Author Topic: The Chappelle Theory  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
This is a great read. :tup:  :tup:

http://www.chappelletheory.com/index.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
Well, its interesting - but do you believe it?
Do you think these people could manage to monkey with his credit cards? Do you think they would really care that much? I mean I can see them being angry and maybe not inviting him to their parties - but to go to that kind of trouble? I don't know. It seems a bit much. Surely they recognize there is truth to the jokes - or they wouldn't be funny. Harassing Dave to death won't change a thing.
If it is true - I sure do hope they are all charged with  every possible charge - and wouldn't court TV just Love that?

Offline YuckFou

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
Well... it definitely sounds laughable at first, be honestly who knows what goes on behind the scenes. It definitely fits the public known timeline of events, and tends to explain a lot (as any good conspiracy should do). The site is relatively new I think, so maybe we will hear more about this in the future.

... what a nightmare.. waking up to hear Oprah whispering in your ear.. my god!  :scared:  :eek:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »
Well, I don't know if it's true or not.

Certainly, we all know people who, given the resources and lifelong confinement to the celebrity bubble would behave just about exactly like this.

Let's see, what level of mindfucking could someone like Oprah be capable of? Well, she launched Phil McGraw's celebrity career and, evidently, approves wholeheartedly of the troubled parent programs to which he instructs his blithe followers to ship their kids. Either that or, contrary to her warm and sentimental public image, she doesn't give a FUCK what you fans think.

Are they capable of it logistically? Are you shitting me? People WORSHIP these icons. All it takes is one devoted follower to slip in an alternate tape and flip a switch for that couple of seconds down at the local station. Even better? Just switch the cable feed outside the house or up the pole for a few minutes. You'd be surprised how much unquestioned access one can get with just a hard hat, a tool belt and a plain white panel truck. Or one low level clerk at a bank services company for whom a call from any of the above is the most exciting thing that ever happened to them.

Not a problem.

And then there's the Eddie Murphy story. Remember? A few years back? He was getting all kinds of condemnation from black 'leaders' about making all black people look bad? Then he's hiring body guards, talking about harassment and death threats and stuff? Then he sort of dropped out for awhile. I missed him. Next time I noticed him, he was doing a vampire movie. Not a bad movie, as modern urban Dracula flicks go. But not his best work either.

Anybody remember?

So now he's supposed to be doing some documentary work in New Orleans w/ Spike Lee.

I'm piqued, I tell ya'! And how ironic is it for Bill Cosby, of all people, to be preaching at anybody for denigrating the image of African Americans? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Nov18.html

That sort of fits the timeline too, doesn't it? And the motive question. It's one thing to entertain audiences, make them think and illicit real respect and affection from them. It's another thing entirely to presume oneself to be their keeper; the guard at the gate, protecting them from harmful, dangerous material.

Yeah, it fits. I'll mark it as credible but unproven and keep on digging.

By the year 2000, we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in human potential, not God.
--Gloria Steinam, women's rights activist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
Or one low level clerk at a bank services company for whom a call from any of the above is the most exciting thing that ever happened to them.

I knew of a lady who worked in a bank where a celebrity kept a checking account and she would
check the balance frequently and keep her close
friends updated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
Yeah, it fits. I'll mark it as credible but unproven and keep on digging.

It gives one an interesting perspective
when watching the DVD's of the first two seasons.

The previews of the 3rd season look funny
as ever, making a joke of his hiatus ...

If this story is true that will piss off
the black powers that be even more!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Rest assured, I have no respect for any of the persons named as possible tormentors of Dave Chappell. Its not that I think any of them to be ethically above such actions. I just find it hard to believe they would care enough about Dave and his jokes to take the trouble.  I didn't know Eddie Murphy had come under fire. I generally don't watch these raunchy dudes or follow their careers to carefully. I am aware of Dave Chappell b/c my two kids love him, and have often acted out skits from his show - which did indeed crack me up. I've never seen it myself. Even so, I would be very angry on his behalf if proof of such things ever came to light. If true - it is absolutely outrageous - and I honestly would argue each and every one of them deserve long stretches of time in a federal prison.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
We know they did in Malcom X... and you notice the reference to Tupac and Biggy? What a trip!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »
Well, I knew Malcolm X got did. Never knew Oprah did it.

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »
I read enough & my response? Yeah right - I agree as if they would care to invest this amount of time & energy in the first place -or as if Oprah really got to know Dave as an "Extra" on a movie set, rest assured "Extras" do NOT hang out with leading ladies. The webmaster needs to learn to spell steer not "stear" before I think anything they say is credible

Do your own Google Search for "Metro, Chappelle & Cosby", the so called "Philadelphia Metro" article only comes up in message boards results, not a "philadelpha metro website" how come the article doesn't exists?

If they have so much power & interest why the hell is this website still up? Wouldn't they have gotten rid of it by how too?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »
I read enough & my response? Yeah right - I agree as if they would care to invest this amount of time & energy in the first place -or as if Oprah really got to know Dave as an "Extra" on a movie set, rest assured "Extras" do NOT hang out with leading ladies. The webmaster needs to learn to spell steer not "stear" and correct several other grammatical/spelling errors before I think anything they say is credible.

Do your own Google Search for "Metro, Chappelle & Cosby", the so called "Philadelphia Metro" article only comes up in message boards results, not a "philadelphia metro website" how come the article doesn't exists? Its a crock to paint these leaders in a bad light. Its a crock.

If they have so much power & interest why the hell is this website still up? Wouldn't they have gotten rid of it by how too?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Chappelle Theory
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »
Rent "Half Baked"

Watch the directors comments on the dvd extras.

Tamra Davis talks about how funny Chappelle is,
but also that he got his own show, and she
couldn't imagine "those guys" completing a
script a week.

That was before the success of the show.

After the big contact the business department
of the Comedy Channel must have been demanding
formula comedy from Chappelle. That is not
who he is.

That is why he quit.