Author Topic: Attn: SysAdmin (Anonymous Posting)  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Attn: SysAdmin (Anonymous Posting)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »
::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::both::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 12:38:00 AM »
If I knew who the Ass Holes were, It would be easier to deal with.

:rofl: I think this should go down in quote history!

The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »
On 2003-03-04 09:01:00, JDavid wrote:

"The originating IP is already there even when something is written as Anonymous.  The only additional things the profile registration requires is a user name, a password and an email address.  You can make the email address invisible to everyone.  So, even having a profile is completely anonymous.  Based on the current required fields being only those 3, I'm all for requiring a unique ID to post messages.

David

Kennesaw, GA

"
Yes,but all you assholes in Kennesaw Georgia have guns in your house.Kennesaw Georgia has the higest per capita pre teen child prostitute ratio in all of trailer trash America.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »
On 2006-03-26 21:38:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

"

If I knew who the Ass Holes were, It would be easier to deal with.

::burger::  ::cheers::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::  ::spam::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »
On 2003-03-04 14:56:00, SysAdmin wrote:

"

On 2003-03-03 22:17:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"Well, I'd like to say one thing about control. I have no choice here. I am an unfortunate subscriber to an ISP that Fornits administrators have barred from making anonymous posts. I suppose I get a little annoyed when I see anonymous posts, I'd love to make a few now and then. :smokin: "

First, there is no ISP wide ban on anon posting. There is only one ISP that had been banned, and those people can not even read the goings on here.

Second, I have changed the method of how a person gets band so that whole ISPs (proxy servers) do not get banned anymore. The ban time has been lowered to 2 hours. And th only people that get banned by the filter are Anon posters, where we get a lot of SPAM and crap from.

When a user is banned we are doing it by setting a cookie. So if you get banned as an anon user, you will also be banned with your regular login for the ban duration (2 hours), or unless you manipulate your cookies.

As far as forcing people to create an account in order to post, I refuse to do this unless it is for a "Private" forum. Personally I like a nice open atmosphere, and if it weren't for abusers FUCKING things up for the rest of us, I would have never put restrictions on what is posted.

If you REALLY want to know EXACTLY how the ban filter works, let me know and I will tell you privately (depending on who you are :wink: ). But there are details that I would rather not post, so the ASS HOLES can take advantage. However I will say that the filter is more stringent on Anon the registered users.

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »
On 2006-03-27 03:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"Well, I'd like to say one thing about control. I have no choice here. I am an unfortunate subscriber to an ISP that Fornits administrators have barred from making anonymous posts. I suppose I get a little annoyed when I see anonymous posts, I'd love to make a few now and then. :smokin: "

First, there is no ISP wide ban on anon posting. There is only one ISP that had been banned, and those people can not even read the goings on here.

Second, I have changed the method of how a person gets band so that whole ISPs (proxy servers) do not get banned anymore. The ban time has been lowered to 2 hours. And th only people that get banned by the filter are Anon posters, where we get a lot of SPAM and crap from.

When a user is banned we are doing it by setting a cookie. So if you get banned as an anon user, you will also be banned with your regular login for the ban duration (2 hours), or unless you manipulate your cookies.

As far as forcing people to create an account in order to post, I refuse to do this unless it is for a "Private" forum. Personally I like a nice open atmosphere, and if it weren't for abusers FUCKING things up for the rest of us, I would have never put restrictions on what is posted.

If you REALLY want to know EXACTLY how the ban filter works, let me know and I will tell you privately (depending on who you are :wink: ). But there are details that I would rather not post, so the ASS HOLES can take advantage. However I will say that the filter is more stringent on Anon the registered users.

"

1"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »
On 2006-03-27 03:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-03-27 03:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

1"

2"

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
I,for one,are an "asshole",but I live in China,so you cant touch me!

A good thing, if you ask me!  I'm not into touching assholes. :lol:

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006