mothers find the facility on their own or did they have help from some ed or dot con?

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 02:32:26 PM »
"Dot con"

Jeeez..  :roll:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 04:23:43 PM »
///BUZZ: to you know why New Beginnings is listed in the TURLEY lawsuit as one of the WWASP facilities in this lawsuit? ///

I assume it is a matter of every program WWASP ever operated being filed against; weather or not they are still operating.

///Do you know what CHARGES have been brought against New Beginnings, and WHO has been CHARGED at New Beginnings? ///

I don't know that anyone with New Beginnings; either when it was WWASP; or after ALA bought the building; has been charged with anything - I never heard anything much about the place even when WWASP operated it.

///DID, or DOES Spencer and Jana work for WWASP? ///

Not to my knowledge. There are others who would be more likely to know.

///NEW HOPE MATERNITY is the "home" that the 3 girls ran away from--and this facility is owned and operated by Spencer and Jana Moody. Currently they have a PROBATIONARY LICENSE through the State of Utah that begins 8/22/2006 and ends 1/31/07.  Spencer Moody has been quoted in the media that NEW HOPE has been in business for 3 years. Was he running NEW HOPE unlicensed previously? Or did something happen that caused this facility to be placed on "probation?" ///

I would *guess* after Utah passed the recent legislation concerning licenseur for teen programs, many program then applied for them; and I would *guess* many are still operating under a probationary licenses.   I don't know how long they are allowed, or required, to operate on such a licenses.

///Spencer Moody was also quoted in the media, "this is the first incident to happen at New Hope.....and he says Jana Moody was not seriously injured." So, why are the Moody's closing down NEW HOPE so suddenly?
Perhaps the Moodys don't want to have the State of Utah doing any monitoring or oversight of this facility any longer? ///

Maybe - but I would guess they are feeling depressed and demoralized by the attack. Moody may not have been seriously injured, but she was knocked silly and tied up. That would be pretty upsetting to anyone, I would think.

///The mother of one of these runaway girls from NEW HOPE,Gina Castro, was quoted in the media, saying: "Maybe her daughter ran away because she didn't want to give her baby up for adoption."
What is going on here? Who is protecting the "RIGHTS" of these pregnant girls? ///

This worries me too.

///Bigger question: WHO is making BIG money from the adoption of these babies in Utah?///

A Good Question and a cause of concern.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
The new licensing law in Utah was passed in 2005.
New Hope Maternity's probationary license STARTED on August 22, 2006 and ENDS January 31, 2007.

There's some other reason why this facility, which has been in business for 3 years,  has a "Probationary license" that started in August 2006.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »
Can a reputable law firm, and  everyone assumes the Turley law firm is a very reputable law firm; include a facility in a lawsuit without having "actual grievances, complaints, and accusations" made against the facility and/or someone who actually worked at this facility?

It seems highly unlikely that a facility would be added to a lawsuit, just because it was once owned by the WWASP association.  This would open this law firm up to a lawsuit of it's own by the current owners of New Beginnings.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Can a reputable law firm, and  everyone assumes the Turley law firm is a very reputable law firm; include a facility in a lawsuit without having "actual grievances, complaints, and accusations" made against the facility and/or someone who actually worked at this facility?

It seems highly unlikely that a facility would be added to a lawsuit, just because it was once owned by the WWASP association.  This would open this law firm up to a lawsuit of it's own by the current owners of New Beginnings.

I think your wrong there. Seems to me they need to be sure and cover all their bases. Besides, Who says they don't have grievances, complaints against NBMH? They may have plaintiffs who were at New Beginnings when WWASP operated it.

This particular wwasp program no longer exist; just like Paradise Cove; or Brightway Hospital; but these facilities are still named; b/c there are people who were victimized there when they did exist.  

Why would the current property owners worry about it? It has nothing to do with them or their program; which is in the same building - but under different ownership and management; nor is it called New Beginnings. So, why would they care?

I have trouble understand you folks who seem so determined and obsessed with finding fault with this case and the lawyers who are working it. Why the constant harping about all these non existent issues? Unless your some dam Program Troll. That would make since.

If your not that - then don't worry - all is well and as I have pointed out before - Fornits is no place to be litigating this case.

If you are a program troll - then to bad for you - b/c these guys are not likely to miss filing deadlines; or be easily bought.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:15:04 PM »
New Beginnings Maternity Home does has a phone listing in Kanab, Utah:
(435) 676-2157

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 12:01:15 AM »
When does this Turley lawsuit go to trial?  I recognize many names from the other lawsuit a few years ago.  What's up with that?