Author Topic: Stuff you've been listening to  (Read 849083 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Stuff you've been listening to
« Reply #1365 on: December 31, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »
Where do you go when you pray ??  I mean are you in the dope then or what ??  Sometimes I feel like Marijuana is a key of some kind, or an answer to some riddle...where is the Red Temple.  Is it in the night of the moonlit desert...will there be ganja there...???  Perhaps I have been there.  Sometimes I find that I may already have the knowledge but the word confuses me.  These chains fall to rust in front of me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 31, 2006, 11:13:50 PM »
Delaney & Bonnie and Friends On Tour With Eric Clapton
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Rabbi Dopeman

• View Profile
    • http://erowid.org
« Reply #1367 on: December 31, 2006, 11:46:03 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
Where do you go when you pray ??  I mean are you in the dope then or what ??  Sometimes I feel like Marijuana is a key of some kind, or an answer to some riddle...where is the Red Temple.  Is it in the night of the moonlit desert...will there be ganja there...???  Perhaps I have been there.  Sometimes I find that I may already have the knowledge but the word confuses me.  These chains fall to rust in front of me.

Hmmm.....where to begin?  When I pray/meditate, I am usually seeking a state of pure being and consciousness, a mystical union with the All, a state where the subject and object of the meditation are One.  Other times I go to a bar on the Astral Plane, depends on who's working the bar that night.

Marijuana, and other sacraments,  can be used as a key to reach hightened states of being, and are useful adjuncts to meditation, superior in and of themselves to many forms of prayer or meditation.  THat's right, smoking a joint is more effective than some, if not most, forms of meditation practiced by people today.  It is that powerful of a sacrament.

The Red Temple is a mental construuct, a "prop" if you will in the Cosmic Drama that is continually unfolding.  It has often been described as being in the desert on a moonlit night, but otherse have sworn it was beneath the sea, surrounded by the ruins of Atlantis (the Red Temple itself being left intact).  There is always ganja there.

Many entities find their way there through astral projection, others have been known to hitchhike, some experience a temporal fugue, and wake up there, unaware of how they got there, or even that they had left on a journey to find it.

Knowledge is not only a confusing word, but a potentially confusing concept.  As Don Juan taught, Fear, Clarity, and Power are three of the Enemies of Knowledge.  Clartiy can be ruthless, often enticing one to believe that he has seen the Truth in all of its myriad forms, captured in the snapshot of the moment of his samdhi experience, believing that to be the Truth and the ONLY Truth---failing to recognize that all is in flux, the world is like a house on fire, as ol' Siddhartha said.  By becoming too attached to our own notions of what is Truth, and seeing it as self-evisdent, so obvious that it seems ridiculous that we could ever have missed it, we often are trapped into a delusion, the false belief that having seen things clearly, as they Are,  that the frozen snapshot that our mind takes of the experience has crystalized and solidified permanently.  This is not the case, and is akin to looking at a roadmap from one hundred years ago for a journey we are planning on taking today.  Change is constant, and the Universe is always moving, transforming, and rearranging itself.  Seeing the Universe as a PROCESS, rather than a THING, has been useful to me.  

All this metaphysics makes me hungry----for WEED.  I believe I will transcend with a lil help from my friend, TBPITW.  Happy New Year, Pirate, and I hope I answered your question sufficiently.  If not, let me know.

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 01, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »
Thanks Rabbi.  Yes, you have answered my question quite well.  

Happy New Year!

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 01, 2007, 12:12:13 AM »
Stevie Wonder

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 01, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »
Stevie Wonder

What does Stevie wonder about?  :rofl:

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 01, 2007, 04:38:31 PM »
...just a minute while I stitch my side... :roll:  :lol: ...

Robert Palmer_Some People Can Do What They Like and Double Fun

These 2 records are good enough, but fall short of his earlier work, Sneakin Sally Through the Alley.  They are still worth havin, because they are intelligent and subtle and funky.  Dig the horns.  Robert Palmer must 'a' spent some time on the Little Feat scene.  I notice he covers a couple of their tunes on a couple of his records.  They're an obvious influence on him.  Some of the guys from Little Feat even appear on Palmers cover of their song "Spanish Moon", which is on Some People Can Do What They Like.  I like his early stuff.  Sneakin Sally is a killer, solid blend of blues/rock/funk all the way through and features another Little Feat cover, "Sailin Shoes" as part of the Sneakin Sally medley.  Palmer and Little Feat are both underrated.  Some of the kids that come around can't even believe it when I put Sneakin Sally on.  Then when I tell 'em it's Robert Palmer they are blown away again, assuming they know him by his later work, "Simply Irresistable" and that other song I can't remember right now.  

On the 2nd side of Double Fun he does a real cool, slow version of the Kinks "You Really Got Me".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 01, 2007, 05:16:16 PM »
.. Little Feat are....... underrated.  .

I really like Little Feat a lot.  Here's a link to a bunch of live shows by them.  A lot of them are in a strreaming audio format, so you don't need to download them.  Check it out, there's some good shit listed there.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query ... %20Feat%22

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 01, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
University of Michigan Wolverine marching band doin Stairway to Heaven at halftime of the Rose Bowl.  Nice.  Too bad the network cut away so soon.  They were soundin pretty good.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 01, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
Lowell George is fuckin' great!

Yeah, Little Feat.. I've got Sailin' Shoes and The Last Record Album.. both are good albums.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 01, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (v- side 2)
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (v)
Belly - Star

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 01, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »
Not into Robert Palmer though ??  Ya know Sneakin Sally ??  Just wonderin.  I'd be surprised if ya didn't like that record.

Woodstock 2(v):

Jimi Hendrix_Jam Back At the House, Izabella and Get My Heart Back Together

Jefferson Airplane_Saturday Afternoon/Won't You Try and Eskimo Blue Day

The Butterfield Blues Band_Everything's Gonna be Alright

Joan Baez_Sweet Sir Galahad

CSN_Guinnevere, 4+20(one of my personal all time favorite songs) and Marakesh Express

Melanie_My Beautiful People and Birthday of the Sun

Mountain_Blood of the Sun and Theme For an Imaginary Western

Canned Heat_Woodstock Boogie
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:19:47 PM by Guest »

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 01, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
from Rainbow's live album, "On Stage"(v):

"Kill the King"
"Man On the Silver Mountain"
"Blues"
"Starstruck"
"Catch the Rainbow"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:18:42 PM by Guest »

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 01, 2007, 10:17:26 PM »
Lou Reed_Rock N Roll Animal(v)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 01, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Narcolepsy - 3eb