Author Topic: worried  (Read 20882 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »
Not much Shorty where have you been?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Short Bus on 2006-02-09 19:02 ]

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »
That sucks brother Im sorry to hear that. You shouldnt have strayed you know?

Hindsight is always 20 20 though I guess.

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »
Not a whole lot man, just noticing how annoying this SHH bitch is..

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
I edited that post just in case, although we dont get along too well ( me and you ) I had to ghet that off my chest and figured youre mature enough to understand..Hindsight is always 20/20, ibve been thinkin that all day man.. Please dont bring that post I edited on the forum, k?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »
You've been "thinking about that" all day?

Somebody, please, re-post what this guy is all concerned about, what did he say, did he threaten somebody or something interesting and self-revealing like that???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »
It was about a fight I got in with my girlfriend of two years, I was talking to Robert, mind your fucking business, I would hope you have enough of your own problems in life not to worry about mine..Fuck you.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »
Are you 'short' on vocab?? too??

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »
On 2006-02-09 19:06:00, Short Bus wrote:

"I edited that post just in case, although we dont get along too well ( me and you ) I had to ghet that off my chest and figured youre mature enough to understand..Hindsight is always 20/20, ibve been thinkin that all day man.. Please dont bring that post I edited on the forum, k?"

Dont sweat it. I wont mention it again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
Short Bus
A regular around here

Posted: 2006-02-09 18:37:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Art likes "tea bagging" niggers ball sacks..
============================================                wow,, this asshole ia friend of yours??  was  probably  a  fantasy about some fecal fantasy,, judging by his other posts...you be the judge

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
On 2006-02-09 19:04:00, Short Bus wrote:

"Not a whole lot man, just noticing how annoying this SHH bitch is.."

AMEN!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
Quote from: ""HLA Truth""

Sorry that it has taken so long to get back with you on these points...

Drugs are rampant on campus-  Yes, we had some kids recently who were caught with drugs on campus.  Three kids actually shared one joint that one of them had snuck onto campus.  All students involved went to Ridge Creek.  Other than that one incident there have been no other times in recent memory that drugs have been on campus.  On the rare occasion, however, they do get onto campus.

Students are punished for cutting or restricting food-  Actually the opposite is true.  We have a policy against this.  I will note that this has not always been the policy.  Years ago students were put on restrictions for such things.  I believe the program is much more clinically sound now than it was in the early days.  This does not mean that kids who do these things are exempt from restrictions if they do other things that would get every other kid on restriction.  If their state of mind is too severe to handle typical student life here, we will reccomend that they move on to more of a hospital setting.

Mulitiple days on restriction-  THis is an exageration of the facts.  Yes, kids can build up multiple days on restrictions and in the past kids were on restriction for an infinite ammount of time.  Now, if a kid is on restrictions for more than 15 days in one month, we hold a special staffing to determine how to get that child back on track.  This will often result in sending the child to RCI.  When they come back, the slate is wiped clean.  If they don't go to RCI, we look at creative ways in which we can get the kids off of restrictions and able to join the majority of the student body who are not on restrictions.

RCI as a last resort-  In my mind RCI is used as a last resort, other than dismissing a child.  There are certain behaviors, however, that will almost automatically send a child to RCI such as intimidation of another student, physical violence, bring drugs onto campus, abusing medications.  Pretty much anything that severly inhibits the groth of another student.  In terms of RCI not being clinical enough, I don't think you will find another wilderness program in the country that is more clinical.  All of their therapists are state licensed and the program is licensed by the state as well.  They are very clinical.

Your child is always on restriction-  This is where I would challenge you a bit.  If your child is always on restriction and unable to participate in the fun activities of the school, I would put that problem back onto your child.  He has the ability to not be on restrictions.  I want you to realize that 80% of the school is NOT on restrictions.  Most of them are going about their business, following the rules, and being able to participate in activities.  Let your child work through the beginning part of this program and realize that he has to be the one to make the changes.  

Boy to the hospital-  Yes.  This did occur.  Several boys beat up another boy for making racial remarks to one of them.  All of the boys involved are now at RCI.  The boy that got beat up went to the hospital to get stitches in his lip.  HLA is vigilent at stopping any violence or intimidation on campus.  Once it is found out it is dealt with swiftly.  HLA has not tolerance for this kind of thing on its campus.

Academically behind after RCI-  Kids are given six weeks to make up their work following RCI.  Also, student are allowed to work on their academics while they are at RCI.  You may not want to hear this, but if your child has not gotten themselves complete after RCI, it is entirely their fault.  The kids are given plenty of time to catch up and the vast majority of kids get caught up very quickly.  If your child is truly working and still having trouble getting caught up, I encourage you to call the academic department and discuss what the problem is.  They will work with you.  Just make sure your child is TRULY working and not just trying to make excuses for himself.  Again, the VAST majority of kids make their academic work up very quickly.

I hope this has been of some help to you.  I am sure much of what I have written will now get trashed.  Just remember, there is a big difference in how things are now as opposed to when most of the posters on this site were here.  Ultimately, you have to decide what is best for your child and only you can decide that.  Good luck and maybe I will see you when you come up.

Wonder whatever happened to this guy?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
He's been told to "expect a subpoena" from HLA's law team.  I'm sure you'll see him in court shortly.

Funny thing, though.  If HLA asks him to testify, they're going to get burned by their own witness.  Anyway, it'll be fun to watch.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »
Interesting.  I thought he was all gung ho pro HLA.  Hmmm.  Seems like more and more people are waking up.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2007, 12:39:25 PM »
he knows all about the inappropriate placements, etc and has said many times that the concept of hla was good but that len killed it with unethical/criminal management, no licensed counselors or teachers, etc.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control