Author Topic: are there any 1980's dallas straight mebers out there  (Read 28865 times)

Offline ShebbyLeavers

• View Profile
are there any 1980's dallas straight mebers out there
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
helly

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
Hey, its me!  I have been looking for both of you ladies for a long time and had run into a dead end.  I was hoping that you would eventually come here and see my email and you did!  Life is good, I live in Denton and have for about 9 years.  I received both of your emails and will email you privately.  I love you both and have missed you tons! Hey Les, how are you and your not so new hubby?

Peace,
Shannon

Offline twin1.angie

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »
hey shannon...there are 3 of us that have been asking about you today...do you still love me?
or were you talking to shelly & leslie? i need love too...angie :wink:

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
Yes Denny DeBourbon is dead.(R.I.P)
I heard this from serveral sources ..and dont have details but Im sure of it in my mind at least ..

Do you guys not remember me ? I remember you.
Brad Beshears...I was about 12 or 13 in 1988.
I cried alot...I got confronted alot... You know how Carmen Yrok was always getting ripped? I was kind of the guy version of her as far as Staffs favorite to chew up.

I was a little kid and I was easy I think ...Was virgin ...never touched drugs..and not at all prepared to handle that shit hehe.

And no I never regained my sanity.Straight was merely the 1st of 12 rehabs/ behavior Mod programs for me.My mother didnt want to raise me, she was schizophrenic and beat me all my life..so at 12 years old I was an emotional wreck...and at that time I started hitting her back. ( Im talking about her breaking my nose on a regular basis ..always had 3 pairs of glasses because she would break them right off my face.
 In fact I have a childhood picture of me at about 9 years old with the bridge of my nose and eyes completely black and swollen.
 I didnt even realize I was abused at that time and thought all "bad people" were beaten like that.
 The behavior mod programs further reinforced my belief I was a horrible person and deserved all I got.

The programs did me alot of good they helped me to grow into a perfectly good adult heroin addict.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
Of course I was talking to you too Angie!  You're my special girl! ::heart:: You and Shelly were who I was going to email back. Sorry I havent done so yet my mom is in town and I havent had a chance to sit and write a long letter.  We have to get together soon, we are way to close to each other not to.

Love, S

Offline aboutagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
On 2004-10-08 20:58:00, BellaSatya wrote:

"Hey Les, how are you and your not so new hubby?

Peace,

Shannon"

We are so great. We just celebrated our 1st anniversary. My daughter and I were sent flowers, and we went out to eat at an amazing restaurant. I got a few other things from my husband. He's a hopeless romantic. Life is good.

How are you, dear? And your brother? Shelly has my email, so send me an update on how your life is, and how your daughter is. I'd love to hear. I wish I were closer so that we could all go out to a cool restaurant in Dallas and catch up on the years. It's been a very long time.

Chao, Bella. ::kiss::

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »
I am so happy to hear that life is going so well for you and your family.  Anyone who knows you knows that you truly deserve some happiness.  I will email you.  I think I have your email too unless you changed it.

Peace,
Shannon

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »
Brad, I do remember you.  I was extremely saddened by your experiences as a kid and now too.  I hate that children have to endure those types of injustices at the hands of their own parents.  Are you still a heroin addict? Just for the record Carmen York was my newcomer forever and she was a handful based on the Straight criteria but if I saw her today I would apologize for the confrontation.  I am sure that most of us are not who we were when we were 15 and having it to do over again would do it another way.  

Peace,
Shannon

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2003-09-09 10:42:00, BellaSatya wrote:

"I have an important question.  Does anyone remember Denny Debourbon?  >"

I remember Denny.  He was on 5th phase when I came in.  I always thought it to be so ironic that a guy with the word Bourbon in his name was in rehab.

I never really kept in touch with anyone from Straight until finding this site, so I don't know how hardly anyone is, except what I've learned here.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
Nah I dont shoot dope anymore. Been a couple of years ...Still on the Liquid Handcuffs though.(Methadone)
 Ill be on one or the other till I die.
No I moved and have changed Cable services...and therefore my e mail. I think i posted my hot mail adress on here somewhere perhaps Ill pm it

Drip by drip my backwards growth... crawl.
Fade to hate.
And I'll die within my fade[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-10-16 17:56 ]

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
So why didnt Chad Barnes ever check back on his thread?
 He did my intake along with Mark Gerling.That was 4/2 of 1988, a Saturday. It is one of my most vivid memories...of anything ever.
 Im sure it will be one of the things that flashes before my eyes when I die.
  Let me see if I can rattle some names off for you.
 Greg Peay, Doug Grueder, Ben and Heather Hill, Gina Golden,Greg McLaine, Brad Lentz,Donny Hernandez, Kathy David (junior Staff major fucking bitch ..)
 Steve Volkner, Robbie Pettigrew, then a dude from seattle and his name escapes me but I know it and will remember another time when Im not so stoned..they denied him medical care and he had acne breakout bad and they of course wouldnt let him see dermatologist or anything and it turned into abcess on his face.
 Poor guy
I also remember the Chicken Pox breaking out Fall of 1988 and they didjnt even let the Pox kids sit out of group they just had a chicken Pox row about 50 feet behind the group ..oh and I think they got a pillow to sit on....
 Tsk tsk.

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
On 2004-10-16 18:08:00, Scarstruck wrote:

I also remember the Chicken Pox breaking out Fall of 1988 and they didjnt even let the Pox kids sit out of group they just had a chicken Pox row about 50 feet behind the group ..oh and I think they got a pillow to sit on....

Tsk tsk.
"

I don't remember that, and I should 'cause I was in Straight 24/7 at that time.  And the only person I remember getting a pillow to sit on was Todd T.  I remember that Craig McGinnis used to call him "Rip" after that.  Call on him in group just like that.

Offline ChadS.

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2004, 11:57:00 PM »
My husband was there 89.  He showed me the Texas Monthly you were in.  Pretty crazy stuff.  His name is Chad Seelye.  I think he said he remembers you.
[email protected]

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »
On 2004-10-28 20:20:00, taureana wrote:

"

On 2004-10-16 18:08:00, Scarstruck wrote:

Tsk tsk.

"

I don't remember that, and I should 'cause I was in Straight 24/7 at that time.  And the only person I remember getting a pillow to sit on was Todd T.  I remember that Craig McGinnis used to call him "Rip" after that.  Call on him in group just like that."

Trust me it happened.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
I remember Chad S.  He was on 4th right when I came in and made 5th not too long after.  (I think)

That was around March-May.  I remember him being one of the more attractive guys, and also one of the more quiet ones.  Most all of the guys side i can clearely picture in mid-scream or rant, he isnt one of them though.

Dont know if you guys are both posting together under this name, so I apologize if I am talking to the wrong side of the "ChadS" username!  I hope all is well, I would be interested in getting Chad's take on what he thinks of the program now.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere